chapter 8

Imaginary Friend

Jongin sighs in contempt as his body hits the soft fabric below him. "I'm so tired."

 

I roll my eyes at the boy and kick his side, "Get off my bed."

 

After the show, Jongin and I ate with his friends at a fried chicken place in celebration of their win. The boys were rowdy and if it wasn't for their good looks, we would've gotten kicked out.

 

Jongin doesn't budge when I kick him. I give up and just lay on top of him, making him groan at my weight. "You're so heavy."

 

"You're just weak." I close my eyes and pretend I'm falling asleep. Jongin calls my name several times and scoffs when I don't answer. I slightly gasp when he puts his hands on my waist and gently rolls me off of him. I feel the bed rise and open my eyes. He's gone.



 

"Honey! Wake up!" I hear my father calling me from downstairs. Groaning, I grab my pillow and put it over my head. I just want to spend my Sunday in peace.

 

Wait. It's Sunday…

 

"You're late for dance practice!"

 

"!" I roll off of my bed and onto the carpet. Thankfully, my bed isn't so far from the floor.

 

I get up quickly and run to the bathroom. After brushing my teeth and taking a quick shower, I sprint back to my room and get sweatpants and a crop top from the closet. It's been awhile since we've had practice, and I'm so excited to dance again.

 

Jongin is usually up when I am, I think. Curious, I walk through the wall and to his bedroom.

 

He isn't there.

 

Disappointment rushes through me. Of course he can't be around me all the time. He has his own life.

 

My thoughts are interrupted when my dad calls my name again. "Coming!" I run down the stairs quickly, making sure I keep my eyes on the steps so I don't trip and fall.



 

I come home from dance practice around 4:30 PM, my duffel bag around my shoulder and a taro flavored bubble tea in my left hand. I massage my middle finger on my right hand—while dancing to BTS's Boy In Luv, I jammed it on my very own leg—and I walk upstairs, wondering if Jongin is there.

 

Sure enough, Jongin is laying on my bed, holding up my Nintendo 3DS in front of his face.

 

"Do you have any other games? I've been playing this for two hours and I'm quite bored." I lay next to him and watch him converse with the people in my town. "I'm planning on buying Mario Kart this week. My cousins are obsessed with the game, and I want to defeat them."

 

Jongin doesn't respond and focuses on Animal Crossing. He groans whenever the rock he hits doesn't have money or a jewel within it. I chuckle whenever he does, because it's just unusually cute.

 

For ten minutes, we lay down together in complete silence.

 

"Ah." Jongin's lips finally move. He motions me to look at the screen, because I was too occupied by my phone. He points to the screen with a grimace, "This one's ugly."

 

"Hippeux? Ouch, man. I'm totally going to write him a letter later and tattle on you."

 

Rolling his eyes, Jongin replies, "Don't pretend like you don't think he's ugly."

 

I giggle at the boy, defeated. "Fine. I actually came up with a plan to make him move out of my town. My cousin said that not talking to him works."

 

"You are a cruel girl."

 

"But you love me for it, don't you?"



 

A sudden rise of the bed wakes me up. I don't want to open my eyes, so I just squint. It got dark outside.

 

I must've fallen asleep while watching Jongin play Animal Crossing, and according to the figure silently making it's way to my closet, he fell asleep too.

 

Once Jongin is out of sight, I shift to my other side and grab my phone. It's 7:49 PM.

 

The three hour nap I took felt like five minutes. I try to continue my nap, but the emptiness beside me is loud. It seems like I spend way too much time laying down on my bed, doing absolutely nothing but staring at Jongin.

 

Not being able to go back to sleep, I get up and stretch. My stomach growls, and I realize that I did not eat dinner yet. I run down the stairs and to the kitchen.

 

On the way to the kitchen, my mother greets me. "Just woke up?" I nod.

 

She tells me that she left dinner's leftovers in the fridge, and to microwave it for a minute. She then sets her attention on the TV, fully engrossed in the drama she's been recently watching.

 

I microwave the leftover chicken alfredo for a minute, just as instructed, and then I proceed back to my room. I call out Jongin's name—my mom was too occupied with Lee Minho that she didn't see me heat up two bowls of pasta. Jongin doesn't reply.

 

Frowning, I head towards the closet and to his secret room. He's not there.

 

For the second time today, he isn't here.

 
 

 

Hello, friends! After two months, I'm back with a shorter, but important chapter! I've had 1/3 of this written months ago, but I finally had the time and inspiration to complete this chapter today! It's currently 2:50AM... whatever.

If you read my blogs, you know that this summer has been a very busy one! I've been posting covers on Youtube, hanging out with friends, spending time with my family, etc. I've also been in California for 3 weeks, and boy, that was some heck of a ride. So many things, bad and good, happened during my stay in California.

I might be doing a blog post about my summer, but first, I have to get all my summer homework done! School starts on Monday, and I haven't even started... please pray for me. ;;

I'll see you guys at the next update! :--)

140821 | 3619 | 871