chapter 11

Imaginary Friend

I get home around six o’clock and the first thing I see is Jongin sitting on the living room couch. I almost freak out because my mother is in the kitchen, but I remind myself that he’s invisible to her.

 

Jongin gets up from the couch and heads towards me with a smile. I almost want to punch him for the public promposal, but I’m pretty sure my mom would send me to a mental asylum for punching the ‘air’. Instead, I just give him a glare.

 

“Honey, can you set up the table?” my mother calls from the kitchen. At this, I turn away from Jongin, hair probably flipping on his face, and walk away.

 

“Ow??” I hear Jongin whine behind me, and I smile in victory. He deserved it.



 

After dinner, I head up to my room, getting ready to kick Jongin’s . I am almost positive that he knows that I despise wearing dresses and the people from my school, but he still went ahead and asked me to prom.

 

Why did I say yes, though? I honestly don’t know, but I tell myself it’s because it was a public proposal and I didn’t want to ruin the fun of it. Yea, that’s the most believable answer.

 

I could always back out, but I already bought this goddamn dress and I already ate the goddamn delicious rose flavored macarons that Jongin got for me. Oh, and I definitely don’t want Jaekyung to kill me in my sleep when she finds out that I have changed my mind.

 

Jongin’s not anywhere in my room, so I walk into the closet and to his room after I hang up my newly bought prom dress. I silently hope that he’s in the room unlike previous times and actually prepare for the disappointment that may pass over me. I sigh in relief as my eyes spot him. He’s laying down on his bed, reading a book. One of his arms is behind his head, while the other is held up in front of his face, hands holding the book open. He seems too interested in the book to notice that I am there, so when I clear my throat, his body jumps. The book falls out of Jongin’s hands and to the floor and he stutters, “What are you doing here?”

 

He’s acting weird and it makes me curious to what that book is about. “Why? Can I not be here? And are you reading Fifty Shades of Grey or something? You almost jumped out of your bed.”

 

“Jesus, no.” he says with a disgusted face. I laugh at the way his double chin appears and how his eyebrows furrow. “What are you reading, then?”

 

I go to pick up the book from the floor, but he reaches out and grabs it before I could. “Just some stuff about the Imaginary world. Stuff that you probably would care less about.” he says nonchalantly. I raise my eyebrows at his answer, but don’t say anything. It’s probably a bunch of history, and I hate history.

 

Speaking of things I hate, the word ‘PROM’ pops up into my mind and I suddenly remember the public promposal that Jongin pulled on me at lunch earlier. Feeling the annoyance in my veins, I take a pillow from his bed and smack him on the face with it. He immediately groans and grabs the pillow that was under his head. He throws it at me, but I block it with my own pillow. “That was for earlier, asshat.”

 

Jongin rolls his eyes, knowing that I’m referring to his proposal. “You could’ve said no.”

 

“Well, I would’ve if you had asked me in private! Please, everyone who gets asked out publicly feels the pressure to say yes.” I smacked him again with the pillow and he scoffs, “Right, like you could’ve resisted my handsome face.”

 

This time, I throw the pillow at him. He catches it with ease. “You know you love me.”

 

I ignore the slight skip of my heartbeat and it’s my turn to roll my eyes, “Wow, you do have a thing for Bieber.”

 

Jongin starts to sing Baby (in a lower register, because wow Justin Bieber’s voice was high), and I immediately walk out of his room. I hear him laughing, which brings a smile on my face. He has the weirdest and most unattractive laugh, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t like it.

 

“Did you just come from the closet?” A voice interrupts my thoughts. Sanghyuk is standing by my bedroom door, arms crossed. He looks confused, and I honestly can’t think of anything to say.

 

“I, uh, yeah? Do you have a problem with that?” I ask, trying to make my voice not falter. My brother squints his eyes at me, but he doesn’t ask any further. He probably thinks I’m weird, but then again, I am weird. It’s nothing new.

 

He leaves my room after taking my 3DS charger, since he left his at his dorm. Apparently he’s on spring break. The thought reminds me that my spring break starts directly after prom. I seriously can’t wait to stay in my bed all day and not have homework.

 

I finish my homework after three hours of getting distracted. It’s almost one in the morning, and I frown at the fact that I won’t be getting that much sleep. I really should start doing my homework early.

 

Prom is eleven days, I realize as I lay down in my bed and prepare to sleep. Before I slip into dreamland, I pray that those eleven days will pass by quickly. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I can’t wait to go to prom. I just want to get this over with.

 

 


 
Hey everyone! Here's an update for ya!
 
There's about 4 chapters left of this story!! We're finally coming close to the end, and I'm super hyped up! I've planned out the next chapters and even written some parts already, so updates will come easily!
 
I've gone and edited the previous chapters to my liking and also deleted Jongin's POV in chapter 2, because I'm planning on dedicating a whole chapter of his point of view once I finish this fic! I highly recommend rereading, but you really don't have to!
 
If you want more Kim Jongin in your life, please check out my oneshot Fate. You wont regret it! ^^
 
150720 | 4027 | 964