I love you, Good Bye

After All
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was nearing Christmas 2006 when Shin Hye’s dad came home. They just had a meeting together with their Chairman. Her dad works in a car manufacturing firm. Since there was  global financial crisis, the chairman decided to assign her dad in their Philippine Operation. Shin Hye was devastated to know this news. But they all have to move with him. Shin Hye talked to her dad “ Appa, can I just stay with Eunnie? I don’t want to go to the Philippines. I want to stay here in Korea. I am 16 already. Can you just ask  Minho Oppa to marry me?” She was only joking, thinking that her parents might reconsider how desperate she was to stay in Korea. Their parents knew that their children are in a relationship and really liked each other. But since they are closed friends, they just reminded them to finish their college and find a good job.

 

“I am sorry Shin Hye but you have to come with us. There is no way you can be left here in Korea. And that’s final “ said her dad. Shin Hye cried all night. She doesn’t want to go to the Philippines nor she doesn’t want to leave her Oppa. However, she has to obey her dad.

 

She got her celphone and send a message to Minho “ Oppa, can we meet tonight? Can you go to our house ?” and she send the text message. After a while, Minho replied. “ Ok, I’ll meet you there. See you” and then she went to her closet to change her clothes. She wore something comfortable but something warm.

 

When he arrived, Shin Hye led him to their library. Then she asked their maid to bring something to eat. “So what is this all about? Do you miss your oppa?”He asked, teasing her. But this time, she is serious. Minho sat beside her and asked her again, this time more serious one “ Yah, is something bothering you? Why are you so quiet?” and then Shin Hye broke her silence. “Oppa, my dad talk to me this morning and he will be assigned in the Philippines and we have to go with him. Me and my mom” she said, tears falling down her face. “I don’t want to go Oppa but I have no choice. He said its temporary, about 2 years but I don’t think I can bear it Oppa. I don’t want to leave Korea” she said.

 

“Why don’t you want to leave Korea?” Min ho asked. “ I don’t want to leave you and also leave my friends. I love it here and we’ve been together almost all our lives. How do you think I can cope” she said, now really crying as if she was a kid. “ Shin Hye, I don’t want you to go to but you have to support your father. And Don’t worry about me. I can visit you any time. It’s just a few hours flight from Seoul “ he explaine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter