Bon Appetit

Silent Sails
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bang Yongguk is a traditional man. He likes a feminine woman. And what's important to a busy man like him who has got no time to eat his meals is a woman who can prepare his three meals to perfection.

 

So when he finally got a new nutritionist and personal chef who can make the best meals ever, he's extremely content but at same time, completely devastated.

 

Because it's a dude.

 

"Director, if you're not happy with it, we can always find a new chef for you."

 

"No, Secretary Kim, it's fine..."

 

"... Are you sure it's fine?"

 

Secretary Kim Himchan raises a doubtful brow at the director who is laying face down on the office couch.

 

Somebody once said, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Well, Jung Daehyun certainly did take his stomach hostage but, too bad Bang Yongguk's heart is still very much vacant.

 

His stomach loves Jung Daehyun but his heart proclaims that he's still a straight man.

 

"Itadakimasu." He picks up his chopsticks and digs into the bento heartily. This new chef is really a gem. Kudos to Secretary Kim for finding such a skilled cuisine maker. Bang Yongguk makes a note to raise his yearly bonus.

 

Meals at office became an incentive to work overtime. Director Bang has taken a liking to stay back late, notes Secretary Kim who makes a visit to the worker's canteen to inform Jung Daehyun of the dinner request. 

 

"Aish, I can't even go home early nowadays." The chef throws his hat to the counter, grumbling but picks it up and puts it on immediately, getting down to business. "Alright, what does the Director want for dinner tonight?"

 

"He only specified to have rice. Sorry to trouble you Daehyun-sshi."

 

By the time Daehyun's finished with the meal, it's already 8:30pm. He calls for Secretary Kim who apparently has already let himself off work. He groans and tidies his attire. He will have to send it to the Director directly.

 

He knocks twice on the door. It's a vacant level, everyone has left except for this man who made him work over time as well. It's a lie if he says he doesn't bear a grudge against this Director Bang who has been requesting for over time dinner meals for the past weeks. It's not like he doesn't have a home to go to, Jung Daehyun wants to leave early as well!

 

"Oh." The man opens the door himself, startling Daehyun.

 

He looks up and sees the face of a handsome thirty-year-old. He does the most embarrassing thing of blushing and gaping like a fish.

 

"Uh... Here's, here's your meal..."

 

Director Bang just stares at him and blinks before proceeding to look him from head to toe. Jung Daehyun feels a vein popping in his forehead. What's up with this guy?

 

"Please come in."

 

Daehyun carries the tray and follows in obediently. He sets it down, about to leave after a "Bon appetit" but Director Bang orders him to sit.

 

He sits with the Director as the other man digs in. He's thrown some questions which ceases as soon as the Director gets into the food, nodding and making slight sounds of approval. It's the first time he's seen the Director in person and it's strange because he used to think of directors as middle-aged men who have large stomachs and residing hairlines.

 

He watches with a lack of interest as the man before him wolves down the meal he's prepared. Just when he's about to ask to take his leave, his stomach takes the lead.

 

He blushes furiously as the Director looks up with amused eyes.

 

"Have you eaten?"

 

"...No."

 

"You want some?"

 

 

------

 

 

 

"Secretary Kim, the chef..."

 

"What's wrong? You need me to change him?"

 

"No, he's good. He's... cute."

 

"Director... I think you need a girlfriend."

 

"Shut up."

 

Director Bang sure has taken a real liking to working overtime now, Secretary Kim notes. The man would even sit in his office deliberately searching for things to do even if he's absolutely done for the day. It's almost funny.

 

"Director... You should go home early-- no, I mean, go home on time for once. It's already after working hours and there's absolutely no schedule for today!"

 

"Oh, Secretary Kim, you may leave! Never mind about me." says the man, spinning around in his long chair, looking completely relaxed and carefree despite the time. His secretary does a subtle facepalm.

 

"Director, you staying late all the time is giving our staff pressure to stay back as well. Nobody dares leave before you!"

 

Bang Yongguk looks at his secretary for once and notices the man's frustration in his expression. He scratches the back of his head sheepishly, "Ahh, Secretary Kim. I get what you mean..."

 

Sometimes, he really thinks their Director is like a kid, completely immature and childish despite looking completely emotionless and stoic to strangers. And sometimes, definitely very unpredictable as well--

 

"Alright, everyone, it's time to go home! Nobody's allowed to work overtime today! Go home before I fire you!"

 

The man just opens his office door and shouts to the entire level of staff workers as if he's making an absolutely sensible announcement. Secretary Kim can only stand behind the Director and regret all the persuading he's done for the past ten minutes. 

 

After watching all their staff scrambling to leave, the Secretary decides it's time for him to go back home to rest his persistent headache for the past few weeks.

 

When Jung Daehyun arrives at the Director's level holding the tray of dinner, he feels the eerie silence in the office. He peers around nervously, slightly unnerved by the silence. Why has everyone gone home so early today? Usually, there were always a f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter