The End Where I Begin

The End Where I Begin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was twilight when Sunhee awoke. The gloaming dusk light shone into the place she was in, giving an eerie feeling of the dimmed surroundings. She was sitting on the cold floor with her back leaning onto the mildewed wall. She had a look at herself to realize that she was still in her uniform. Glancing around, somehow she felt familiar with where she’s at. She tried to remember what had happened, but the more she tried, the more she couldn’t figure out anything.

She slowly got up from her place. Noticing the existence of a door at the corner of the room, she walked towards it, walking out the room she’s at which turned out to be one of the abandoned class in her school. The door squeaked when she opened it, breaking the silence covering the area.

The thought of she was being all alone there was wrong. There was a figure standing by the window. He was looking outside with his hands casually shoved into his pockets before the noise she made caused him to turn around on his heels.

Sunhee put her hand to make a shade since she couldn’t see the person clearly from the twilight behind his back. She squinted, trying herself to focus. “Yoongi?” she carefully guessed.

He walked closer to give her a better view of himself. “Who else do you expect?” he smiled.

Sunhee couldn’t help to smile back at him. “Just in case you left me.” She shrugged.

“Like I would ever leave you,” he lightly chuckled. Hadn’t yet stopped smiling, he her cheek gently using his thumb before gave her a peck on the lips.

Sunhee peeked behind his shoulder, realizing the sun which had almost set. “Woah, it’s really late already. I think I should go home now,” she said. “You’re so mean not to wake me up from my nap!”

Yoongi’s smile faded right away as his face darkened. “Sunhee-ya,” he hesitantly started. The girl looked up to him with a confused look. “You don’t need to go home anymore.”

“What?” Sunhee scoffed. “What are you talking about? Of course I need to go home! They would scold me hard if I didn’t go home!” she argued, not yet realizing the situation.

“No, they wouldn’t. You don’t need to go home. You can’t,” he replied.

Sunhee mockingly laughed, “Really, Yoongi. What’s wrong with you? I have to go home, we have to.”

“Listen to me, Sunhee-ya. We cannot go home,” he emphasized. “We’re home already.”

“Min Yoongi, what have got into you, for real? You’re talking nonsense,” she hissed, slowly getting annoyed from his insistence.

Yoongi sighed, “You have no idea about everything. You’re not what you used to be anymore. You’re different now.”

“Did you just accuse me that I changed? Did you just say that I’m not the old Sunhee you used to know?” she rhetorically asked. “Oh please, Yoongi. I’m still the old me. I never change. I’m still the same person you used to know. Really, why does this talk getting more absurd?”

“Sunhee-ya.” He stared deeply into her eyes. “Do you remember our last talk? The last thing happened between us?”

Sunhee frowned at his question, but still trying to remember any littlest thing she could. “What was it? What did we do?” she asked back since she couldn’t recall any memories.

“I’m sorry,” he trailed off.

“What are you being sorry at?” Sunhee lifted his chin to face her instead of looking down on his feet. “I don’t feel anything’s wrong between us. There’s nothing you should be sorry at.”

“You haven’t got the situation, Sunhee. I…” he looked away from her as he choked. “You’re not what you were anymore. You’re not the old you. You’re not the human Sunhee anymore,” he spluttered.

Sunhee was agape from his words. She couldn’t do anything than staring at him, demanding for further explanation. “Try to remember anything about us. Try to remember anything about me,” he emphasized.

Sunhee looked away from him as she started thinking hard. The memories slowly flashing one by one disorganized, confusing her with the sequence. Her eyes widened when she tried to connect her memories with his previous words during their talk that time. “Y-you’re…”

“Dead,” he completed the sentence for her. “But it’s not only me.”

“Me too,” she sighed. “Is that what you’ve been wanted to say all along?”

Yoongi weakly nodded at her. “That’s why you don’t need to go home. It’s because you can’t. You’re home already. You’re home with me. This is our new home.”

Sunhee got a grip on him as she almost fell on the floor. He hugged her, leading her to sit down instead. She spent the rest half an hour staring blankly, drowned deep into her thoughts while hugging her knees. Yoongi who hadn’t yet felt that much guilty on her, was left speechless as he watched her.

“How could it happen?” she later asked in a whisper, still staring blankly forward.

Yoongi kept quiet for a moment. “I killed you,” he shortly answered.

She wanted to let out her anger on him, but she couldn’t, knowing that it couldn’t c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter