6. Our First Conflict

Timid Househusband

"My father said that he wanted us to celebrate new year in their house,"  Kwangsoo began the morning talk while they're still in the room. "Your office already off right? I would like to meet my mother, is it okay?"

Sora frowned, her eyes blinded by morning sunshine. "What time is it? aigo it's already noon. " she took Kwangsoo's hand which using watch. "Sometimes your habit were beneficial."

"Wear the watch while sleep? Hahaha I can't stop it because I tend to be disciplined if a matter of time." Kwangsoo replied then kissed her forehead slowly, "Good morning." 
 
Sora struggled in the blanket to hide her face which exposed by the rays of the Sun, "I dont want to wake uppp, holiday ibnida euaakkkkkkk ~ ~" she whines while get into her blanket, winter and holidays make her too lazy to move.
 
"Hajimaseyo .... lets get up and packing. " Kwangsoo lifting Sora's hair and tie it; his sign to wake Sora up. "Aigo why this face were greasy? irreona irreona." He rub Sora's face by hand as usual.
 
"Is here spa? You're treat me like a customers, tie my hair then cleans my face. What else would you do? Rubbing my back while bathing? Massage?" protest Sora, every morning she got preferential treatment like that and she still hasn't gotten used to it. 
 
"Hmm good idea." Kwangsoo said innocently, "In fact were haven't a bath toge ..."
 
"In your dream, utgijima." Sora cut Kwangsoo's word with blushing face, she's very sensitive to things like that, "Lets packing."
 
***
 
"Oh annyeonghaseo Sora - sshi~!!" Jaesuk greet them who had just arrived, " I didnt expect you to come so soon, how long you'll spend your holiday here? "
 
"Until the new year father in-law." Sora replied respectfully , "We bring some fruit to be eaten together."
 
"Oh gomapta Sora - sshi, aigo what a beautiful daugther in-law." Mother in-law come after keeping her stall, "The factory  near our house hasn't get the holiday yet so we are still busy, im sorry."
 
"Gwenchana omonim." Replied Sora with a sweet smile , "Maybe I can help sometimes?"
 
"Eiii dont do that, we 're on vacation so dont worry~" said Kwangsoo prohibiting
 
"Waeyo??? I also want to help~" Sora whined, boasting Jaesuk's home atmosphere. "Gwenchana omonim I can help out a little."
 
"Kwangsoo seems worry," said Jaesuk, "Did you already pregnant?"
 
Jaesuk's question make Sora and Kwangsoo paused and stared at each other for a moment, because there is no answer then Jaesuk commented . "Aigo what a fast progress my son, hahahaha you better listen to him Sora - sshi, pregnant women shouldnt work."
"It's not like that, it's just .... Sora works 5 days per week." Answer Kwangsoo in the end , "She's having a less vacation than everybody so I wanted her to use this vacation to .... Ugh!"
Sora elbowed Kwangsoo waist, "Gwenchanseubnida ahbunim, I'll follow mother in-law to stall so dont mind me," she said as she sped quickly toward the stalls that were located not far. Sora's face blushing remembered the words of Jaesuk that rang in her mind, "Why do topics like that come out of nowhere? Aigoooo it's embarassing~ "
"Everybody this is Kwangsoo's wife Ji Sora and Sora-sshi... this is my loyal customers." mother in-law introduces Sora to the employees who eat there, some employees were stunned by her appearance.
"So beautiful~" comment one of them and then covered his face with embarrassment because his friend , "Kwangsoo hyung was lucky, Sora - sshi definitely look smart at cook because her hands look like the hardworking ones."
"Really? then help me tomorrow morning okay." omonim response, making Sora stunned because she couldnt cook at all. she only could do ramyun, make a rice and boil a water .
"Aniida let me help mother." Kwangsoo come after Sora and greet his friends , "Yeoreobun annyeongggg~ it's been a while, you guys are healthy right?"
"Yessss.... congratulations on your wedding hyung, we missed you so much~" the employees said while tossing with Kwangsoo, "We miss you when you serve in this stall because hyung always give us discounts, its that right guys?"
"Neeee!" Another employee said eagerly , "By the way your wife have a sweet smile hyungnim, where did you know her? your'e so lucky, we're jealous of you~"
"Hahahaha I always lucky since im born," said Kwangsoo proud then instantly elbowed by Sora . "What happened? its okay dont be shy to them, just relax."
"Yes sister in-law dont worry about us!! replied the employees, make Sora happy because of the warmth of this place.
 
***
 
"Sora - sshi come here." Call Jaesuk from the kitchen, Sora get up earlier than Kwangsoo because she's not familiar with the cotton mattress at home. "Because tonight is New Year Eve and the our neighborhood always have a party, we were assigned to make kimbap. Usually we make a hot bar or ddeokkbeokki." Explain Jaesuk.
Sora nodded slowly, not knowing what to do. Still she cant make kimbap which is actually typical Korean snack, she swallowing hard staring anxiously at the ingredients that Jaesuk prepare.
"Has Sora awake? Is our mattress less comfortable here?" asked omonim came into the kitchen, " Kimbap huh? its easy anyway, you definitely can do this, dont you? "asked omonim which then replaces Jaesuk's duty to roll kimbap, Sora observe and participate to make kimbap based on what she saw .
"Emmm omonim," Sora pays attention at omonim who rolls  the kimbap perfectly , "Why doesnt this seaweed stick with the rice?"
"Ah it's because of too much rice. see the carrots and the cabbages, you put too much just one piece for every kimbap." Omonim rid the excess ingredient in Sora's kimbap , "Did you never make this?"
Sora silent when hear that statement, she try again and .... Again the rice to be rolled out was scattered
. "Why dont you stick? " Sora muttered so omonim wont hear it.
" Ji Sora you can't cook right? " Omonim suddenly stopped work and looked at Sora, making that yeoja shocked. "What do you do for a living ? What do you eat every day if you cant cook? Did you always buy food in the street?"
"A .... aniiyo," answer Sora short, then omonim continued to talk again with a firmer tone.
"Every yeoja should be able to cook, what will you give my son when he's hungry? That's an asset for all women, dont you have the desire to learn it? Aigo.... too busy at the office even you doesnt have time to learn cooking for your husband, haven't your mom taught you?"
" ..... Cho ..... choisonghabnida," Sora replied softly while hold her tears flowing, her heart pounding. She was struck with a warning from the mother in-law . "It's doesnt like I didnt have time to learn but .... "
"No dont make an excuse." spoke omonim , "If Jaesuk knew you'll be disappointed him more, he hopes that you'll make something special for him you know? aigo dissapointing..."
"Hey.. I'm looking for you because you're not in the room. Good morning," Kwangsoo appears behind Sora and making that yeoja's heart more pounding from dissapointment, with a huff she came out of the kitchen and climbing the stairs to laundry room, " Sora-ya where are you going?? You'll catch a cold!!" Kwangsoo shouted at her but Sora didnt hear it because she overwhelmed by anger. she stood at the balcon and see the children playing with snow happily.
"Ji Sora why dont you listen?? Aigo so cold~!! " Kwangsoo voice heared behind Sora, "What happen.. are you mad at me?"
"It's your fault!" Sora scream while crying, "Why did you not let me learn to cook?? You embarrassed me in front of your mom! 26 year old yeoja didnt know how to make kimbap? Maybe I'm the only one! That's too much you know?!" Sora wipe her face, her cheeks turned red caused by tears and cold temperatures.
"Ul .... Ulljimma, your skin can be peeled off. The dry cheek exposed to winter winds wont be nice." Replied Kwangsoo awkwardly, this is the first time Sora blown up because of him. He grabbed Sora's hand to stop her rubbed the cheek roughly, "I dont want to teach you because I'm afraid i'll lose my temper while teach you, cooking weren't easy as you know."
"Do you equate me with kiddo?" Sora getting more angry and forcibly release her hand from Kwangsoo's grip. "Leave me alone!" she said as she take a scarf and jacket then go out of the house .
"Sora-sshi where you'll going to??" ask Jaesuk but Sora didnt answer and ran away towards the field she saw before. the she sits in a chair on the sidelines letting her mind flew away with the snow that began to filling the ground.
"Jihyo-ya where are you?" Sora called Jihyo by phone with trembling voice, "Vacation with Gary oppa? You must be happy, he treats women well." she spoke to avoid Jihyo's suspicion and increasing her mood, "I cry? An ..... aniiya." Sora replied while wiping her burned eyes, Jihyo know Sora cry and it makes her worry.