Six

The End Where I Begin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The fact that Jin chose to sit with Sunhee pissed her off that day. The boy innocently landed his on the empty seat—which had always been empty—beside her. His sudden appearance made her shot a straight face at him. He raised his eyebrow as he shrugged when he noticed her unpleasant expression.

Sunhee clicked her tongue. She grabbed her bag and got up to move to another seat since it’s just the two of them in the class, but Jin was faster to grab her arm, stopping her from walking away.

“Where are you going?” he coldly asked.

“Anywhere far from you,” she scoffed. She pulled her arm and moved to another seat for real. Since Jin was taking her place, she decided to take his usual place as well.

“That’s for Namjoon,” he half shouted from across the room.

“Then I’m just gonna sit here with him,” she simply replied. She was already busy with her phone, not bothering to glance at Jin.

“But he’ll sit with Hoseok today,” told him with a slight proud in his voice that he won over her.

Sunhee stayed silent for a moment. If she kept doing so, she was just giving herself up and letting him win. “Whatever. There’ll always be an empty seat in this class though. I always can sit alone,” she argued. By that, Jin didn’t talk more to her.

The other students started coming one by one. Sunhee was preparing her books when she realized she had forgotten to take her notes from her locker. Puffing her cheek, she walked out the class, back to her locker down the corridor.

A smile grew on her face to see Jimin whom just came. His sleepy eyes and wobbly steps made a good combination to make her laugh.

“Ya, wake up, kid.” Sunhee poked him who didn’t notice her presence nearby.

His eyes opened completely as he saw her. “Woah! Good morning, Noona!” he awkwardly scratched the back of his head, smiling shyly.

She laughed at his face which turned redden. “Don’t overwork yourself. It’s just early in the morning and you look tired already,” told her while tapping his shoulder.

The grin hadn’t yet disappeared from his face. “I’m a hard worker, Noona. Then what else should I do than not to work hard?” he chuckled.

The sound of the ringing bell cut their talk. “Haish! I haven’t taken my book because of you!” she jokingly slapped his upper arm. “Talk to you later!” she waved at him and ran down the corridor.

Jimin stood still at his place, still stunned by the contact he made with Sunhee. Happy, he couldn’t stop smiling stupidly nor to move his sight away from her figure from afar.

“Don’t be too happy. She’s not dating a younger guy,” Taehyung laughed behind him.

Jimin’s smile vanished right away. “She knows about it already?” he questioned.

Taehyung nodded. “She likes you too. Despite it all, she laughed hard when I told her that you like her though.”

“Haish! She was just teasing me just now! No wonder she’s smiling all the time at me,” Jimin muttered.

“She said she’d rather to have you as her brother than me.”

“Well, being brotherzoned is way better than being friendzoned I think.” The two then laughed along on their way to class.

Meanwhile, Sunhee was rushing back to class. She could hear some of the girls gossiping about her, again. She didn’t want to budge, but turned out the reason was different that day. It was Jin sitting on his usual chair, at the table where Sunhee moved to earlier.

Sunhee stomped towards him to complain, but just then it’s chaotic behind her back. The teacher came, causing all the commotion of students rushing to their seats. Sunhee sighed at her zero chance to move her stuffs nor to kick Jin out.

Sunhee caught a pleased smile on Jin’s face when she sat down on her seat. She tried to act normal and pretend that she was alone all along. The other girls couldn’t stop stealing glances at her, or more likely glares.

Hoseok and Namjoon sat together at her usual spot she left, thanks to Seokjin. Namjoon smirked at her when their gazes met, while Hoseok waved brightly with a wide grin on his face. It’s only her who noticed those two since Jin was staring blankly at the board. She forced a smile at the two boys.

The first half of the school day went smooth, which was amazing to her. Jin didn’t bother her much. He was silently sitting still although he’s not paying much attention at the lesson. Although Sunhee totally ignored him during the lessons, she—who wasn’t used to have a chairmate—couldn’t help to lose her focus and kept stealing glances at Jin.

Namjoon and Hoseok got up from their seats right away when the recess time had come. “Jin hyung! Let’s go!” Hoseok shouted as the two walked out the room. Jin nodded to reply and got up to walk out as well, coolly without taking a look at Sunhee.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter