If I were you

Silent Sails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If I were you, maybe I’ll know better the feeling of waiting.

 

If I were you, maybe I’ll know how to love the one waiting for me better.

 

Because you’re not that person, you don’t know.

 

Because you’re just you.

 

You don’t know.

 

You are just you.

 

And I love you.

 

Even for just one day, if I were you, I want to learn the feeling of freedom with the choice of coming home to the feeling of attachment and shelter and warmth every time, maybe I’ll know better than not to take it for granted.

 

But you’re just you.

 

-

 

I believe in you because that’s how we started. But when you don’t pick up my calls, I wonder what you’ve been doing behind my back. You get angry when I ask about it but you never tell me anything. Tell me how to be convinced?

 

Why is the feeling of security slipping away?

 

Why is our love slipping away?

 

-

 

Daehyun would rather not throw away the food on the table but he’s gotten sick of forcing himself to finish them every time, every single time. He steps the bin open and with a sigh, scrapes the food off the plate.

 

Wasted.

 

Every morning he asks himself why is he even doing this when the person doesn’t even appreciate it. He throws the utensils into the sink and rolls up his sleeves. He exhales, the burdened weight in his chest making him press his hands to the kitchen counter. He stares at the running water in the sink before slapping the water off, marching out of the kitchen to grab his bag before slamming the door shut behind him.

 

Every time, he’s the one taking the backseat. Every he leaves home second but comes home first, waiting for that person. The next morning, watch him leave and be disappointed again and again.

 

-

 

He calls for the umpteenth time, so many times even he’s gotten frustrated. He doesn’t want to be possessive but his friends tell him he’s being too nice.

 

Sometimes he feels like he’s giving the other person so much space, he hasn’t even got much for his own.

 

He sits at home, the silence ringing in his ears when the sound of opening doors make his heart jump. He realises just how pathetic he is, waiting before the dinner table, all emptiness against his chest and being so desperate for even just the presence of that one person, that cheap cheap presence.

 

“Yongguk.”

 

He just throws his jacket on the couch and eases his tie loose, going into their room and Daehyun don’t even think he’s even given him a glance. Daehyun picks up the ridden clothes and follows Yongguk into their bedroom where the man just seem dying to get out into the shower. 

 

“I made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter