Chapter 10

What happens when the world ends?

“We’re coming to find you okay? We won’t be long just stay where you are and keep shouting back so that we can hear you” T.O.P shouted towards the mystery voice in the underground tunnels. They had been walking for 10 minutes and T.O.P shouted now in the hopes of being close enough to hear the other person.

“Hey, we’re here! We’re stuck in the tube car” the voice shouted followed by a few barks from the dog. T.O.P was automatically excited at the ‘we’re’ that the voice said but then realised that they probably meant him and the dog which dimmed down his excitement a little. He was about to shout to ask what tube car but then as they turned the corner of the tunnel, there it was, a massive abandoned section of the tube train.

“We’re in front of the tube car? Where abouts are you? In the front? Do you see any way to get out?” T.O.P asked the voice of the man in the tube car while he looked for possible escape routes.

“We’re can’t get into the front control room. The door’s blocked. Can you get in and unblock it?” the man’s voice asked. Again T.O.P stood and thought about it for a moment, how should they go about this? he looked at the front of the tube car. There was a window which they would have to break as there isn’t enough room to get down the sides of the tube car due to it being at angle, probably from where it derailed due to the shock wave of the explosion. But before he could even ask the opinion of the other men with him he heard the sound of shattering glass falling to the floor.

 

He turned to see that Chansung had taken a hammer to the glass already. Well, that solved that issue he supposed. Chansung gave him a sly grin before climbing into the front of the train control room.

“We got into the control room. Stand back from the door so we can clear it and get it open” T.O.P told the trapped man who shouted back an agreement. Next they got to work on moving the broken pieces of train car from in front of the door and when it was clear Eli shouted for the man to stand back before kicking the door open.

 

They made their way into the train car and all stood with their eyes wide and mouths open. There wasn’t just a man and a dog but a good few people and two dogs.

 

...   ...   ...