Seize

The End Where I Begin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With his pounding head, Taehyung dragged himself to Sunhee’s room after lunch to get her blanket. He hastily grabbed it since he couldn’t stand the cold anymore. A low thud could be heard when he pulled the blanket. He was about to walk back to his room right away, but he decided to scan the floor, searching for something which had fallen from her bed than having her scold him later.

It was nothing much than just an ordinary notebook. Cursing, he picked it up to move it onto her desk, but the thick blanket troubled him. Some sheets of her sketches scattered out of the book as he took it. His eyes caught the familiar portrait on the paper. His decision to get a better look of the picture caused him to slump down on the floor in a split second.

One of the sketches was a portrait of Min Yoongi. At first, he thought it was just his hallucination. But no matter how he convinced himself that it’s impossible, the truth already broke him faster. There’s no way for his guessing to be wrong since her handwriting had firmly stated his name below the picture, added by small loves around.

So... that girl I saw back then was noona? It was Sunhee noona he's hiding from me?

Taehyung stared at the sketch as he tried to put all the pieces together in his imaginary table of evidences. That’s why none of them want to tell me whom they’re dating. He continued recalling all of his talk with both Yoongi and Sunhee. But why would she date a lonely ghost?

Taehyung cursed when he succeeded arranging the puzzle. Yoongi must have tricked her. She has no idea about him. There’s no way for her willing to date a pathetic ghost like him. She won't. If she knew, she wouldn’t even tell me that she has a boyfriend since it would just make me drag her to the asylum right away.

Ignoring his pounding head and sore body, he dropped the things and ran to his bedroom to dial Sunhee’s number. He kept trying for times, but still all of his calls were left unanswered—which was weird since the school hours should have ended by that time. Stressed out, he decided to call Jimin instead.

“Where are you?” he questioned right away.

“School hall, Yoongi’s commemoration. You better go straightforward, the teachers are watching right now,” whispered Jimin since he picked the call up secretly during the meeting.

“What?!” he hurriedly glanced at the digital clock on his nightstand to finally realize that day was Yoongi's birthday—or to be more detailed, his death. “How long it's been started? Do you see noona?” he spluttered his questions.

“It just started 5 minutes ago probably. Wait, let me search for her,” told him. In just a split second, Taehyung noticed the silence behind Jimin suddenly turned into a commotion. “Okay. I finally spotted her. She just got up from her seat and ran away out in a sudden. I don’t know why, but it looks like she's crying. She knows Yoongi sunbae, eh?" he took the chance to talk longer to Taehyung.

Taehyung’s heart skipped a beat. “Can you run after her? Please?” his voice cracked.

“It’s impossible. The teachers were off guard when she managed to escape. Now we’re completely locked inside the hall. What’s going on?” Jimin started panicking as he felt the change on Taehyung.

“No just-“ he choked. “I’m gonna tell you later. I got to go.”

Taehyung put on his jeans and hoodie and left the house. He stopped a taxi, asking the driver to get as fast as he could to the school. Undoubtedly the matter couldn’t stop bothering his mind after since. While he was thinking further on the matter, Yoongi’s words suddenly resounded in his head. “I’m gonna make her mine forever.”

His eyes widened as he finally realized where the worst scene would lead to. Smothering his own mouth using his clenched fist, he unconsciously started crying silently. No way. I’m not gonna let you take her away from me. No way, Min Yoongi.

*******

Sunhee took a deep breath as she stepped on the last stair. Yoongi was there, standing at the opposite end of the corridor. He was there.

She walked closer towards him, just to have her heart crushed down to dust when she realized he was smiling at her all along, holding Suga in his hand.

“You know it now,” he casually said like there’s nothing wrong between them.

Sunhee’s knees went weak at his words which indirectly telling her that it’s all true about him. He’s dead. He had been dead since the first time they met. He’s dead.

“You know it why I don’t go to classes. You know it why we can’t have ordinary dates outside. You know it why I’m always here first than you,” he spoke again. “I’m trapped.”

Sunhee choked as she fell on her knees. Tears couldn’t stop flowing out from her eyes. The whole fact was just too much for her to handle although it finally answered all of her suspicions on his unusual requests before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter