Quinze

The End Where I Begin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunhee went to school alone that morning. The stupid Kim Taehyung got a fever since the night before for his carelessness to eat bingsoo as he ignored Sunhee’s warning. The bad start turned worse by getting home soaked head to toe from the storm, leading to a disaster. The absence of their parents that day forced him to call her in the midnight for help when his skin was burning hot but he couldn’t get up from his bed to cure himself. It wasn’t surprising for her to see him had to swallow his pride and words since it wasn’t the first time. She didn’t hate taking care of her stubborn yet lovely dongsaeng, but she hated having a dark circle around her eyes after.

She had no idea why she felt blue all of a sudden that day. She felt sad out of nowhere, but she forced herself to hide it when she went to meet Yoongi during the recess. There’s no way for her to let him down on his birthday.

With the most sincere faked smile she could make, she half skipped to him with a paper bag containing his gift box. “Happy birthday, Min Yoongi.” Her voice was slightly smothered by his flesh since she was burying her face onto the crook of his neck when she hugged him.

Yoongi just chuckled as he spun her around. “Glad you remember mine.” He kissed her lips.

“Well, I have something for you,” she said, handing the paper bag to him.

His face turned brighter. “You really bought me gifts? I was kidding yesterday! I didn’t mean to bother you really, but well, nonetheless I do like gifts.” He childishly grinned.

“Uh-huh.” Sunhee nodded. “I would still buy you gifts although if you didn’t ask me yesterday. It’s your special day.”

“Yeay gifts!” he clapped excitedly, as excited as a kid who’s going to an amusement park for the first time. He pulled Sunhee to sit down with him. “Can I open it now?”

“You go.” She smiled at him whom soon started unpacking the package. He was focusing himself on the gift that he didn’t continue talking.

“Woah!” he exclaimed when he took out the teddy bear from the box. “It’s really cute!” he hadn’t yet realized the box of bracelet it had been holding.

Sunhee giggled, “It looks like you, that’s why I bought it,” told her. “Look at it closer.”

Her words made him examining the bear closely. “Woah!” his demeanor couldn’t stop her from smiling at him. “This is really cool!” he hastily took the bracelet out from its box.

“See what I got here.” Sunhee smirked as she showed him her wrist which was wearing the same bracelet.

Yoongi grinned at her after succeeded in wearing the bracelet. “Really, this is cool!” the excitement he got kept him repeating the same expressions. “Thank you, Sunhee-ya!”

“Glad if you like the gifts. That’s all I got, sorry. I’m not good on choosing gifts, moreover I’m buying it for my boyfriend.” She bit her lip shyly.

“These are the best! Thank you.” He pulled her closer and kissed the top of her head. “Shouldn’t we name the bear? Think of any good one!”

“Uh…” she glanced between him and the bear. “How about… Suga?”

“Suga?”

Sunhee nodded vigorously at him. “It’s as white and as sweet as you.” She tried to sound sweet, but she couldn’t help to laugh hard at her cheesiness in the end. “Oh gross.”

“Meet Suga!” he shoved it to her. “The furry version of Min Yoongi,” he chuckled.

Sunhee took it and started pretending to talk with it. “Hi, little Suga. Please tell Yoongi I love him so much.”

Yoongi hugged her tight in a sudden, squeezing Suga between them which was being hugged by her. “I love you too, a lot." Without her knowing, his bright face slowly turned somber remembering what's coming soon. I love you, Lee Sunhee. I really do.

*******

The squeaking sound of the mic echoed through the speakers when the last class almost ended, causing the students to inch at the unpleasant sound transmitting into their ears. The principal cleared his throat, stupidly with the mic was still on. “Good afternoon, students. I’m calling all of you to gather at the school hall after school today. I repeat, all of you have to gather at the sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter