Oreo and Photography

It Will Always Be You

It was a fine day perfect for capturing the beautiful flower garden of the university. Hongbin enjoys it more than any other person at that moment for it will be another addition to his photo book.

Honestly, he was just bored waiting for Hyuk to finish his class and treat him to lunch when he realized that the scene that time was quite beautiful and started taking photos with his camera which he always have with him. He found it really awkward that Hyuk chose the flower garden to be their meeting place for the day but now he was partly thankful for it. He’s already in his sophomore year and yet he just realized the beauty of the garden just now.

Hongbin was waiting for nearly 20 minutes and still Hyuk hasn’t come.  “One more picture and if Hyuk still won’t come then I shall leave this place and forget that today is his birthday, that brat!” Hongbin told himself and positioned himself to get a wide shot of the whole scene. He was too near so he decided to take a step back.

It’s still not okay so he took another step back.

Still too close. Another step.

Then he heard a crack. He stepped on something, he’s positive.

He looked around and she saw a girl whom he thinks is the same age as him, looking at his foot that stepped on a pack of Oreo. Then she shifted his gaze on Hongbin and she looks like she’s about to cry so Hongbin started to panic. Before Hongbin could do anything, the girl started to cry which caught the attention of other people around and gave him judgmental looks and stares.

Hongbin doesn’t know what to do anymore.

“H-hey. Why are you crying?” he asked, sounding stupid.

“You are seriously asking me why I’m crying?! Why don’t you look at the ground and see what you’ve just stepped on!” the girl shouted at his face.

“You are crying over a pack of Oreo?”

“Isn’t it obvious, idiot!”

 Hongbin can’t believe this. A girl, or more likely a lady is crying over a pack of Oreo?! Has the world gotten mad?

“Look. I’m sorry but you called me an idiot for stepping on your Oreo? Sure, I wasn’t really looking but to cry over your crushed pack of Oreo? Are you ing serious?”

“Listen to me, you piece of ! What you stepped on isn’t just an ordinary pack of Oreo! It’s so special to me that it could be much valuable than a moron like you!”

He was called an idiot, then a piece of and now a moron. Hongbin can’t seriously handle this anymore. But he will consider the fact that she’s talking to a girl and there are other people who are still looking at them right now so he will try to be calm as possible.

“If we are going to really think about it, it was your fault why your precious Oreo was stepped on by me. Why is the Oreo on the ground in the first place? Because it fell. And who made it fell on the ground? You. So clearly, it was your entire fault.”

The girl didn’t speak, instead she just wiped her tears. Hongbin found it cute but that should not be his concern right now.

“Hey hyung! What’s going on here?! Why are you making her cry?” Hyuk showed up after being late for 30 minutes. Hongbin wants to grab his neck and choke him to death because if it wasn’t for him, he won’t be waiting for so long and he won’t meet the girl who put her in this embarrassing situation but he restrained himself from doing so because it’s Hyuk’s birthday and it will look really horrible.

“Hyukkie!” the girl went to Hyuk’s side and grabbed his left arm. “This man ruined the gift you gave.” She said as she pointed on Hongbin.

Hongbin was completely surprised. How come Hyuk knows the girl and he doesn’t?

“You mean the Oreo? Did he eat it?”

“He stepped on it and crushed it mercilessly.”

“Hey! It was unintentional! Wait, how come you know this girl, Hyuk? Is she your girlfriend?” Hongbin asked as he is so confused with everything that’s happening right now.

“Of course not!”

“Then who is she? She had completely ruined my life for the past 15 minutes.”

“Ok, both of you keep calm and listen to me.” Hyuk said to the both of them.

“My lovely cousin, I want you to meet my very trusted friend and hyung, Lee Hongbin.”

“Wait, what’s his name?” she clarifies as she thinks she heard that name before.

“Lee Hongbin.”

She remained silent for a moment then she asked again. “Please repeat again.”

“It’s LEE HONG BIN.” Hongbin answered. “Are you deaf or something?”

Her eyes widen, can’t believe on what she heard. She looked at Hongbin, studying each feature of the man’s face. Then she gasped and hid behind Hyuk’s back.

“Save me from him.” She whispered to Hyuk, trembling.

“Yah! Hyung! What did you do to my cousin aside from crushing her Oreo?”

“I-I didn’t do anything to her. I don’t even know who she is!” Hongbin defensively answered.

The girl finally stepped out, walked in front of Hongbin and bowed formally at him. Hongbin was confused and started to panic once again.

“I’m so sorry, Hongbin sunbaenim. I wasn’t thinking properly. Please forgive me.” And she started sobbing again.

Hongbin is getting a little bit scared. He doesn’t have a single idea why from being a furious, the girl suddenly said sorry to him when he did nothing. She suddenly got scared when she knew that his name is Lee Hongbin and said sorry afterwards. What’s wrong with his name? Is it scary? Does the girl know him? He’s clueless. And Hyuk is totally stunned by his cousin’s actions. He can’t remember anything that would make her cousin know Hongbin.

 “Wait. I seriously can’t get whatever just happened.” Hyuk said as he grabbed his cousin by his side. “Why did you suddenly bowed in front of Hongbin hyung?”

“Because I was wrong.”

“No. More than that.”

“I shouldn’t act that way towards Hongbin sunbaenim. I was completely wrong. I don’t think I would have a proper college life now.”

“What does you college life have to do with me?” Hongbin asked.

“Once your fans know that I said harsh words on you and embarrassed you, they would make my life a living hell. “

“I have fans?”

“You don’t know? That’s impossible! Your fan base is quite big. Hyukkie has a fan base too. But he’s more popular to the noonas.”

Both Hongbin and Hyuk were speechless. That’s so high school.

“So going back, I’m really sorry Lee Hongbin sunbaenim. Please don’t let your fan girls know about this. Please.”

“I don’t even know them, don’t worry.”

“And about my Oreo, Hyukkie could just buy another one for me. Right, Hyukkie?”

She’s really cute. Hongbin thought about it as she looks at her while talking to Hyuk. All of the weirdness, shock and panic were gone as she flashed a warm smile. The small incident wasn’t a big deal to him anymore.

“Umm, hyung, just go to the house later. My mom misses you so much as well as my dad. They want to hang out with you more than they want to talk to me. You see, noona won’t let me go.”

“Yah! I told you not to call me noona!”

“Whatever, see you later hyung!” Hyuk and his cousin started to walk away but Hongbin called them back.

“Wait, before you leave I want to know your name.” Hongbin said to Hyuk’s cousin.

“It’s Naeun. Son Naeun.”

“Okay, we really need to leave. You class will start in 10 minutes. Let’s go. Bye, hyung.” Hyuk hurriedly bid goodbye.

Then Hongbin realized that he quite wasted his time waiting for nothing. But it’s ok. Even if it caused him a little trouble, he still glad that it happened but he actually don't know why.

Little did he know that Hongbin already met the girl that would change his life forever.