jongins pov (i)

Imaginary Friend

I’m tired of it.

 

It’s really not my personality to sit here and allow my human counterpart to not even notice me. I can’t blame her, though. This happens to everyone, I remind myself.

 

I really can’t believe it took me seven years to realize that I do not like being ignored. I’m not sure if you could even call it being ignored.

 

Once she stopped believing in me, I moved out of my room and made my way to the Imaginary world. It was definitely hard for a seven year old to separate from the one thing that he knew, but since this happened to every Imaginary out there, it wasn’t that bad. Some of the older Imaginaries created several ‘orphanages’ for kids like me to stay in until we figure things out.

 

Sneaking a glance at Kyungsoo, my roommate in this so-called-orphanage, I make sure he’s fast asleep. I want to see her. I need to see her.

 

I start a plan in my mind. I don’t care how long it will take, but I will make her notice me.



 

For the past three years, I’ve been doing little things in hope of her believing in me again. I stop her pencils and pens from sliding off her desk, I make sure she closes her drawers or doors correctly, and I carry her to bed when she falls asleep at her desk. I do so much that she starts getting suspicious.

 

The only person that found out about my plan is Suho. Not even a month after I put my plan into action, he knew about it. Somehow, he figured out where my human counterpart was and saw me tuck her in bed. It took a lot of convincing to make him not tell our other friends, but I was successful in the end.

 

“Hello? Mom?” I whip my head towards the girl I’ve been watching over for three long years as she answers her phone. Her friend, Jaekyung, give her a curious look. “Yeah. Okay. Bye.”

 

“What is it?” Jaekyung asks after the other lets out a sigh. “My mom wants me to go buy some stuff from the market. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

 

The two friends say goodbye, and I follow my master outside of the cafe. She sips the rest of her drink in one go and throws it to the nearest trash can.

 

I almost laugh at the girl’s horrible throwing skills as I realize that the cup it not going to make it. I teleport to the trash can and hit the cup so that it would go into the bin.




 

“You’re making it obvious.”

 

I jump at the voice coming from behind me before rolling my eyes, because I’m supposed to be obvious. As I turn around, I meet the face of Suho.

 

“How did you even find me?” I squint my eyes at the older. He gives me one of his brotherly smiles before resuming his talk. “I don’t see why you’re still around her.”

 

Of course he would say that. No one understands me. I sigh, and turn my head away from him and to the girl at her desk. Her straight, silky black hair travels as far her navel. I take note of her graceful movements as she massages her shoulders and her bright eyes that capture the hidden beauty in the world. She has grown well, I think with a smile on my face.

 

“She doesn’t look she has a clue, anyways.” Suho speaks again, but my gaze doesn’t falter from the girl’s body. I hear Suho chuckle, “You know, people like us usually give up trying to make our masters believe in them. Maybe you should too.”

 

I frown at the older’s words. This is the first time he has told me to give up, but he should know me better. “I don’t give up.”



 

I sit with my legs crossed on her bed. My face rests on my hand with my elbow attached to my knee as I watch the girl doing her homework.

 

Suddenly, the girl groans, realizing that she just got distracted by Twitter again. She lets out a frustrated sigh, picks up her pencil, and tries to take the history notes that she was assigned for homework.

 

She fails.

 

I laugh as she leaves the room, only to come back with some banana milk. At this point, I know what’s going through her brain. She closes her textbook after putting a bookmark between the pages she left off, searches through her Spotify playlist, and presses shuffle.

 

My favorite thing to watch her do is dance.

 

Her body moves so smoothly and her moves are so sharp, it would be hard to believe she was self-taught if not for the fact that I watched her as she began dancing.

 

She’s so cute. So undeniably cute, that it makes me want to do something super obvious that she would absolutely have to believe in my existence, but doing something too extravagant will lead her to fear. I have to be patient and take little steps.

 

She stops dancing after three songs and opens her history book. This time, she’s determined to finish her notes, which she ends up not doing. Luckily for her, she has the whole weekend to finish her homework.

 

The girl sets her pencil down onto the textbook, and I watch as the utensil rolls down the page, destination to the floor. I immediately teleport to her side, stopping the pencil once it’s on a flatter surface.

 

“That was the third time today…” I listen to her heavenly voice and smiles. Hopefully, she would get a clue soon, so she could freely talk to him, just like the old times.

 

Her eyelids have a hard time staying open. Soon enough, fatigue takes over her body and she rests her head onto her textbook. I giggle at the sight of my master, putting my left arm under her long legs and my right grabbing her shoulder. I carry her to bed, tuck her in, and kiss her forehead goodnight.

 

Soon, I tell myself. Soon.



 

I allow myself to separate from her while she’s at Jaekyung’s house to go to dance practice. We have a competition coming up in a few weeks, and I’m in charge of choreography.

 

“Are you gonna hang out with us after? We can work on the choreography together.” Lay takes the spot on the floor next to me, breathing heavily from the intense practice. I think about her, but I figure it wouldn’t hurt to spend some time with my members. “Yea, sure.”

 

After packing up our stuff, we head out to the apartment complex we were assigned to as kids. I watch Baekhyun and Chen fool around, dancing to the newest girl group songs with a smile. Kris leads us, not even fazed by the idiocy behind him.

 

I suddenly feel this throbbing in my heart. I stop, kneeling down to catch my breath again. Lay (or at least I think it’s Lay) rushes to my side and asks me questions that I can’t quite make out. Something in the back of my mind is screaming danger, and I immediately realize what’s going on.

 

Without responding to my member’s cries, I teleport away.

 

My feet move on their own, running from street to street, turning whenever my body feels is right. I see two figures at the end of the alley, and I allow myself to travel with the air.

 

I immediately tackle the mysterious man down and give him a good punch in the face when he tries to release himself from me. He squirms away in pain, mumbling wimpy apologies that make me want to punch him even more. I let out a huge sigh and turn to the victim.

 

Her eyes are wide and her hands are trembling with fear.

 

“Ummm…” she tilts her head in confusion, “Thank you… for saving me, I guess? I, um, yea.”

 

I chuckle under my breath, because she just looks so confused. My heart is pounding in my chest, because I realize that this is the first time in forever that she’s talking to me.

 

“Can you at least show yourself to me?”

 

I take a deep breath. I’ve waited for this day to come. Now that it’s here, I don’t really know how to react.

 

I allow myself to appear in front of her—it’s not like I can disobey her orders—and I take note of her eyes scanning me head to toe. We make eye contact, and I feel like I’m going to turn into a puddle of goo.



 


 

 

Hello my loves!! I'm sure you've been waiting for this for months now. Well, here it is!!!!!

This is actually part 1 of Jongin's POV. At first I was planning on writing his whole POV in one chapter, but then I realized that would be way too long. I'll have part 2 up as soon as possible!

Also, if you have any questions for me or the characters, please comment! I would love to answer your questions on a Q&A! Bonus chapter ideas would be wonderful, too. :--)

Have a wonderful day!!!!

160118 | 7426 | 1441