Mommy and Daddy

It Will Always Be You

 

 

“What should we call each other?” Hongbin asked out of the blue. Classes are over but Naeun didn’t want to back to the dorm yet so Hongbin decided that he will just accompany her.

 

“What do you necessarily mean?” Naeun continued highlighting important notes that she will need for her term paper.

 

“Baby, babe, sweetheart. Something like that.”

 

Naeun looked at Hongbin with a face full of disgust as if he said something really gross.

 

“Or maybe cutie pie or honey bunch? What do you think?”

 

“I can’t believe you are talking about those things to me as if they are just part of an everyday conversation.” Naeun just kept her disgusted face.

 

“Why? There’s nothing wrong with it.”

 

“You’re impossible.”

 

“Why? What’s wrong? We are just thinking what we would call each other. Something exclusive just for the two of us.”

 

“Ok. First, you are the only one who is thinking about those horrible terms of endearment or whatever you call them. Second, we don’t need them. I’m already contented calling you Hongbin and you are very much welcome to call me Naeun. And if you are thinking about me calling you ‘Oppa’, sorry but I wouldn’t. I’m not being rude but I would be able live peacefully if I won’t call you Oppa.”

 

Hongbin frowned, like a child that wasn’t able to have his request granted. “I’m just thinking that it would be cute. And calling each other with just our names is really boring.”

 

Naeun sighed. She can’t believe that someone as manly looking as Hongbin has a thing for ‘cute call signs’ and stuff. But she is sure that he really looks cute as of this moment. She badly wants to pinch the cheeks of the sulking Hongbin in front of her.

 

“You see, baby, babe and sweetheart are too cheesy while cutie pie and honey bunch are too corny and it makes me feel like an old lady. And do you really think that it’s still important? Aren’t our names umm… cute enough?”

 

Hongbin didn’t respond and still keeping his pouting face. Naeun’s phone rang and she picked it up.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Noona. You and Hongbin hyung needs to go to the Disciplinary Office right now. This is about the broken glass window. That incident with Minah-ssi.”

 

“Is she there?”

 

“Negative.”

 

“We’ll be there in a short while.” And Naeun hung up and turned to Hongbin.

 

“Stop sulking there, Hongbin. We are being called by the Disciplinary.”

 

 

Minutes later, Naeun and Hongbin reached the Disciplinary Office. Hyuk was just waiting outside for he isn’t allowed to hear what the Disciplinary has to say. He doesn’t have to be punished anyway.

 

The two seated at the seats at the Disciplinary desk. The disciplinarian has this stern face, as if she will eat up any person at anytime. She’s mean and strict. She’s dubbed as Cruella de Vil’s long lost sister.

 

Both of them just swallowed, waiting for the disciplinarian to start up the conversation. Naeun tried to be calm even if inside she knows that she’s starting to go insane. As for Hongbin, fear is evident in his eyes and decided not to look straight at the disciplinarian.

 

But to their surprise, she smiled.

 

“It’s lovely to see such gorgeous pair enter this office of mine. I’m starting to think twice about the punishment that I’m supposed to give to you.”

 

“May we know what punishment is that, Miss?” Naeun bravely spoke up and asked even if she started to feel weird about the smile plastered on the disciplinarian’s face.

 

“The two of you are supposed to clean the washrooms your respected buildings for a week. But I changed my mind. Instead, I will send you to an orphanage that the university is sponsoring and you will volunteer there for the coming weekend.

 

Both Naeun and Hongbin agreed that it’s better than cleaning the washrooms.

 

 

***

 

“Once, there was a princess living in a far away land. She is beautiful and intelligent but the people love her for her incredible kindness.”

“She is just like you, unni?”

Naeun just smiled, feeling flattered with what the little girl said. The other children agreed, making her smile wider.

It’s the second and last day of Hongbin and Naeun’s volunteer work in the orphanage. The first day is more on cleaning the facilities and cooking for the kids. Of course they also had the chance to know and bond with the kids. Both of them were happy but Hongbin can’t hide the uncomfortable feeling with the kids. It’s not that he hates kids, in fact he find them cute and charming. He is uncomfortable because he feels that children are so vulnerable that even his single touch might break them.

 

Right now, as they try to send the kids to sleep, Naeun decided to do a little story-telling. Good thing the children are responsive enough.

 

“Does the princess have a prince too?” a little girl asked.

 

“Of course she has. And it’s a noble one. He is a prince who is an heir to a big kingdom and possesses all the qualities of a good prince. He is handsome, smart and wise and loves all the people of the kingdom.” Naeun answered the little girl.

 

“So is he your prince?” the little girl pointed at Hongbin who was quietly standing in a corner.

 

Hongbin and Naeun were about to answer when one of the orphanage staff cut them off and started to force the children to go to sleep.

 

“But noona’s story isn’t finished yet.” One kid protested.

 

“The ending would be the prince and the princess will get married, be a king and a queen and have lots and lots of cute princes and princesses just like all of you.”

 

“So we are the princes and princesses?” one kid asked.

 

“It means that Naeun unni and Hongbin oppa are our mommy and daddy?”

 

“Then we should give them a kiss before we go to sleep.”

 

And so the kids go to Hongbin and Naeun and gave them each a kiss on the cheek. Both of them were surprised but it was overwhelming too. After all the kids have given their kiss to the two, they went to bed, fast asleep.

 

“I’m sorry if I had to do that. They really need to sleep at this hour.” The staff talked to them after the kids had been sent to sleep. The three of them are spending their snacks at the kitchen while talking about the kids and the whole volunteering experience.

 

“We understand. We are also trying to get them to go to sleep before you came.” Naeun replied.

 

“I hope it was ok with you if you that you were called mommy and daddy by the kids. They are orphans so they badly look for a parent figure. And it was nice to see that the kids are really comfortable with the two of you. They really like you so much.”

 

“It’s nice to know that they like us. Thank you very much. Being able to volunteer is such a wonderful experience.” Hongbin smiled at the thought of the cute little kids.

 

***

 

It’s already past six when they decided to leave. But before they went straight back to the dorm, the two decided to eat dinner first.

 

“I already know what we should call each other.” Hongbin said which made Naeun look at him again with a disgusted face.

 

“I thought we already dropped that.” And Naeun took a spoonful of rice and noodles.

 

“Mommy and Daddy. That’s what we should call each other.”

 

And it made Naeun choke on her food. Hongbin offered her water which she accepted and immediately drink. When she recovered, she flicked Hongbin on the forehead.

 

“You almost killed me with your ridiculousness.’ Mommy and Daddy’ is way too creepy.”

 

“It’s not! I really think it’s cute. I had it from what the kids in the orphanage called us.”

 

“Lee Hongbin, quit it.”

 

“No. From now on, I will call you ‘mommy’ and you will call me ‘daddy’. That’s final.”

 

“What if I don’t want to?”

 

“I will kiss you.”

 

Naeun shot him with a death glare.

 

“That won’t work on me. I’m really serious with the ‘mommy and daddy’ thing.”

 

“Whatever. I’m sure you will forget about it tomorrow.”

 

“I won’t mommy. I promise.”

 

“That’s gross, Hongbin.”

 

Then Hongbin kissed her on the cheeks.


 

The ending was kinda off because I'm getting sleepy already. I'm really sorry. :(

 

And I noticed that there have been so many typos. I will edit it if I have spare time. Or maybe when the story is already completed. :)

 

Thank u to all the subbies and comments! Especially to BlueMato and Beautifulmagirl! I love you guys!

 

Ang Hongbin serioulsy drove me crazy last night! Ugh! Who can resist this peice of gorgeousness? ^0^

 

 

 

(cr: fyeah-vixx)

 

I'm so excited for his drama! Best of luck to our Kong!~~ <3

 

Ciao for now!

 

lovelots,

matoki_angel