Chapter 3

What happens when the world ends?

After TK’s heartfelt speech of thanks and formal introductions the mood had risen and everyone was chattering with each other about their back grounds. That’s when T.O.P cleared his throat loudly to get everyone’s attention.

 

“So now we all know each other better we need to move on to talk about what our next move will be?” T.O.P announces in his deep voice.

“I think we should check above ground to see if there are any others out there. Some people might not have thought to come underground or they may be trapped like Himchan was” Eli began. Some people nodded in agreement, others looked a little dubious to the idea.

“The more people we find, the more supplies it will use up, both medical and food and water. Especially if they were trapped under the debris and are injured” Chansung said, voicing his opposing argument. Himchan turned to him and looked shocked as if he had just been slapped around the face.

“So I used up too many supplies then? You’re saying that I should have been left under the rubble?” Himchan said, clearly upset by Chansung remark. Chansung was frantically searching through his head to find words to dig himself out of the hole his comment made.

“No ... I-I just ... I didn’t mean ... It’s not” But Himchan got up and stalked off before he could finish. Chansung hung his head in embarrassment. Gongchan tutted and shook his head at him before nudging him to go after his brother. Chansung got the hint and got up in search of Himchan. Gongchan and Nichkhun gave each other a knowing smile before Nichkhun spoke.

 

“So, ignoring my pabo friend, I think some of us should go up and see if we can find anyone” Nichkhun said.

“Yeah, if there is anyone out there they deserve help. They’re probably scared and confused seen as they will have lost everything. I mean most of us are lucky enough to have kept our lover, friend or family member with us but some aren’t and the chances are that others out there have no one either” U-kwon agrees and so do many others it seems from there nods.

“The supplies shortage isn’t a problem yet and I think we should be good for quite a while. When we were out gathering there were still loads of stuff left that would keep forever. The only reason we didn’t bring it is because we couldn’t carry it” Suga explains and then a few people sigh in relief.

“I think that we should go and gather anything and everything useable that we can carry and bring it back here. It will save us having to keep going up top until we have to” Junhyung adds.

“When you say anything and everything what do you mean? Surely we just need food and medical stuff” CL asked a little confused.

“I mean food, bottled water and medical supplies but also anything else that we could use. Any intact furniture could be brought so we had somewhere to sit, eat, sleep, cook and store stuff. We could get cooking utensils, cutlery, plates, bowls and cups to cook and eat with. Bedding and blankets not only for the medical wing but to keep us warm and comfortable. Toiletries would be nice so we can keep clean and I know you carriers need certain toiletries” All the carriers and most of the dominants blushed at that. “Any clothes we can find, any size, any age as we can always adjust them to make the fit. Board games and cards would help to keep us occupied down here and keep our spirits up. I also thought it would be an idea to get some baby stuff like a crib, bottles, toys and baby and child clothes if we can find any. Luhan is already expecting and you can’t expect that no one will have children in the future” Junhyung finished his thoughts and everyone was quite shocked at how much he had obviously thought this through. CL nodded to show she understood him now.

 

“I totally agree, as far as I’m concerned, we’re gonna be here for the rest of our lives so why not make everything as nice and homely as we can” Hyuna added.

“Yeah, it’s not like we don’t have enough space down here in the biggest underground station in South Korea. There’s like 5 miles of corridors with rooms off of each side. We already have enough rooms that we call all have two rooms each to ourselves and still have loads spare” Sooyoung said to strengthen the point.

“There’s definitely enough room and supplies for more people if we find any up there” Sungmin confirmed. Just then Chansung and Himchan came back into the room holding hands with small embarrassed smiles on their faces. They went and sat back in their original position with Gongchan and Nichkhun who high fived each other before bring the other two up-to-date with the conversation. It looked like Gongchan and Nichkhun had realised the love between those two and pushed them together on purpose to get things moving.

 

“With all this said, I propose that we go above ground and move things down here until we have took everything that is usable. It may take a while but it will keep us occupied and means that we can stay down here when we’ve finished” T.O.P said to the group who nodded back.

“While we gathering stuff we can keep an eye out for others too. Kill two birds with one stone as they say” Suga suggested and T.O.P nodded to agree.

“Okay, so who is going up top then?” Hyuna asked

“How about girls, Luhan, Himchan and TK stay here? The medical sisters are of the most use here, the other sisters, TK and Himchan are still a bit bruised from the explosion and obviously Luhan shouldn’t be over doing it. Hyuna and J-min can stay down here to supervise the stuff that gets brought down and to sort out the food” Ravi suggests.

“I want to come please, I want to help” Victoria asks T.O.P who thinks about it and nods.

“I think one of us” Sunny said, referring to her and her sister “should also go because we aren’t injured and the people down here are nearly recovered. Also we could help with anyone we find up there that might be injured” T.O.P thought about it for a moment but then agreed.

“Which of you wants to come?” he asked and then Sunny volunteered herself. “Okay, that’s settled then. We start first thing tomorrow”

 

 

...   ...   ...