11. The Confusion of A Man

Timid Househusband

"It's 25.000 won, yee gamsahabnida please come back~" said Jaesuk to the costumer who left the stall then greet another costumer, "annyeonghaseo .... welcome~"
"Yeobo, Kwangsoo call and it seemed to be urgent." Call his wife outside the stalls , "Get the call first, let me keep the dressing stall. annyeonghaseo haksaengdeul~ please order what you want."
Jaesuk surprised, this is the first call since Kwangsoo out of the house. "What happen dear son?" He answer as he picked up the phone , "Oh Kwangsoo-ya it's a rare thing that you called."
"Ahbuji .... If I go home will you tell me everything?" Asked Kwangsoo across the line, raises a big question on the Jaesuk's mind.
"Tell you about what my son, all that I know has been explained to you." Said Jaesuk with confusion .
"Hajiman ..." Kwangsoo replied , "You havent told me about Ji Sukjin, his family, Ji Sora and Woosha corp."

24 years ago .....


"Annyeong ... it's been a long time since we met, thank you for coming." Sukjin greet Jaesuk who came to his wife's funeral
"Nee hyung, my condolence for the sister in-law." Jaesuk hugging his hyung who's still living at the funeral residence, "Sorry for coming here so late, by the way... Kwangsoo-ya this is uncle Sukjin, greet him."
"Hello uncle," greet Kwangsoo who was 10 years old then. finally he spoke after a long silent, he grasp the hand of his father during the trip due to afraid of unfamiliar things, Sukjin invited both sitting and pour soju for Jaesuk
"How's your business, begin to improve?" Sukjin begin talks to defuse his heartache as a young Kwangsoo started to sleepy, Jaesuk immediately put his head on his thigh. "Your Kwangsoo are grown up but his pessimistic nature hasnt gone yet."

"Nee hyung, its a bit hard to tell him that's not a good trait." complaint Jaesuk . "Even so uri Kwangsoo is a diligent boy, he helped us at the shop after school's over. He likes to hobbies cleaning house, washing clothes and learn to cook. Although surprised but I still use his hobby for our family, anyway it's not bad isnt it?"
Sukjin amazed with the story, "Woah, a 10 -year -olds boy helping your family? that's a beneficial ...."
"I'm proud of him even though he wasn't from my flesh and blood." Jaesuk replied , "By the way when sister in-law was ill, hyung called me and wanted to talk about something. What can we do now?"
"Ah well," said Sukjin with a tired face, "uri Sujeongie ..... was sentenced to have a short live Jaesuk - ah, but I didnt think it would go this fast. during her illness I always thought of my daughter's future, is she will grow like the other girls without my wife's guiding. It makes me worried ....
"I'm afraid she didnt know the meaning of true love and fooled by man, I'm afraid she didnt want to deal with household because honestly I couldnt teach her because my company is busy.
I've been looking forward to this and I dont want Sujeong replaced in my heart even though one day maybe Sora needs a mother's figure," said Sukjin, "And I think I need your help Jaesuk - ah."
"We are friends hyung, I'll help you." Said Jaesuk sure, "So ..... what can I do?"
"Well, with all the anxiety about the Sora's future......" Says Sukjin , "Will you marry Kwangsoo with her after I'm gone? Hearing his craft and obedience makes me think he could accompany Sora."
Jaesuk stare at Kwangsoo who's asleep and think a moment, "Real friends keep their promises and provide help if one of them is in trouble, keep these words hyung .... And when they're grow up, I'll do as you wish."

***

" According to you, will Sora have an affair behind my back?" Asked Kwangsoo that meet Jaesuk and they're sit in the edge of the river, they talked accompanied with the sun goes down. Kwangsoo tell his confused mind to Jaesuk .
"Of course not, she's a woman who remain committed even she's being betrayed." explain Jaesuk, " The Marriage of Yoon Eunhye and Kim Jongkook which spread in the media hurts her badly plus the sudden death of her father, she's now looking for someone who can be trusted and reliable for her."
"But why are we different? Sora is so independent, at first she always reject everything i done towards her and she more concerned about Woosha than our relationship," complained Kwangsoo, "We slept in the same bed but we havent been touching each other,"
Jaesuk looked at his son, "It's because she's a girl who being raised by single parents, Woosha is her late father's company. she felt responsible for the management though she's not the president, try to put your position as her and im sure you'll do the same."
"I would quit my job and serving my husband if i were her," said Kwangsoo upset, "Looks like we seemed to intimate but actually not, it's frustating~ why are you always telling me to marry her when i was a boy, you've got me curious but ultimately not telling if the candidate is a woman like her!"
"If Sora quit working, would you replace her position?" asked Jaesuk, Kwangsoo who asked paused then shook his head, "You said you both were different, is human beings were created to complete each other in difference?"
Kwangsoo quiet and Jaesuk explaining, "Mianhae, this is all I do to accomplish Sukjin hyung's wish. He told me to marry you with Sora because he believes that you're capable of guard her." Says Jaesuk, "Real friends keep their promises and help each other, that's our motto."
Kwangsoo silent stare a bottle of soju that he drank
to eliminate the annoyance. "You remember Sora's mother died when 10 years old right? In that time, Sora was just 2 years old," said Jaesuk. "Clear your mind, I dont want a divorce story in my family line. Kim Jongkook was her past, what they have done is not you're business. your business is Sora as your wife now. Do you hear me?"
"Im scared father." Finally Kwangsoo open his mouth, "Will she go back to Kim Jongkook? I saw them when i pick her up another time ago, it makes me jealous."
Jaesuk patted his shoulder, "Jealous is a sign of oncapable, you may not have wealth like him but he didnt have sincerity, loyalty, kindness and happiness that you have now."  tell him, "Grow up kid, Only you can decide to choose jealousy or holding on, im sure you can do it."
The sun has disappeared and now the moon appears in the sky slowly, it's 7 pm already. "one day, Sora get off from work with a tired face after protect her friends who's havinga scandal, and she said she think it as a big problem and it confuse her, what do you think?"
"Hemmmmm see, your rigid behavior causes your sensitivity to the words is none at all Kwangsoo-ya." Jaesuk replied, "Of course she needs you, she believes that you'll on her side. Every woman needs the support of her partner every time, euigooo your marriage not even reached a year my son ..... you have much to learn." Comments Jaesuk.
"Oh Umma calls, nee yeoboseo umma... ahbuji? Yes he's with me." Kwangsoo talk in phone, "Arraseo ...... mianhae , I couldn't go home. Today I just wanted to talk with father, next time I'll bring Sora to stay... " explain Kwangsoo end the conversation, "Umma searching for you to close the stall, please go first. I still want to be here."
"All right, take care my son ..... hopefully what I said to you today will be a learn for your future." Said Jaesuk then leave home. Kwangsoo nodded, waved his hand and then stare at the moon , "Aigo ..... is a full moon, thankfully it's a river not the ocean becuase the tide could coming. " blabber him
Suddenly his pocket rang  and he takes the phone, Sora's photo appeared from the caller, "Yeoboseo?"
"Eodisseo?" asked her, "Youre not at home and deposited the key in Gary, did you sleepover somewhere?"
Kwangsoo didnt answer, letting her talk with worried voice, "Did you mad at me? i think about you all this day because i felt guilty to you." He said
He smiled at Sora's voice which began cursing emotionally, "Neo jinjja Minchin ggeol bogosipeo?? answer me you fool."
He drank his last bottle of soju then talk with a glimpse of a smile. "That word was mine and I'm not a fool, im an oppa. Kwangsoo oppa because You're 8 years younger than me, Ji Sora . "
No answer a few seconds until suddenly heard a sob, " I'm worried .....youre too much, you know? Jalmothasseo mianhae~~~" said Sora and Kwangsoo's eyes reddening. "Neo eodisseo, pick me now in office . I'll stay here if you didnt pick me up."
"Nee .... Wait there." Answer Kwangsoo holding back his tears, "stop crying arrajie?" He got up and walk to his car, he began to daydreaming again for a moment.
"God ..... what will you do to us?" He muttered, "Did You test our faith to each other? Are we going to end this marriage or continue till our heart stops beating?" blabber him due to the effect of soju, "Dear God I dont want to lose her, I want to win her hearts and beats Kim Jongkook because i'm her man."