Chapter 7

What happens when the world ends?

It had been 6 months since the blast that devastated the world. 5 and a half months ago a new addition joined the underground survivors. Sungyeol and Xiumin became parents, the new addition being their daughter Soomi. 2 weeks ago the next newcomer appeared in the form of Kuri, Luhan and U-kwon’s little girl.

 

Things had just started to settle down underground. They had filled the place with furniture and decorations to give it a more homely feel. The 3 children, Jade and Soomi, also added to the home and family feel. What was most impressive is that even at the end of the world, through all the sadness, pain and stress, these young people found it within themselves to still love and fall in love. Alot of the group were now paired up and it turned out that the 3 children were going to have more friends to play with in the future.

 

“So T.O.P, what’s the meeting for? We already had one this week, why do we need another so soon?” Junhyung asked the leader while the other underground inhabitants were settling down in the ‘living room’ for the surprise meeting. U-kwon had Kuri sleeping in his arms while Luhan leant against his shoulder. Jade was sat playing with her favourite uncle, Sungmin. Soomi was quietly sat in Xiumin’s lap just watching the others. Hyuna was next to T.O.P feeding the resident underground pet, Mango, a leaf of lettuce. The others were all sat in groups and pairs looking towards T.O.P, waiting eagerly for him to talk.

 

“Well, in the last few months there have been various people coming to me and telling me that they want to explain or announce something. I told them that when the time was right they could do so in a group meeting. Now that there are a good few people who want to talk to the group I think now is the time for them to do so” T.O.P said loud enough to catch everyone’s attention. “Who’s going first?”

“I will. I think that it’s about time that everyone knew the truth about us” Xiumin says before clearing his throat. Sungyeol took his hand and gave it a squeeze. “The truth is that I’m not really Soomi’s father” a few of the group gasped a little other just looked surprised. “After the explosion I found Sungyeol slouched down the side of a wrecked house crying with Mango in his hands. I went over to try and calm him down and let him know he’s not alone which was when I noticed that he was very pregnant. I promised him I’d look after him and get us to safety. Then, well, we basically grew really close and dependant on each other and I fell for him, big time. Eventually when he realised that his husband wasn’t coming back he allowed himself to fall for me too”

“That’s so admirable Xiumin. You’re such an amazing person” Sunny says to him. Xiumin nodded back to say thanks.

“Now that you know the truth there is a favour we want to ask” Sungyeol said to the group. “We don’t want Soomi to know any different. We want her to think Xiumin is her father. Can you all keep this secret from her as she gets older please?” he asks and everyone agrees with a nod or reassuring smile. “Thank you” he finishes with a smile.

 

“Well, I’ll go next” Gongchan announces and takes a deep breath “I’m now official with Sunny. I’m pretty sure you all guessed anyway but we just wanted to tell you all properly” he says while Sunny grabs his hand and smiles at him.

“It’s the same for me and Junhyung” CL adds before resuming her intent staring at and playing with her and his entwined fingers.

 

Next, which shocked everybody, was that Nichkhun got up walked over to Lim Kim and kissed her full on the lips. When he pulled away he spoke.

“I want to confess to you right now. If you don’t want me it’s fine, I just want you to know how I feel” Nichkhun told the youngest sister. This was a huge surprise to everyone as Nichkhun wasn’t one for attention and was usually quiet and just observed. He was about to turn away to retake his old position when Lim Kim grabbed his face between his hands and kissed him again. Just like that a new couple was made and everyone else whooped and whistled in congratulations.

 “The next people all have the same announcement to make. Me and Hyuna are very excited about this one, because we also have the same announcement” T.O.P said with a grin. A few people around the rectangle had very surprised looks, they obviously knew. “So guys, how about we all get up and do it together at the same time” With that T.O.P, Ravi, TK and Eli all moved to the center of the rectangle, and stood between the coffee tables, that the group were sat in. The other 4 men all looked at each other, especially T.O.P in surprise. “Go on then guys, who is going to make the announcement then?”

“Well, everyone, us 4 ...” Eli said gesturing to himself and the other men in the middle “are going to be fathers” With the faces of the pregnant carriers turning red and the others all giving congratulations.

“That’s amazing. How far are you all?” Dara asked eagerly.

“I’m 6 months” Hyuna says while getting up, turning to the side and smoothing down her shirt to reveal a bulged stomach that she had been hiding so well for the past months.

“2 months” Sungmin said happily while Eli returned to sit beside him again.

“3 and a half months” J-min says quietly, as always while TK wraps his arms around her

“4 months for me” Sooyoung says looking at Ravi adoringly. He smiles at her and kisses her on the forehead.

 

The group sit for an hour or so more talking between themselves about the revelations of the meeting and to congratulate each other.

“So with the excitement over I think it’s about time we eat guys” Hyuna says before getting up, along with Sunny, Sooyoung, CL and Dara to dish out the noodles that had been cooking.

 

...   ...   ...