chapter 5

Imaginary Friend

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!!"

I groan, turning my body to another direction. "Why are you up so early?"

Something heavy plops onto my body. "The sky is awake, so I'm awake!"

My eyes instantly open to scrutinize Jongin, "Did you just quote Frozen?"

The boy rolls off my body while chuckling. "Maybe. But anyway, get ready. I have something to show you."

I stretch my arms and legs out and yawn. It's a Saturday, my favorite day of the week. With a smile, I get up from my bed and head to the bathroom to get ready.

After brushing my teeth, taking a shower, and changing into khaki high waisted shorts and a white tank top, I open my laptop and check my twitter, facebook, tumblr, etc. Jongin's no where to be seen (he's probably in his room or something), and I have nothing to do but wait.

I run out of websites to check and I sit back on my chair, grunting in displeasure. He's taking such a long time. I could be sleeping right now. I could be dreaming about kissing a frog and turning in to one.

"Boo."

I jump up in my seat, surprised by the sudden breath next to my right ear. "Dammit, Jongin!"

Jongin's smile covers his face and his eyes twinkle in delight. His bright laughter takes up the room, probably even permeating happiness throughout the house.

The boy catches me glaring at him. "Come on. Laugh! It was funny!"

"No it wasn't, Kai."

"Oohhhh. You pulled the Kai card on me. I see how it is." Jongin squints his eyes, the words 'not cool' screaming from them. I shrug, then shut off my laptop.



"Where are we going?"

The words come out of my mouth for the thirteenth time today and I still haven't gotten an answer. I groan when Jongin doesn't give me an answer.

"You know, people are going to think you're talking to yourself." Jongin tries to hide his smile, but fails because the curl at the ends of his lips are visible.

I pout and cross my arms. I just want to know where I'm going! What if he's actually leading me to my death?

Thinking about what I just asked myself, I almost busted out laughing. Jongin's way too childish to be a murderer. Or maybe, that's his plan? To be way too childish so that I won't even think about him eve-

My thoughts cease as my body collides with Jongin, who suddenly stopped. Oh, so does this mean that people can bump into him too, even if they can’t see him?

"I'm visible to everyone right now, just to let you know."

Wait, what?

"You can do that?" I ask him. Really, there are so many things he didn't tell me he could do. He could've showed himself in front of Jaekyung to make her believe in my story! I remind myself to ask him about the extent of his so called ‘powers’ soon.

The boy nods, "Yeah. I just think you'd like it better if people could see who you're actually talking to instead of them believing you're schizophrenic."

"Well, suit yourself." I try to act cool, but I notice some girls checking Jongin out. It's not like I'm jealous or anything, but girls like that need to get a life. They obviously go for looks instead of personality, and that pisses me off. I mean, have some class. You're looking at a guy like you're eating him. That's gross.

"When did you even turn visible anyway?"

"When you were thinking about if I was a murderer or not." Jongin chuckles, and I almost choke. "Do you read minds, too?!"

Jongin squints his eyes at me, "No, but were you seriously thinking that?"

I don't answer his question and look away innocently. Jongin rolls his eyes at me and continues walking.

We enter into a dark alley and I can feel my hands getting clammy. I grab Jongin's arm and pull him closer to me. Ever since I was chased by some random dude, I’ve been a little paranoid of dark places. Jongin looks at me with an amused look, but doesn’t pull away.

The two of us are faced with a dead end and I begin to put the pieces together. Jongin's room is in my closet. To get there, I have to walk through a wall. I reach out to the brick wall, and my hand goes through it.

I start laughing—I don't really know why, but I do.

Jongin suddenly pushes me at the wall and I fall on all fours. My face is a few centimeters from the grass under me. The grass is a nice, vibrant green color. I look up, and instead of a dark alley, I'm in a park. The sky is a nice, light blue color and there are no clouds to be seen.

I get up and brush off some of the dirt from my knees. Jongin appears on my right side, smiling at me.

"Pushing me really wasn't necessary." I cross my arms and pout—I do this a lot when I'm trying to be angry, don't I?

The boy pokes my cheek and grins. "I just love messing with you."

I roll my eyes and flick his forehead. Jongin's jaw drops and I throw him a peace sign and quickly run the hell away. My leg's are short compared to Jongin's so he catches up with me quite fast. He grabs my arm and pulls me to his chest, bringing me into an embrace.

He's hugging me. He's freaking hugging me and I don't know what else to do except just stand there in his embrace, thinking about how warm his body is and how his breath is against my ear and how his arms are wrapped around my waist.

Jongin's hands suddenly start tickling me and I squirm in his arms. I should've known.

I laugh uncontrollably, trying to pry his hands off of mine. That, obviously, doesn't work because he's so much stronger than I will ever be. I try stomping on his foot, and he immediately starts hopping on his other. His arms are still around my waist and he trips and falls, bringing me down with him.

My head is on Jongin's chest and our legs are entangled together. His arms loosen around my waist and he grunts in pain. Our eyes meet and we just... stare. For some reason, I just can't look away, and so can't he.

"Um... Did we walk in at a wrong time?"

The two of us whip our heads to the speaker. I thought I would face one boy, but instead, I'm faced with eleven. I see Jongin's eyes widen at the corner of my eyes and I take that as a sign that he knows these guys. I immediately get off of Jongin, and awkwardly stand there.

Jongin awkwardly laughs and scratches the back of his neck. "Hey, guys."

I elbow his arm, wanting him to tell me who the hell these people were. They're all handsome as heck, and I want to know what Jongin has to do with them.

"Um, well," Jongin gestured his hands towards the group of men. "these are my friends."

"Wait. So they're your friends... does this mean this is the rest of your boy group?" I wriggle my eyebrows at him.

With a sigh, Jongin replies, "Yes, this is the rest of my 'boy group'."

 


 

You guys seriously had no idea how much fun I had while writing this chapter! Well, now EXO has come into the picture! Woo!

See you all next week♥

140418 | 5337 | 1251