Odd

Silent Sails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes life comes by a cruel whirlwind. You come down to your knees and realise there's no one else beside. You search for a shelter, just somebody to lean on. Who said physical needs are a basis?

All you ever wanted was love.

 

 

When my life had plunged to its lowest, I thought, this was my breaking point. I closed my eyes and waited for the last of my breathe. I thought about all the dinners I couldn't have, all the things they had that I wish I did as well. As I thought about how even getting my house lit was a problem, at this point, I guessed I could finally pity myself and cry for the first time.

But as I slowly slipped into darkness, my light came and took me away. My gut feeling told me this is it, here he comes.

I felt rescued for the first time in my life.

Finally, somebody to care about me and somebody to care for.

 

I woke up to satin sheets over my body, the smoothest thing I have ever felt. Above me hangs a chandelier, more brilliant than anything I've ever seen. The vastness of the room made me dizzy. This sudden transition plopped me somewhere I've never experienced for the slightest in my entire life. I felt the urge to throw up as my stomach turned sour. I clutched the front of my chest and realised the filthy clothes I have were replaced with fresh new clothes I've never owned before. 

I felt like Alice who fell into another world.

Everything good was an alien concept and sitting in this room like a palace in my eyes, the awe has overwhelmed the pity I felt for myself.

He came in striding through the door and I felt my heart thumped for the very first time, it wasn't a fearful throb nor one filled with anger. It was one full of hope.

Here comes my sun.

 

I became somebody else's son, somebody else's charge.

I fell in love with this brand new life.

And I told him I couldn't remember who I am and where I come from. Of course, that's a lie.

I never wanted to go back.

Deceiving him would be the equivalent of lying to myself and I wanted to live in a facade.

I wanted to be reborn into a brand new life, start anew without the pain and suffering in my previous life.

Jung Daehyun was already dead.

 

I learned how to be a rich man's heir. I learned how to pretend to be.

I could be anything I wanted. I could be elegant, I could be intelligent, I could be charming.

Nobody knew I was as empty inside.

I fell in love with the new life of luxury. It became an addicition. I could not live without it not after I've tasted the pure ecstacy of being rich.

Never would have to come under the condescending eyes of the unworthy, I'd never have to bury my face in shame. I would never have to fight to survive. Everything came as easy as breathing and it felt like heaven.

Even if I was just living in a temporary shell meant to be somebody else, I was happy. 

My life was never as brilliant as the chandelier above my head. I watched as it hung on the ceiling, wondering when it would come down and crush this liar of mine.

 

Greed is part of human nature, buried deep inside me, suppressed by the emptiness of my heart and fuelled by the suffering of my body. I wanted everything in sight and plain superfluous luxuries became as important as dust would mean to me. It came easy to my overfed greed. Stuffed, my instincts began looking for something else to fill up my ever lacking soul. I wanted something I've never desired. 

 

 

I laid beside him one night and touched his face, his skin like a maniac who has never once felt human skin. It felt like I was thirsty for his skin. Skin him and keep this precious masterpiece of mine forever. He'll be mine forever. Finally then, I'll have somebody of my own.

He caught my hand and questioned me. I said I was lonely and afraid, the easy line to deceive through a sought of pity and affection. I craved for his attention and thought that it'd be my reward for being his charge. I would be the best he'll ever raise and in return, I should get all of his attention. 

I never felt more twisted when he touched my face. The rush and sheer euphoria gushing in my veins when he did so confirmed my warped soul. I wanted so much of him, I could hear the clatter of the chains around my a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter