Mr. Pretender

It Will Always Be You

Naeun walked out, going to school when she saw a familiar person, leaning against the wall of her house.

 

“Good morning Naeun.” He then flashed his smile, showing his cute dimples.

“What are you doing here, Hongbin?” Naeun asked, surprised by Hongbin’s appearance at this early hour.

“We’ll go to school together.”

“Why?”

“Because you are my girlfriend and it’s my duty as your boyfriend to accompany you and make sure that you’re safe.”

“You don’t need to go this far. I’m sure that Minah is not around.”

“But I want to do this. So just let me, please?” Then he  looked at Naeun with his cute pleading eyes with a match of pouting lips. He’s way too cute and Naeun is sure that she can’t resist the puppy-like guy in front of her. And yeah, he left her with no choice but to agree.

“Yehey! Let’s go. We might get late.” Naeun swear that Hongbin looks like a child who was given a lollipop but what surprised her is when he held her hand and started walking.

“Is holding my hand necessary?”

“So that you won’t go away.” And he winked.

It confused Naeun for a second but she just decided to shrug it off. Maybe Hongbin is just joking around.

 

 

They arrived at the university with their hands still intertwined with each other. It didn’t bother Naeun anymore since they need to do it for the sake of looking real in front of others. They just walked, without talking to each other until they reached the Tourism building. Once again, they managed to gain the stares of others unintentionally.

“Do you have a copy of your schedule?” Hongbin asked and Naeun nodded. He asked for it and she gave it to him without any idea what he will do with it. Then he get his phone and took a picture of it and gave back the schedule to her.

“So that I’ll know when I can be with you.” Hongbin said as he observed confusion in Naeun’s eyes.

Naeun didn’t mind it and bid goodbye to Hongbin.

“You’re forgetting something.”

Naeun stopped and turn around to see a grinning Hongbin. He took a step closer and planted a kiss on her cheek. She was surprised for the second time today because of the same person.

“Take care, ok? See you later.” Hongbin whispered by her ear. He then bid his goodbye and left Naeun dumbfounded.

Ok. What was that for?

 

 

Hongbin checked on the photo of Naeun’s schedule in his phone when Hyuk saw him and decided to ask about him and Naeun.

“What’s that Hongbin hyung?”

“Naeun’s schedule.” He said while smiling and Hyuk was trying to find out the meaning of his hyung’s meaningful smile.

“Don’t tell me you’ll spend your vacant time with noona.” Hongbin nodded and Hyuk face palmed.

“Woah hyung! You’re really taking this seriously, huh?”

“Spending a three-hour break alone is really boring. And I have the same schedule with Naeun. This is really fate.”

“Hyung, are you in love with my noona?” Hyuk seriously asked but Hongbin just chuckled and ruffled Hyuk’s hair as he stood up from his seat. “I’m going now. See you later.” is the answer that Hyuk got. His hyung is seriously making him confused. He didn’t even answer his question and he seems excited to see Naeun. Hongbin’s actions are bothering him a lot.

But he really hated that Hongbin ruffled his hair. He’s not a child anymore for goodness’ sake.

 

 

Hongbin happily walked to the Tourism building. He knows that Naeun and Hyuk are puzzled with his actions but he believes that no one should be bothered with him. He’s perfectly fine and he just wants to enjoy what him and Naeun is having as of this moment.

He wants to feel as if it’s real, so his actions will seem real, if it's not.

He texted Naeun that he’s waiting outside, in which he received an ‘OK’ as a reply.

Five minutes passed and Naeun got out of the building and Hongbin welcomed her with a hug. She didn’t hug him back but Hongbin didn’t make a big deal about it. He knows that she is still uncomfortable with all the stuff he’s pulling off.

“Why did you want to see me?” Naeun started off, ignoring the awkward feeling after the hug.

“We’ll have lunch.”

“Don’t you have classes?”

“I have the same schedule as yours. I have three hours to spend just with you.” Hongbin flashed his smile once more. Naeun assumed that he’s happy since he has been smiling since earlier.

“And you’re happy about that?”

“Yes, of course.”

“I’m really a boring person, you know?”

“It’s fine, as long as I could be with you.”

“What’s with the cheesiness and stuff?”

“Let’s just eat. I’m really hungry.” And Hongbin dragged her somewhere, ignoring her question.

 

After lunch, Hongbin and Naeun went to the mall nearest to the university. Actually, Naeun wanted to go back early to the Tourism building but Hongbin insisted that she should spend quality time with her “boyfriend”. It’s not that she doesn’t want to be with him. It’s just that she found everything about him weird today. From the start of this day up until now, he acts like he is her real boyfriend even it’s unnecessary and no one is around to suspect them that they aren’t real. Naeun still don’t know much about Hongbin so maybe this is the way she treat any girl that he’s with. But wouldn’t it look that he’s a flirt if he’s like that? Naeun wants an answer to her questions but she’s sure that Hongbin will just avoid them.

And yeah, she just realized that she hasn’t know anything about him and she’s certain that he doesn’t know anything about her too. If they would really continue pretending, they should at least know each other, right? Maybe some other time but not now.

They only have an hour left.

They have gone through almost every shop in the whole mall, buying stuffs that are all for couples-- Couple shirt, couple hats, couple phone charms, and couple bracelets. And with every store they go to, they will be always told that they look good together and it’s a match made in heaven since they are both good looking and they look so sweet to each other. Hongbin will just smile at them and say thanks. But they walked pass a shop there that offers fortune telling services and things concerning astrology and the supernatural. The lady caught their attention saying “I felt a different force from the two of you. My senses are telling me something about your future.” Interested, both of them entered the shop, with the curiosity of maybe finding out what the future holds for them. They spend fifteen minutes, free of any charge. The fortune teller said that she felt really nice seeing their future so she just made her service for free.

 

“She really said nice things about us. I’m just a little bothered if it’s true because she should have known that we aren’t a true couple.” Naeun was a little doubtful about the fortune teller but she still continued to nibble on her ice cream. After the fortune telling, they decided to first buy an ice cream before heading back to the university.

“I think she knew. Because she said that we are keeping something, but we should not worry because soon, we don’t need to hide it anymore.” Hongbin responded he wiped the ice cream at the side of her lips. Naeun looked at Hongbin but he just smiled at her.

“She also said that we will be separated for a while but I would always be with you. Do you think we would really be separated from each other?” he looked at her as he was amused with Naeun enjoying her Cookies and Cream flavored ice cream. He can’t help but admire her natural cuteness.

“We’re not even together.”

Hongbin stopped walking for a moment which Naeun got confused to when she suddenly realized that she said something that should not be said.

“I’m sorry.” Naeun doesn’t know what else.

“It’s ok. You’re right anyways. Let’s keep going, we might be late.” Hongbin let out a weak smile.

She can’t understand how Hongbin still manage to show a smile even if he’s hurt. How can he fake everything and pretend that it was alright? That it was real? But she just kept shut the whole time, afraid that she might say another thing that would break the mask of her forever smiling boyfriend.


 

 

Ok. I'm so sorry if this chapter really . I'm kind of having a writer's block. I'm really really sorry. TT.TT

I'll try to make it up on the next chapters.

To all the new subbies, thank you guys!~

Enjoy!~

 

lovelots!~

-matoki_angel