chapter 6

Imaginary Friend

Jongin's friends—boy group members, as I like to say—introduce themselves to me. They're a really bright group of boys, and I know instantly that this is where Jongin belongs.

Once the name 'Luhan' slips out of one of the male's lips, I stare at him for a long time. I don't think he knows that Jaekyung is my best friend, because he seems a bit confused when his eyes lock with my death glare. I feel a hand touching my shoulder, and I look to Jongin who mouths the word 'Later.'

My shoulders deflate and I listen to the other boys, who are all so very nice to look at. They soon finish their introductions, and I open my mouth to say my name, but Jongin beats me to it.

"She's a friend." I hear him saying. I'm surprised that he didn't say that he is my imaginary friend and I am his master. Wouldn't that be the normal thing to do when you finally get someone to notice you after many years? Introduce that person to your loved ones? I throw Jongin a confused look, and he mouths the word 'Later' once again.

Jongin's friends don't seem to notice our little interaction with each other, but one of them gives me a look. I think his name is Suho.

It's not like he's glaring at me... It's more like he's just staring at me with such a judgemental face.

I think he knows Jongin and I's relationship.

I don't really get why it's a bad thing for me to hang out with my imaginary friend, but I guess this is what Jongin wants to talk about later.

The thirteen of us walk from the park to a school with, in big letters, SM High on the top of it. I turn to give a confused look at Jongin, and he just grins. We walk inside of the school (which was completely deserted because it's the weekend) and the boys enter a dance room.

Before I could walk in, Jongin yells out to s, "Hey, guys! I'm gonna show her to the bathroom real quick!" The boys mumble in response, and Jongin grabs my wrist and drags me with him.

We stop in front of the girl's bathroom and Jongin lets go of my wrist. "Sorry."

"About what?" I ask.

"I don't know... I just... I should've told you this earlier. Listen, my friends aren't like me. They completely gave up on their masters. The first time I told them that I was going to make you believe in me again, they almost kicked me out of the group."

My eyes widen, "What the hell? Is it that serious?"

Jongin nods, "I know it's really hard to understand, but it's a trait that every imaginary has. Well, except for me. Anyways, they hate their human counterparts. If they find out that you're mine, they seriously would go ballistic."

Sighing, I take Jongin's hands. "I understand."

And I really do. I mean, if Jaekyung suddenly didn't pay any attention to me and forgot I even existed, I'd be depressed. Then I would hate her.

I remember the boy named Suho and I decide to ask Jongin about him. "Does Suho know about me?"

"How did you know?" Jongin's eyes widen in confusion. I shrug, "I had the feeling."

Jongin seems to know what I meant and nods. "Let's go back."

Instead of grabbing my wrist, he intertwines his fingers in mine.

Before we go into the dance room, I stop, making Jongin turn around. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I just..." I look up into Jongin's eyes and smile, "Thanks for not giving up on me."

 

I watch Jongin's group, EXO, practice their new song for about two hours. This is the first time I've ever seen Jongin dance, and wow he's good. The rest of the members aren't so bad, either. All of them are actually fantastic.

They are exactly what I thought they would be like. Singing, rapping, and dancing, just like K-pop groups.

I hear my phone ring and I take it out of my pocket. It's Jaekyung.

"Hey! What's up?" I get up from the floor and I walk outside the room. Jongin looks at me, then nods after seeing my phone next to my ear. He then focuses his attention to the mirror to critique his own dancing.

"I was just wondering if you thought abo-"

"Prom? I told you, I don't want to go." I sigh. Jaekyung could be really persistent at times.

Jaekyung is silent on the other like and I don't have to look at her to know that she's pouting. I groan, "Alright, give me more time to think about it. The next time you ask me and I say no, there's no question about it, okay? You have a boyfriend, anyways. Why do you need me there?"

"It won't be the same without you! Come on, this is our second-to-last year in high school." Jaekyung pleads.

"Emphasis on second-to-last. Give me some time to think about it. It's in two weeks, right?"

"Yea. You better give me an answer next week!"

I laugh and tell her ok. We extend our conversation, talking about other stuff like finals and when we should hang out. After about five minutes, we say our goodbyes and hang up.

I walk back into the dance room to see the boys on the floor, breathing heavily. They've been practicing non-stop, and I feel bad for them. I know how they feel, me being in my school's dance group and all.

"Alright. Everybody get up and get ready!" Kris hollers after getting up himself. I walk up to Jongin, hold out my hand to him, and he takes it.

"You smell like ." I scrunch my nose up. He's covered in sweat, and I dont even think he put on deodorant.

"I try my best." Jongin puts on a lazy smile.

I let the boys go get ready. For what? I'm not really sure.

The boys leave me by myself in the dance room, going to the locker rooms to take a shower. I use this opportunity to hog the speakers and hook my phone to it.

I haven't danced since talent show, which was about three months ago. It was my dance group's last performance of the year, and we haven't had any practices since.

Scrolling down my dance playlist, I decide to put it on shuffle. I start out by choosing Lucifer by SHINee, and the wonderful music fills the room.

I dance to different songs to pass the time. I make sure I don't over-do it, since I would rather not be as sweaty as the guys were.

Fall by Justin Bieber suddenly comes on and I wait for the second verse to come on to start dancing. I start off by bringing my chest downwards while holding the hem of my shirt with my right hand. I pop my right leg in and out, then pop both of my arms out and up to my face. I bring my chest up back again by doing a slight body roll, hands still covering my face.

I bring my hands out to the right of me and turn my face towards them. My eyes widen as I see Jongin right next to me, doing the dance as well. He winks at me and I roll my eyes, but I can't contain the smile that spread on my face.

We're in our own world as we dance, and we don't notice the other boys walking in and watching us. When the song ends, they all clap and yell and do whatever. I look at Jongin, "How do yo-"

"I've seen you do that dance enough times." He shrugs. I smile, knowing the hidden meaning. He's watched me practice multiple times at school, in my room, and he's watched me on stage. I lightly punch him in the shoulder, "That's creepy."

Jongin scoffs at me, "Your smile says you like that."

An arm slings around Jongin and I's shoulders and I look up weirdly to the culprit. "Wow, Kai. I never knew you had a thing for Bieber."

The said man rolls his eyes at Chanyeol. "Blame this girl." He points his finger at me. My jaw drops, "I don't even like Justin Bieber! He's gross! I just like the dance and the song, go away."

"Alright guys, let's go!" Kris yells out. The boys head their way towards the door and I follow them with Jongin by my side. "Where are we going?"

Jongin doesn't answer my question, just like this morning. I groan and don't ask the question again.

 

I didn't really expect anything, but now that I'm here...

Damn.

 


 

Here's the dance for Fall by Justin Bieber, if you guys were wondering. I love the dance so much! I actually learned it a few months ago, and I'm still in love with it.

Anyways, I am SO sorry for this late update. I'm not going to explain everything, but let's just say that I am busy as hell. I have my World History AP test on Thursday (yes, I'm in that hell class), and I've been studying for it (actually, I'm trying to study). Two weeks ago was prom, and last week was just crazy, and this week I actually tried studying.

I'm not sure if I'm updating later this week. Friday is actually my birthday and Saturday is my birthday party. I might be able to update Sunday, but I'm not promising anything.

After that, I'll be on my regular schedule of updating every Friday! Yay!

Thanks for reading~

p.s. Is anyone looking for an editor? I can fix grammar and all that jazz. English is my first language, after all. I think being one would help me a lot in improving my writing. I'm actually more of a reader than a writer. AND it will give me more things to do! Please message me if you're in need.

 

140511 | 6134 | 1463