Deux

The End Where I Begin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People didn’t hate nor dislike Yoongi. He was an easy going person, but he chose his own way to be a loner. Not because he disliked people, it’s because his business. His parents forced him to study, so that he could be anything his parents wanted. He loved his parents, he treasured them so much.

He chose his parents over his friends. He sacrificed himself not to mingle and play around just to fulfill his parents wish. It’s all started when he went into high school. His parents wanted him to be this or that, kept changing their wants and kept confusing Yoongi himself. He was then forced to be good at anything just to make sure that he could be anything his parents wanted in the end. He was forced to be perfect.

It tortured Yoongi’s playful side for years. He used to be that cheerful boy who loved to joke around, the class clown, the kind of boy who was loved by people around him even his teachers until middle school.

He was forced to be a person he’s not. To be the perfect Yoongi his parents expected. To be the perfect Yoongi who could be anything his parents wanted.

The last thing his parents wanted him to be was a pilot, which was a major joke to Yoongi himself. He’s actually smart, he could achieve it, but he wasn’t sure with his ability. Despite it all, his heart was placed in the opposite world. The world where he could work with fun, making people feel happy through his passion, through his skills. He wanted to be a rapper, or at least to work in the music industry.

What Yoongi didn’t understand was why he didn’t have guts to go against his parents till the end.

It wasn’t that he had never had any guts to do so, but he’s too tired to do it. He used to argue over his parents on the first days when it happened. He argued with blood and sweat. And it made nothing in the end. It’s all useless.

He didn’t have any will to keep going against his parents. He didn’t have enough strength.

He was 100% sure that his parents would just win over him no matter what. Besides, he’s the only child they had. There’s nobody else they could lean their hopes on. It’s for his best, they said. But he totally wasn’t agree with it. He’d rather live poor but he could do his passion, his love, than living high-classed for doing something he hated.

He was already getting used to his routines; classes, extra lessons, courses, and anything he could do to improve himself. The playful Min Yoongi had turned into the smart one. He tried to open his heart as wide as he could on anything his parents wanted him to do. He kept trying his best to push down his stress level. His mom, who was a doctor, had helped him much with any kinds of vitamins just to keep him up.

Anything had its peak. And he had reached his.

*******

“How’s life?” Taehyung asked from a distance as he walked closer to Yoongi who was sitting on the window’s sill.

Yoongi snorted at his visit. “Been a long time, Taehyung-ah. I thought you already forgot about me,” he quipped.

The first grader Kim Taehyung was the only friend - at least Yoongi considered a person he talked to as one - he had before he met Sunhee, although he’s not as close as how Sunhee was with him. They didn’t talk much, but he knew quite a lot about Yoongi. The students in their school didn’t give a damn about Yoongi. But he got to admit that he could easily be the school’s main topic for months if he wanted to, again.

“You haven’t found another place yet, eh? Still the same old east wing’s third floor.” Taehyung glanced around the dull surroundings, ignoring Yoongi’s words before. Although Taehyung was younger than Yoongi, he talked freely with him since the older wasn’t bothered either.

“Why should I move if I feel comfortable here? Moreover, being here all the time has brought me to meet a new friend,” he said calmly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter