Follow

Silent Sails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arranged marriage/ slight / one-sided

 

 

Yongguk and Daehyun share an intertwined fate, extremely peculiar, very strange and absolutely ridiculous in Yongguk's eyes. 

 

Daehyun follows Yongguk everywhere, that little boy with huge goggly eyes and a head of black hair too thick for his small skull. He always looked so naive and lost and absolutely clumsy. Yongguk used to turn around and glare when the boy knocks into his back carelessly, head only to his waist. He would look up with those big eyes, watery with the danger of tears and Yongguk would turn away and escape before he could get reprimanded for not taking care of Daehyun, his future wife.

 

His baby-baby wife.

 

Daehyun follows Yongguk like a younger brother almost every second of his little childhood and that bothers Yongguk very much knowing that the boy tiny enough to fit into his mother's rattan basket have no clue that the taller boy he's tagging behind all the time is that big bad wolf who would try to ruin his every single day if he marries him-- And Yongguk doubts Daehyun even knows about the ties between the two of them as he sits on a tall chair, feet swinging above the ground, playing with the cat outside their house with a stalk of bushy grass.

 

Yongguk would look away and study in his room, locking Daehyun out as he studies diligently. Daehyun is too naive. Yongguk sighs as he taps his pen on his textbook. If only he knew what their parents did to their lives.

 

 

 

 

Yongguk is eighteen when he graduates, dressed in a smart suit, all grown up and looking like a man just as what his father said. Daehyun appears behind his father's back, bag pack too big for his tiny frame and surprises Yongguk. His friends all thought Daehyun was a little cousin. Yongguk felt a suffocating squeeze inside him as he thinks of the marriage that is bound to happen once the tiny boy holding his hand turns eighteen as well. 

 

Yongguk tries not to think too much about it and he tries not to let Daehyun get too close to him.

 

"Hyung!" That was the only word Daehyun dares to shout as he chases after Yongguk, small steps too clumsy, too slow for Yongguk's long strides. He's a grown-up now, he can't bear with it anymore. He doesn't want to marry somebody he doesn't like. Yongguk ignores the loud breathless pants behind him and continues walking. He just wants to walk away like this. Why does he have to do this?

 

His thoughts were raging wild inside his mind, all anger and indignation until the realisation of silence brought him back to reality. His steps falter to a slow stride and he finds it way too quiet. He turns around and sees a petite figure, curled up onto a tiny bunch on the ground, nursing a wound on a swollen knee.

 

What can he do? He runs back and carries Daehyun back into the house, the tiny body all sobs and muffled words as those small hands held leverage around his neck. "Yongguk hyung, do you dislike me?" That was the first time Daehyun ever said something like that to Yongguk. That was the first time Yongguk felt like an insensitive bastard.

 

 

 

 

 

When Daehyun turns eighteen, Yongguk is even more nervous than their parents who are all excited about the wedding that is to take place very soon. He's so afraid.

 

He wants to run away.

 

But somehow someday he finds himself in the shower, just a wall away from Daehyun as the water hits his face. He wish it could hit him harder, best if it were harder than reality. He is hiding in the shower. Too stupid to know how to face the eighteen year old boy whom he just tied the knot with earlier this afternoon. All he would like to say is, "…"

 

Yongguk has no idea how it became like this. He thought he'd resist it but apparently escaping marriage needs more balls than to risk media exposure and his social status by rapping underground. He had no guts to ruin the family's reputation. It's a political marriage, a marriage on terms, yes.

 

But somehow, he feels that the thought of Daehyun frightens him even more.

 

That little boy who follows him everywhere all the time. That little boy who grew up and looked at him with admiring eyes. He has no idea how to deal with those and he really doesn't care to know how. He steps out of the shower, wipes himself dry and tugs on some clothes. It's really strange-- it's their first night together. And Yongguk hopes he doesn't have to do anything embarrassing.

 

It's half past 12 on the clock. He spent half an hour of cowardly time in the shower. He goes near to the bed, dreadin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter