chapter 9

Imaginary Friend

I can’t sleep.

 

 

The fact that Jongin isn’t in his room worries me, and I have no idea why.

 

I know I shouldn’t be worried, because he has his own life too.

 

Maybe I’ve gotten so used to him being around all the time. Maybe with him being gone, I’m just feeling uncomfortable with being alone.

 

Sighing, I get up from my bed. I grab a pillow and a blanket and walk into Jongin’s room once again. I place my stuff on his bed, climb on, and lay down. I’ll just wait for him to come home.

 

 

 

My eyes flutter open as I feel arms wrap around me and pick me up.

 

“Jongin? Is that you?” I say while rubbing my eyes.

 

He replies with a tired ‘yeah’ and I decide not to ask him where he’s been, because he sounds like he’s going to faint.

 

Jongin lays me in my own bed and I whisper a soft thanks. He doesn’t ask why I was sleeping in his room, but I think he knows why.

 

“Goodnight.” He says as he kisses my forehead, and I watch his hunched back as he walks to the closet.

 

I take a look at the clock. 3:27 A.M.

 

 

 

I groan as Look Here by BTS plays from my phone. Turning to my left side, I turn off the alarm and close my eyes to try to savor the time before my dad starts yelling from downstairs to wake up.

 

I hear my dad's voice after about 5 minutes and I yawn, stretching my arms and legs out. I kick my blanket off of my body and roll of the bed, letting my feet make contact with the floor. The house is cold and I rub my arms to keep me warm. I head to the bathroom, squeeze some toothpaste on my toothbrush, then brush my teeth.

 

"You really shouldn't sleep with shorts and a short sleeved shirt. It's cold outside." A voice behind me says.

 

I turn around quickly.  "Jon- Sanghyuk oppa?!" I stare at my older brother in awe. He's dressed in some jeans and a baby blue v-neck, his black hair now dyed a red-orange color. I haven't seen him since the beginning of the school year since he went off to college.

 

I attack my brother with a bear hug. "What are you doing here?!" He makes a disgusted face when he sees the foam in my mouth from the toothpaste.

 

“What, can I not be here?” Sanghyuk nudges me lightly with his shoulder, telling me to move. I make room for him, and he stands in front of the mirror, admiring himself.

 

Rolling my eyes, I kick the back of his knee. He flinches and steps out of the bathroom, out of balance. I use the opportunity to kick the door closed and lock it.

 

Sanghyuk complains that it, quote, improves his self-esteem if he looks at himself in the mirror every day. “I’m trying to channel my inner Beyonce!”

 

I mentally slam my face to the sink. Sometimes I feel like I’m the older sibling.

 

 

 

I refrain myself from going into Jongin’s room.

 

He got home at 3am last night, he’s probably sleeping. I try not to worry about what he was doing that late at night, and what he was doing is probably not even my business. He’ll tell me if he wants, but for now I’ll forget about it.

 

After brushing my teeth, I go downstairs to get some waffles from the toaster. My dad always prepares them early so I would be able to sleep longer and not worry about making breakfast. I grab two chocolate chip waffles, put them on a plate, and head upstairs to change into my uniform.

 

I get to my room and change into my uniform. Since it’s getting cold outside, I grab my black pair of over-the-knee socks and slide them onto my feet and legs. I shove the waffles down my throat. 7:20.

 

It usually takes me a whole 15 minutes to get to school on foot, but Sanghyuk oppa decided to drive me there instead. I get to school in 5 minutes; the first time in a long time getting to school before the first warning bell.

 

Jaekyung is the first one to notice me. She runs to me, closing the distance between us. “Woah. You’re actually at school on time?”

 

“Sanghyuk oppa came home yesterday.” I reply with a smile. We talk about our weekend before the warning bell rings. My first class is AP Physics, while hers is world history. We part ways, speaking a “see you at lunch!” before completely going out of each other’s sights.

 

 

 

“Jongin, I’m literally going to ing punch you next time you do that.”

 

The boy grins as I roll my eyes. He popped up while I was eating lunch, scaring the crap out of me. He takes a seat next to me and watches me eat.

 

“I’m hungry.” Jongin pouts while intently staring at the chicken nuggets and mashed potatoes that I have. I raise an eyebrow and speak quietly, not wanting people around me to think that I’m talking to myself. “Your point is?”

 

Now it’s his turn to roll his eyes, “I want some of your food.”

 

“You know, I would actually give you some if you weren’t, I don’t know, invisible to everyone but me?”

 

We have a staring contest, and I finally realize that his hair is back to brown from his blonde hair from the performance on two nights ago. What kind of idiot dyes his hair only for a performance?

 

Jongin is the first one to look away, because his stomach started making noises.He groans, then teleports himself out of the cafeteria, probably to go steal some food from a convenience store.

 

After a while, I spot Jaekyung making her way from the lunch line to the table that we share. On her tray is pepperoni pizza with garlic bread and milk. “Have you thought about it yet?”

 

I look at her with my what-the--are-you-talking-about face, then she flicks my forehead. “What the hell?”

 

“Prom! Have you thought about prom yet, you dimwit?!”

 

Groaning, I massage my forehead. “I told you I’d give you my answer next week.”

 

“Yeah, you did tell me that. LAST WEEK.” Jaekyung shakes my shoulders.

 

I sigh, “Sorry, Jaekyung. I jus-” My words are cut off when the cafeteria suddenly gets louder. I turn my head to where everyone is looking to face Jongin’s friends. What the hell are they doing here? Especially at a human school which so happens to be my school? Why are they not invisible?

 

Jongin’s friends are in their regular attire; a t-shirt, some jeans, and a zipped up jacket due to the change of weather.. I have no idea how they even got past the school gates like this, but I’m guessing it has to do with their good looks. Being handsome gives you benefits.

 

I look at EXO and notice two missing. Luhan..

 

The group stops in front of Jaekyung and I, (my best friend at this point is having a hard time breathing because of the hotness around her) and I look at them my eyebrows furrowed.

 

Baekhyun gets on top of the table I am sitting at and yells, “Here ye, here ye. A special letter has arrived for our special friend, or may I say, four special letters.” Three other boys—Chen, Chanyeol, and Sehun—get up on the table.

 

The four boys suddenly zip open their jackets to show the letters P, R, O, and M on their shirts. In that order.

 

I don’t have time to process what just happened before Jongin shows up with macarons held in a transparent box. Each macaron has a question mark on their shell.

 

“So, prom?”

 


 

HOLY . HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN?

I'd like to thank all of you guys for sticking with this story! I know I haven't updated often, but the past few months have been very hard on me. I've been buried in homework ever since school started. I'm actually supposed to be doing my homework, but I just had some inspiration and I can't let that inspiration fade, so I wrote this chapter!

Since I haven't updated in a while, I've decided to also give you guys a very special gift. I've been working on this ever since I got home from school. I actually made two versions, but I screwed up on the first version bc I'm trash but it's okay since I like the second better. SO ANYWAYS, HERE'S MY PRESENT!

YES! IT'S A TRAILER FOR IMAGINARY FRIEND MADE BY YOURS TRULY!

I really hope you like it! I neglected my school work for this guys, pls watch it! ♥

Anyways, what are your thoughts on EXO's comeback? Please comment your feels below!

150323 | 5529 | 1309

twittertumblrinstagramyoutube