Prologue

It Will Always Be You

Today is Hongbin’s first day of his last year in college. And just like the previous years, almost everyone will watch him with awe as he walk down the corridors of their campus. Seems like high school? Well, kind of. Ask every person in the whole university if they know Lee Hongbin and they will answer yes, 100%.

He is popular, that’s a fact. But he never boasted about how great he is. He is not the typical arrogant guy who thinks that he could get and do whatever he wants.  Almost every day, everyone screams at his face how great he is but he is still gets awkward with it.

Anyone would be captivated with his smile together his dimples showing, you will just simply fall in love with him, without realizing it.

Any girl will sure be lucky to have him as her man. But when Hongbin found his girl, he felt luckier. She became that missing puzzle to his heart and the joy to his life. He never felt happier.

Not until that time came.

 He still loves her. And he is willing to give up everything just to be with her again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re mind is setting off to space again. Why can’t I talk to you properly?” Hyuk irritatingly get Hongbin’s attention as they wait for their next professor to come. Han Sang Hyuk, or better known as Hyuk by everyone, is Hongbin’s block mate and best friend. He is 2 years younger than Hongbin but because of his incredible intelligence, much higher that Hongbin’s, he is accelerated when he was in high school.

Hongbin got back to his senses but he just ignored Hyuk. He knew the younger guy would just talk about gaming and he is not interested about those things right now.

“If you are ignoring me because you don’t want to hear about my amazing gaming stories, don’t worry, I won’t talk about that right now. I have some interesting news to share to you.” Hyuk said, trying to gain Hongbin’s interest.

“I heard that there will be an irregular student who will join our class today.”

“So, what’s so interesting about that?”

“She’s a very beautiful girl and she rejects any guy who confesses to her.”

“Han Sanghyuk, when did you become interested on gossips?”

“Hey! That’s not a gossip! It’s true, ok? I’m not like a girl who spread false crap on people. I’m too manly to do that.”

“Whatever. Just stick with your gaming stuff. You’re a lot cooler with that. And don’t bother me. Stay away.”

Hongbin has been always kind to almost everyone especially on his best friend. Ask him anything and he will try hard to answer it. Tell him anything and he is ready to listen. So it’s really new to Hyuk that he is kind of pushing him away. Hongbin is being harsh and he knows that. But even if he entertained Hyuk a little, he can’t deny that he wants to be alone.

“You’re never like this, hyung. Never in my life had you ditched me like that.”

“What are trying to prove?”

“How long are you going to be like this? Don’t tell me that you haven’t moved on because hyung, it’s been 2 years since it happened.”

“You don’t understand, Hyuk.”

“I know that I really won’t understand. What I’m trying to say here is for you to stop pushing people away from you. I know you’re hurt and you need time but you have wasted your time too much, hyung. You can’t get away with life even if the person that kept you alive is already gone because in the end it’s your life and no one will ever matter but you, and only you.”

Hongbin was speechless. Because he was surprised that Hyuk, at his age without any experience on love and life can say things like those but most especially because he knows that it’s the truth.