100/100

Silent Sails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys, in case some of you think that this ff has ended... it hasn't yet. I'm just marking this completed because the oneshots are complete and that readers looking for completed stories can find this ff.

Spent an hour writing this TT TT I should be studying instead because my results are awful like Daehyun's.................................... (and i didn't check this before posting so sorry any errors)

 

 

 

 

Yongguk is the perfect student, straight A’s for academics and overachieving in physical fitness tests. He’s always the good example in the teachers’ eyes, the top scorer in the sciences and mathematics, always appearing in the top percentile list whenever they announce tests results.

 

But hey, don’t get it wrong, Yongguk isn’t a usual nerd or a geek as most would stereotype top scorers to be. He’s in fact, part of the popular kids in school. Damn, dude’s scores are all a thin margin to perfection but hey look, that guy’s also one of the main players in the school soccer team!

 

Be jealous, but that probably wouldn’t last long because everyone knows the A star student in the school scores perfect on his personality as well.

 

And Daehyun just likes that part about Yongguk. The most.

 

He’s humble even when he’s the best and he knows he’s the best. He’s nice to everyone like he’s an average student or just another face in the corridor, but no he isn’t.

 

Daehyun has a crush on his classmate and he’s grateful enough that he’s able to be within the radius of Yongguk’s glow. Even just a bit. Just a tiny bit.

 

Daehyun hardly speaks to Yongguk at all, because you know, social disparity. Not that Daehyun thinks Yongguk would look down on him or ignore him, that guy has a heart of an angel! (Yes Daehyun knows because his smile is that of an angel) Daehyun is just not confident of himself. He’s got acne problems and a not-so-brilliant test score sheet. And besides, he’s not sure if they would hit it off well. Maybe they’ll be awkward. And ultimately, Yongguk definitely wouldn’t be interested in him. Romantically. Ahem.

 

So Daehyun just secretly admires his perfect guy everyday in class and in the midst of it interrupts himself because he should be devoting time and effort in his work to become like Yongguk, his role model. Most importantly, he wants to be better for Yongguk.

 

But one day, it could be luck or pure coincidence (or maybe Mrs Kim’s sixth sense knows Daehyun’s soul gravitates towards the golden student), Mrs Kim says Yongguk should be Daehyun’s tutor for the math buddy programme because Daehyun’s just so bad in math. Daehyun’s heart is beating out of his chest and it doesn’t help when Yongguk smiles amiably at him from across the classroom.

 

So they begin the peer tutoring and during the first few lessons, Daehyun really can’t concentrate with his palms sweating and heart beating so nervously but Yongguk’s been really nice and patient thinking Daehyun’s just unfamiliar with the math concepts when the poor kid’s just really love struck. But it’s okay, Daehyun would rather Yongguk think he’s incapable in math than knowing he’s got a crush the size of a whale on him.

 

The next few ones got better once Daehyun adapted to sitting next to his sparkling ideal guy. He pays a lot of attention because it’s Yongguk and of course, he genuinely wants to improve. Yongguk is really patient and tells Daehyun to take his time when the other boy gets flustered, worrying that he’ll be wasting Yongguk’s time. Daehyun thinks every lesson should be called, How to like Yongguk more. Yongguk likes to make small talk during their short breaks or after the lessons and he learns that Daehyun wants to study tech and design at this prestigious university that’s why Daehyun’s trying so hard to improve. He grins and says he admires Daehyun’s spirit before leaving with a see you tomorrow, making Daehyun blush on the spot for quite a while.

 

The tutoring starts before midterms and time passes so quickly, they’re sitting in the studying area together, preparing for the year-end examinations. Yongguk started teaching Daehyun subjects other than math because he knows Daehyun needs help and besides, he’s willing to because it’s becoming a habit. They’ve gotten closer over the months they spent together and Yongguk thinks Daehyun’s a pretty interesting person because that guy has an innate artistic personality. And most importantly, Daehyun’s probably the most naïve person in this school he’s ever met.

 

Daehyun’s brows crease whenever he’s trying and Yongguk would smile at that before going back to his own work. Mrs Kim says Daehyun has improved a lot and Yongguk can stop tutoring him. Daehyun is quite disappointed inside but Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter