chapter 15

Imaginary Friend

this is technically a double update, so go back a chapter if you haven't read it already!


 

 

 

We are successful.

 

Jaekyung and I started off by telling our friends about the Imaginaries and making Luhan pop up randomly just in case no one would believe us. Soon, the gossip went around campus and everyone knew about this by the end of the day. Student’s told their parents, who told their family and friends, who told their family and friends. We call it the Domino effect.

 

It’s only been two weeks since we have been sharing information about the Imaginaries to the public, and almost all of Asia, the United States, and Europe has been convinced of the Imaginary world’s existence. “News travels quickly.” I mumble to myself as I watch Imaginary story broadcasting on the news. My face probably pops up once or twice since I’m the one who started this whole ruckus, and I let out a sigh of relief when I note that they actually put good pictures of me.

 

My house has been a lot more lively after I told my parents the news. Their Imaginary Friend’s are really nice. They probably thank me twenty times a day for convincing my parents of the Imaginary world.

 

I also ended up telling my parents (after days of avoiding their questions) about Jongin, and how I’m doing all of this so we could be together. My mom’s first reaction was to squeal and hug me. My dad, on the other hand, only gave me a pat on the back and a ‘we’re proud of you’.

 

I turn off the television with a smile on my face as I think of Jongin. Luhan told me that he’s been doing a lot better now that he knows I’m actually doing something to save our relationship.

 

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I answer without looking at the caller id. I’m about to say hello, but the person doesn’t let me talk. “Why do I keep seeing your face on the news?”

 

It’s Sanghyuk, and I almost curse at myself for forgetting to tell him everything.

 

“Is this whole Imaginary Friend thing real? Like seriously, you didn’t make this whole thing up, did you?” my brother inquired. I frown at his accusation, “Why don’t you find out yourself? What was your imaginary friend’s name?”

 

It’s silent on the other line, probably because Sanghyuk has a horrible memory and is currently searching through his mind for that name. “I think it was Suho?”

 

My eyes grow in size, “Holy ! I think I know him!”

 

“Are you sure you don’t need to go to a mental-”

 

“Shut up and call him.” I interrupt him.

 

“Call him? Like what, dial his nonexistent phone number and see if he will pick up?”

 

“No!” I groan at my brother’s stupidity, “Call his name. Tell him to show himself.”

 

“Okay? Um,” I hear Sanghyuk sigh and clear his throat, “Suho, show yourself to me.”

 

He says it like an actor in one of Shakespeare’s play would say it and I almost choke on my own spit. My brother isn’t taking it seriously and I mentally cackle, knowing that he’s in for a big surprise. I wait for a few seconds for my brother to freak out.

 

“Look, you really need to go to the doctor because Suho’s not showi- holy !” Sanghyuk practically screams into the microphone and I finally let out the laughter I was holding in.

 

“I’ll call you back.” he reports and immediately hangs up after. I’m still laughing and my mom comes in from the kitchen, “Did Sanghyuk find out?”

 

I hum in reply and my mother just laughs.



 

Since it’s Saturday night, I stay up watching Disney princess movies. I thank my mother in my head for collecting all of the films. I watch them all in order, starting from Snow White to Cinderella, to Sleeping Beauty, to The Little Mermaid, to Beauty and the Beast. When I finish Aladdin, it’s four in the morning.

 

I let out a tired sigh, brush my teeth, and collapse onto my bed. I think about what’s been happening ever since I revealed that the Imaginary world wasn’t so imaginary. There’s been a lot of talk about new laws and stuff like that just for the Imaginaries, since they have the power to teleport and turn invisible. I’ve been asked for interviews by so many news channels and radio stations, but I haven’t accepted any. Jaekyung and Luhan go in my place, knowing that I kind of at public speaking.

 

My thoughts cease when my brain finally decides to shut down and my body decides to sleep.



 

The first thing I see is a blinding light.

 

I squint my eyes because wow, that’s bright. The light fades soon enough, allowing my eyes to open without turning blind.

 

There is a man in front of me. He is wearing a white cloak that drapes down his body majestically. His hair is brown and flows down to his shoulders. I look to his face, but I can’t see it well. His bangs cover half of his face, emitting a shadow that blankets his features.

 

I immediately know that this is the Creator.

 

“Hello.” I bow to Him, wanting to be respectful. He responds with an angelic smile and tells me to stand straight, so I do.

 

“I would like to thank you for your good deeds. A new era with Imaginaries and Humans is approaching, and it is all thanks to you.” He gives me a small bow, “I may grant you one wish.”

 

I immediately reply, “I wish for the second rule of the Imaginaries to be abolished.”

 

The Creator isn’t even surprised by my wish. He probably knew what I was going to wish for days (or even weeks) before he even visited me. “The rule has been in place since the beginning of time. I cannot just simply abolish it without a sufficient reason.”

 

He’s joking with me, I realize. I smell the sarcasm coming from his mouth. I don’t understand why he would even ask when he already knows what my reply would be, but I figure he’s just doing his job so I play along.

 

“Now that the Imaginary and Human world are united, relationships between the two will be inevitable. You can’t control who you love.” My mind goes to Jongin. I haven’t seen him in what feels like forever. A smile creeps onto my lips as I realize I’m going to be seeing him soon. “When Imaginaries and Humans fall in love, a boundary is created between them. This boundary goes against the whole existence of Imaginaries, who were created for the purpose of protecting their human counterparts.”

 

I can see the slight curve of the lip on His face and I continue, “Also, Imaginaries have the same bodily structure as Humans. It’s not impossible for them to have babies.” I feel myself blush at my own sentence, “Therefore, there is no reason to keep the second rule.”

 

I feel like I’m at school giving a presentation that counts as more than half of my semester average, but really, this conversation costs me my whole love life. And that’s kind of more important than school. Well, for me it is.

 

The Creator doesn’t even try to hide his smile this time. “You’ve done well.” He praises me, and I feel like crying.

 

“Your wish is granted.”

 

The words spark my tears and before I could say thank you, my body feels lighter and my eyes shut close.

 

Finally.







 

I wake up with someone wiping away my tears.

 

I keep my eyes shut. I’m honestly afraid of what would happen if I opened my eyes. I know Jongin is the one wiping my tears away so gently, but I feel like I’ll break down even more when I open my eyes.

 

He calls my name in such a soft way that a sob escapes my lips.

 

“You’re ugly when you cry.” he whines and I immediately open my eyes to grab the nearest thing and smack him in the face with it. He groans and pouts, “I don’t see you for weeks and this is what I get?”

 

My eyes let out even more tears as I see him. He hasn’t changed from the last time I saw him, except for his goddamn hair color which is now a shade of pink. I immediately embrace him, arms around his waist while his hands are caressing my hair. “You and your stupid hair…” I mutter against his chest. He lets out a laugh, which bring even more tears to my eyes because ugh, I missed his stupid laugh.

 

“Do you like it? Since our worlds united, EXO’s been contacting entertainment companies so we could actually debut. We found one, so I celebrated by dying my hair.” Jongin pulls away to look at my face. He wipes my cheeks of the tears I’ve been shedding with a soft smile.

 

“Seriously!?” I practically jump on him now. They’re actually gonna debut!

 

Jongin laughs once again, “Yep. And it’s all thanks to you.”

 

We stare into each other’s eyes. His are practically twinkling in happiness, and it makes me so proud of him. “Nope. If you gave up on me in the first place, I don’t think any of this would’ve happened. Thank you for not giving up on me.”

 

Jongin smiles as he leans closer. I flutter my eyes close as his lips come in contact with mine. It’s a short kiss, but it doesn’t fail to bring a smile to my face.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I know you do.”

 

“...”

 

“Fine, I guess love you too.”

 

“You guess?!”

 

 

 


 
 
AAANNNNDDD THAT'S A WRAP!
 
Thank you guys for coming this far! Especially to my beloved subscribers and those who have upvoted this story. You guys are awesome!
 
I have no words to express how thankful I am to all of you! Every single subscriber, every single story comment, every single view on this story has touched my heart so much and I just have so much love for you all! It's been quite a journey since I started, having to juggle out school and extracurricular activities with my writing. In the end, it was totally worth it! (Even though I left you guys on cliffhangers all the time.)
 
I will definitely be working on the Epilogue, which is Jongin's POV, and will post is as soon as I can!
 
Once again, thank you guys so much for sticking with me throughout this journey. This is actually my first chaptered fanfic that I've finished, and I'm so so proud of myself! I wouldn't have done it without you guys.
 
I will be focusing on Princess of a Fallen Planet, since I feel horrible that I've neglected it. It's been out for four years, but I still haven't finished it! :--( I probably will post some one-shots/short stories whenever I can, too!
 
If you want to talk to me/stalk me, you can either track me down here or instagram, youtube, and twitter!
 
See you all at the Epilogue! ♥
 
151008 | 6938 | 1608