Official and Real

It Will Always Be You

“Let’s go out tomorrow.”

 Naeun looked at Hongbin. They are walking side by side, heading back to the dorm. Naeun’s holding the bouquet of flowers that Hongbin gave a while ago.

“Hongbin.”

“Yes?”

“Tomorrow is Tuesday. We have classes.”

 Hongbin smiled sheepishly, feeling embarrassed. But then he noticed something. “You just called me ‘Hongbin’.”

Sudden realization hit Naeun and just let out a chuckle.  “Yeah, I just did. I should accept my punishment, right?”

“Yep. You really should. But things are different now.”

Naeun’s eyebrow rose. “What’s that suppose to mean?”

“So instead of cheeks, it should now be…” then Hongbin pursed his lips, making Naeun confused.

“It should now be what?”

Then Hongbin pursed his lips once again.

“Why are you doing that?”

Hongbin sighed, feeling defeated that Naeun didn’t got his message. So he just leaned forward to Naeun and gave her a peck on the lips.

It was just a short, simple kiss but Naeun felt like she froze. It’s like her feet were pinned hardly into the ground and she just can’t really move. She can feel her hands getting cold but she’s sure that her cheeks are blushing.

Hongbin just smiled at him and continued walking afterwards while Naeun was left speechless but she tried to composed herself and catch up with Hongbin.

“Yah! Yo-you can’t just simply do that, you know?” But Hongbin just ignored her while keeping the smile on his lips.

“Yah! I’m talking to you, Lee Hongbin!”

Hongbin stopped on his tracks and faced Naeun. He looked at her, straight into her eyes. He stepped forward to be a little closer to Naeun.  Naeun on the other hand just looked at Hongbin as well, feeling lost in his eyes. She forgot her little protest a while ago and she didn’t even flinch or anything when Hongbin held her cheeks with his soft hands.

 “Mommy, what did I told you about calling me with just ‘Hongbin’?”

 Naeun responded with a little smile on her lips. Then Hongbin got closer and closer then finally removed the distance between him and Naeun with another kiss on the lips. But this time, it’s not just a peck on the lips. It’s a lot longer and deeper, a kiss channeling whatever they feel for each that very moment. A kiss in which Naeun kissed back.

And that is how they made everything official and real.

 ***

“YOU KISSED!?”

Hongbin just smiled widely.

“YOU REALLY KISSED!?”

No response.  Still keeping the wide smile.

 Hyuk knew that something wonderfully amazing happened to his hyung when he came inside their dorm with a smile that could almost rip out his lips. He swears that his hyung is looking like a complete idiot and he doesn’t know if there’s anything he could do to stop it.

“Did she kiss you back?”

This time, Hongbin giggled.

“Ew.”

Hongbin’s wide smile was erased as he glared at Hyuk.

“Hyung, you two were making out on the streets. That’s disgusting.”

Hongbin then get up from his seat and smacked Hyuk at the back of his head.

“AW! Hyung, that hurts!”

“It’s not like that, ok? And you’re only saying that because you don’t have anyone to share a kiss with.”

Now it’s Hyuk who glared at his hyung.

“Someday, Sanghyuk. You will have your first real kiss and I’ll make sure that I’ll be there to capture that glorious moment.” Hongbin mocked.

“Hey! We’re talking about you here. Not me.”

“Any encouraging words or advices?”

 Hyuk sighed. “Actually, I’m happy that Naeun noona got a boyfriend already. My days of buying her Oreos are finally over. Noona’s not a very difficult woman, I guess. I just don’t know what auntie will say about this.”

“Well, I’m really looking forward to meeting her mom.”

Hyuk looked at him intently. “Are you sure about that?”

 Hongbin raised hi eyebrow. “Why? Is there something I need to be ready aside from my whole self?”

“Prepare your whole digestive system.”

Hongbin got confused. “What’s that supposed to mean.”

“You’ll know when Naeun noona brought you to their house.”

***

“Okay, Son Naeun, what’s the next thing that you should do?”

Naeun has been staring at herself at the mirror since she came back at his dorm room approximately two hours ago.  She had ruffled her hair and slapped and pinched her cheeks repeatedly but still she can’t help but replay the same scene in her head over and over again.

Did she and Hongbin just kissed?

Never did she imagine that her first real kiss would be with Hongbin and she just can’t really process that it’s Hongbin. It’s the great Lee Hongbin. The Hongbin that girls swoon over. The Hongbin that made Lee Hyeri cry. And it’s also the same Lee Hongbin that Bang MInah is chasing.

Speaking of Minah, she isn’t seeing that for days.

She wondered if Minah would entertain the idea of being the representative for Ms. Tourism or would Mr. Nam even consider her to be the next replacement because no matter what happens, she won’t be reconsidering her decision of quitting. Like, she didn’t really dream of being in a pageant like that. And besides, it doesn’t matter if others would think that she’s not enough for Hongbin.

She’ll give her very best to Hongbin, and Hongbin only.

Naeun wonders what will happen tomorrow and for the next days of her life knowing that Hongbin’s there already. And now, nothing’s fake. It’s all real. No pretending and this time, she got a real protector.

But she knows there are a lot of things that she doesn’t know about Hongbin. And there are also things that he doesn’t know about her. Those are secrets that no one knows, things that she never told anyone before.

Will she be able to tell it Hongbin or will she keep it as a secret to him too?

She does not know. What she just knows right now is that tomorrow, she has a person that will be by her side.

 


 

And there it is!

I’m sorry I took too long to update. Blame it to the writer's block. 

 

Read.Subscribe.Comment.Upvote.ENJOY~

 

lovelots,

matoki_angel

 

ps. VIXX is coming to my country on May 2 and I'll not be able to see them. I'M CRYING TT.TT