16. The Old Memories

Timid Househusband

Gary's POV


"Jinjja yeppuda ~" I heard that voice which distracts me; Song Jihyo’s voice chatting with other employees. Her work table which were near my desk makes her voice sounds loud in my mind, "Johkettda, what a romantic husband of you."
Intrigued by what they are talking about, I got up from the table and walked towards them. Seeing my arrival the employees immediately disband. "Is it break time already? I think it’s 11 AM or my watch were out of battery?"
"Choisonghabnida sajangnim," said another employee bow deeply including Jihyo
"You…. Get to my desk before lunch," I said to Jihyo, she nodded with an innocent face, what a cute ~


***

"What’s the matter oppa?" Said Jihyo that immediately comes to my desk after the lunch time

"First ... I want to take you to lunch at my favorite restaurant." I replied, “Second….. What were you talking about with your friends lately? "
Jihyo gaped with upset face, "Oppa call me to ask such a thing? I thought it was an office matter, couldn’t it be discussed after we got home? "
"Am I wrong if I want you to answer now?" ask me back with a full charisma, Im the president’s here and she has to obey me during the working hours
"A newlywed employees wears a ring with a 4 unique decorative diamond by her husband, the ring looks very expensive and there’s a say that the married couple who used that wedding ring will last forever until death separates." explain Jihyo, "Here’s the picture. "
I nod while viewing the photos, "It’s obviously expensive but why the diamonds were inside the ring? Isanghae ~ "I said with a tone of pride despite the fact that I admire the luxury of the ring.
"Molla, let's get down. Sora bring a pack of lunch so I dont have any friends to accompany me." Jihyo complained, "Everyone who has a family seems happy and prosperous, when it comes that time for me? kaja oppa ~! "Jihyo pulled my hand after babbling randomly

 

At 6 pm ...


"Sajangnim I’ll go get first~ " said Sora who’s become more fat especially in her cheeks. I nodded along with her going now there's only me and Jihyo in office. It’s already 1 year passed and I found this situation again for the umpteenth time, "James Song Jihyo didnt you wait for me? Is it our time when lunch aren’t enough yet? "
"Utgijima oppa ~ my job is still a lot." she replied as she walked into the pantry, huh that annoying face still looks like a smile to me. Even her reaction of my witty changed, now she often spoke harshly to me especially if we're alone because she knows that I havent changed my feelings towards her.
"Here." Suddenly she’s back and passing a cup of white coffee in my table, "I think you need a little caffeine, your face seems restless," she commented.
"What is this mean?" I asked with a witty smile, making her chuckle in laughter without sound
"It’s just a scene where the secretary giving coffee to his boss, is that looks awkward?" Said Jihyo while glaring," Oh I got a call, yeoboseyo ....... I'm still in the office and it looks like I'm going to overtime. A little chat? mianhae .... My job is still much~"
My Delight mood turned into gloomy, I know who’s that people across the phone. It’s definitely the CEO of CakHan aka Song Joongki. Jihyo were never as cheerful as calling someone else, "Why don’t you take a break if feels tired? Nee hehehehe nado bogosipeosseo ~ "
But suddenly Jihyo’s voice changed, "... Anii. I dont mean to avoid your call but it makes my working time becomes longer if we chat, I know your time aren’t much to call me but Jebal Joongki-ya ~ I didn’t even force you to talk when you're busy while I missing you right? Yeoboseo…. yeoboseo ? What's up with him, that’s too much ~" complained Jihyo, me who sits behind the laptop accidentally eavesdropping
"... Yeoboseo, listen to me. Mianhae ... dont act like this, we are both adults right? " I heard Jihyo calling again," I know Im a noona and sometimes you need to be taking care by me but this isnt the right time Joongki-ya. How can you be my husband if your ego had to win every time? Anii I’m not lecturing you, the distance that makes us fight a lot. I'm sorry okay, have a nice sleep ~ "
I swallowed, slowly peeks at Jihyo’s messy hair trim. Her Eyes and nose were blushed; the after-effect of her crying, what an awkward situation because only two of us were here and of course I heard the whole conversation.
I plugged the headset on a laptop, plays Leessang song entitled "Guess People Change" while checking the jewelry website finding the ring with 4 diamonds hidden on it’s back.

 

Kwangsoo's POV


"Don’t forget to bring lunch, Scarves and thick jackets. " I Command on Sora, her age pregnancy is now heading 4 months. According to the magazine I read, the intake of good nutrition has to be done until the mother gave birth so I made Sora a lunch so that she doesnt need to be up and down stairs for lunch. lately Sora’s foot getting tired while walking, I should pick her up any time she asks.
"Today I’ll with Gary oppa, please clean up the warehouse. an excessive dust makes me itchy, gomawo Kalke ~ "she hugged me before she go, I kissed her forehead and eyes as waving toward Sora and closed the front gate. “Huh Finally, in the next year this house will be noisy with the baby's crying," I mumbled as climbed the stairs to the 2nd floor, sure enough when I opened the warehouse I automatically coughing due to the thick dust.
"So .... Where should we start? "I looked around," Ah four-wheels bike, two wheels, bmx, old cutlery ... .. all the toys and pencil case must be Sora’s." I said while put these items on the different place until suddenly I found the brown box labeled "VIDEO"
"I think there’s an old video player in the father in-law’s room, Should we watch these documents one by one?" I muttered. Soon I cleaned the remaining goods, vacuum the dust and a take a shower because my body is so sticky and itchy after cleaning up.
"'YOO JAESUK'?" I said while looking at the first tape and immediately ... I put it into the video player. My father were seen there with his old glasses.


"Sukjin hyung why’d you filming me? Aigo It’s embarrassing~ this the first time I'm visiting your new house, Im traveling quite far away and ... you know? This afternoon I pick up my son at the orphanage, I wondering would he be handsome like me heheh." said him,

"Hahaha you talk a lot Jaesuk-ah, by the way ... I hope your son fit like what you hope because an adopted children sometimes aren’t easy to take care while compared to the biological children. Their personality is definitely different with you or sister in-law." replied the father in-law and the record were off.


"Okay then ... KIM JONGKOOK?" Heart palpitations after saw the label with that name in it.


"Oppa, you know? It's my father’s old handy cam and I took it without him recognized~ " Sora's voice and young Jongkook’s smiling face appears,"Hey this is a celebration of our first date, try enjoying the sights. You’ve never seen that much Caucasians isn’t it?"
There can be seen the sights of Big Ben tower then Sora's face with her short hair appears while embracing Jongkook, "Oppa ... gomapta for celebration dating in the UK." Said Sora with sparkling eyes, "I thank God that at my age to 23 I found my partner , may we be together forever oppa~!!"
"I promise I’ll get my master degree in our next celebration and became a successful businessman~ !!" screams Jongkook shouting towards Big Ben, "Because Ji Sora is my last love, I love You!!"


"Ah disgusting, why do I have to find this." I put the video off as they kissed and then I found another record labeled “JI SORA". Immediately I turned it on and it looks like ... ..  it’s us after the marriage vows one year ago,

"I promise to stay beside her in our happiness or sadness." I said there, we had a party after the pledge at home and introduce our families. Sora who still grieving looks glum in a bright bridal makeup.
"Hey Ji Sora…. Give me a smile, It's your wedding party." Donghoon that holds camcorders appears by his voice,"I recording this so the president could seeing it from the heaven, he’ll be proud ~ let's say something like impression or message for him." He said cheerfully though Sora staring at the camera with a blank look, what will she say?
"Hello father, I ... I still didnt believe in fate or intuition, but ... all this event said that the real destiny and our dreams sometimes were in the different path." Said Sora with a low voice, "Uncle Yoo Jaesuk and Lee Kwangsoo ... I didnt know them well but with all my capability ... . I’ll try hard to understand and serve my husband well. Maybe this time I am still grieving and had no feelings towards him who looks like a giraffe .... but I believe that your choice will never wrong for me... ahbuji. "


I was stunned, "Is this what they done when I saw Donghoon record something in the corner?" I said while closing the mouth in disbelief, it’s true that Sora never stated that she loves me .... I didnt really need her statement as long as shared everything, but .... In the non-verbal state I felt the changes from her.
It used to be that she hate when I touch her and uncomfortable with my treat, now she’s sleeping while locking my arms, hold me and letting me hear her heartbeat then smile .... My tears flowing, jealousy due to her video with Jongkook vanished after seeing her confession at our weddings. I realized our wedding weren’t as beautiful as another people’s wedding  due to the procession held after a week of her father’s died but.... we're happy now.


"Kwangsoo-ya, how’s your thought about Sora?" Said Jihyo who turns holding a handy cam, this time we both stood at a distance because of the awkwardness, "I just know her by her name, we haven’t met before." I said while scratching my head while Sora biting her lips trying to smile. “Ahbuji was the one who chooses Sora for me, I was surprised because she was different with my father’s ideal type which as old school. But to me Sora is em……. beautiful?"
Everyone around us cheering while I speech shyly.