Loss

Silent Sails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He saw the white ceiling and the lazy fan turning when he woke up. He reached up to touch his face and found one eye bandaged. He couldn't feel much on his fingers with the bandages over his hands. The door opened, startling him. The man at the door looked equally stunned as he is. He rushed in, his long coat fluttering at he ran. Daehyun thought, this man is gorgeous.

 

The handsome fellow stood beside him, hands hovering over him, wanting to hold him yet concerned about pressing onto his wounds. He looked genuinely concerned with a mix of happiness.

 

It seemed that he had woken up from a long sleep. The doctor and nurses crowded around him, talking to him, asking him questions while they check his body.

 

Daehyun was uncomfortable because his back hurts and his left eye felt funny. But he's mostly uncomfortable because he doesn't know who that gorgeous man is.

 

Not on the fact that he needs to know the name of an attractive man within his proximity, but because the doctor spoke to him on everything about Daehyun. He must have been an important person to Daehyun.

 

But Daehyun just cannot remember.

 

Not a single thing.

 

Who are you? Daehyun asked, and regretted immediately when the man's expression dropped a thousand miles from the ecstacy he had seeing Daehyun woken up.

 

The nurses looked apologetic and the gorgeous fellow gave a gentle smile, a little sad around the edges and didn't answer him.

 

You'll take some time to remember. Don't stress out. He said to Daehyun, his voice deep and calming. 

 

Daehyun was probably hypnotised by the baritone. He nodded and kept silent. He had many questions spinning in his mind.

 

He did not remember this man. Neither did he remember anything or anyone else. He only knew he's called Daehyun, he's 24 years old and he's injured.

 

Other than his name, who was he exactly?

 

 

 

The gorgeous man, called Yongguk, came to visit him everyday. And he was the only visitor Daehyun had. That was a little upsetting to Daehyun. He thought he could get to know his family but apparently, he had none. He didn't have any friends too?

 

Daehyun turned a little blue after a week of visitor-less period.

 

Yongguk was sympathetic and tried to cheer him up with food from outside the hospital. Daehyun loved fried chicken, he remembered. Yongguk remembered it better than he did. He only ate a few pieces until Yongguk confiscated them. 

 

Daehyun admired Yongguk's face when he was changing his shirt for him. Daehyun couldn't move very well with a fractured arm. This man was good-looking and extremely gentle. He always smiled to the staff and to Daehyun. He seemed like a very nice man, but Daehyun don't remember anything about the two of them.

 

Hey Yongguk. Who are you to me?

 

Daehyun finally asked the burning question he kept inside of him for weeks. Yongguk always came to care for him but never wanted to tell him about who they are. Are they best friends? But Yongguk doesn't talk to him like one. Are they family? They don't look alike and are not related.

 

Daehyun was suspecting of the answer.

 

I'm your boyfriend. Yongguk said, his eyes on his hands, not looking at Daehyun's face.

 

Daehyun blinked once, twice and thrice. There are things going on in his mind.

 

Ah yes, there seems to be some faint memory...

 

A ring on his finger, a walk in the park, a quarrel in the bedroom and his cellphone on his workdesk.

 

He had a feeling, these images are of a loved one, a partner, his boyfriend.

 

But Yongguk's face didn't appear, didn't ring a bell.

 

His amnesia is terrible.

 

Daehyun was rather glad that Yongguk was his boyfriend. He was gorgeous, kind and probably rich, judging from the car he fetched Daehyun back home from the hospital.

 

It seemed that they stayed together at Yongguk's apartment. It was clean and tidy, everything was organised. It is a slick apartment, and it is absolutely Yongguk's style. The man was poised, elegant and classy. It was everything like that.

 

It wasn't anything like Daehyun though. Well, not that he remembered anything much about himself but it definitely did not feel like his home.

 

Did he only just move in?

 

There were no photographs to see. Daehyun thought it would speed up his memory recall.

 

Yongguk told him about his work and how they put him on long term leave after his accident. Daehyun wondered how is he going to go to work when his mind is empty. He had no idea of what he was doing before the accident. Apparently he was a salesman. Yongguk told him.

 

Yongguk told him everything. His job, his company, his interests, his family-- his parents are dead, he's the only child, Yongguk doesn't know his extended family--, his house was rented and the contract was up so they moved in together. Yongguk was clear about him but Daehyun don't know about Yongguk.

 

What about you? What do you like to do?

 

Daehyun asked Yongguk, who looked surprised and gave a small laugh-- that wonderful little chuckle Daehyun would love to replay anytime of the day.

 

Haha, Yongguk started, I like to gym? I like to lie down in bed and sleep too, I guess? He said all that with a goofy smile which Daehyun finds really hard to not grin with. 

 

When did we get together?

 

Um... Five years?

 

What's with that question mark?

 

It's... been a long time since we know each other. I don't really...

 

Is that so.

 

There was a long pause as Daehyun tried to fix things inside his mind and then Yongguk said he will bring him to his room.

 

His room?

 

Apparently, they did not sleep together.

 

Yongguk slept at the guest room and gave Daehyun the master bedroom. The room is spacious and comfortable but Daehyun could not sleep.

 

He did not know what Yongguk really liked. He did not know what Yongguk is thinking about. He did not know if the smell of the pillow is what Yongguk smelled like. He didn't even know what it was like to hold Yongguk between his arms.

 

Why were they like this?

 

Daehyun stayed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter