See me after school

Silent Sails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"See me after school." The baritone voice left a sentence and stepped out through the door before the class monitor could stand up to shout his commands to greet. Daehyun glances up to see his classmates somewhat puzzled by their teacher's quick departure before hanging his head low to stare at the ugly red mark on his script. The boy in the crisp white uniform lowers his head to nod his forehead onto the top of his desk, mumbling incoherently to himself as the harshly written words sit at the top of his paper, "See me."

 

Daehyun drops his bag to the floor of the living room before pulling off his socks and dumping them in the laundry basket. He takes a glance at the clock reading 5pm and makes his way to the kitchen to put in a freshly washed pot of ricegrains into the cooker, starting the preparation for dinner. His shirt soak up some of the splashing water and the boy with the average schoolboy haircut peers at the darkened spots before wiping his hands dry on his uniform. It's almost laundry day so it'd be fine, he tells himself and inspects the fridge for ingredients. 

Dinner's done in a jiffy, because he's rather used to the cooking and cutting. He hums a tune as he hops into the bathroom with a towel, closing the door shut and turning up the shower to the highest. The loud water against the tiles drowned out the sounds of the frontdoor unlocking and Daehyun remains oblivious to the one who has recently returned until he shuts off the tap and spots the silhoeutte of a man passing the translucent bathroom door. He scrubs his face dry, leaving his cheeks a little red, and tugs on simple T-shirt and shorts before peeking out of the bathroom to see the familiar sight sitting on the couch in the living room.

The man turns to look him in the eye, hand holding onto his chemistry paper with a solemn look. Daehyun notices his ped schoolbag at the side of the couch as he strolls towards the other man while still scrubbing the back of his head with his towel casually.

"Didn't I tell you to see me after school?"

The man registers the blank and wide-eyed look Daehyun always gives him and sighs almost defeatedly.

"Well, we could see each other at home."

Yongguk stares and stares but that same blissfully ignorant look is still plastered on the ever naive Daehyun. He gives up and sighs once more before gesturing for the boy to sit down. Daehyun obliges and plops down on the couch beside Yongguk who looks down at their touching thighs with an almost scandalised look before frowning at the lavender-like scent emanating from the wet hair tips before his eyes. He sighs once more. "Daehyun... You should know why I need you to see me after school, in school."

Yongguk has some hope before slapping himself mentally for being naive when the boy returns his stare with another blink.

He sighs for so many times a day. "Daehyun. Your grades for chemistry... It's horrible, honestly speaking. I don't know if it's because of our conditions or is it because you're really not good at this. You need to focus, Daehyun. Your other subjects are fine but why is chemistry so bad? Is it because I'm the one teaching you?"

"Hyung..." Daehyun pulls on both ends of the towel over his head. "I at chem, for real!"

Yongguk frowns. "Are you sure it's not because of me?"

"No... Maybe a little bit... I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter