Chapter 1

What happens when the world ends?

“Lim Kim? Where are you? Lim Kim?! CL? Can you hear me?” A girl with long black hair shouts after she feels that the explosions have stopped. One minute her and her sisters were sat at their dining table eating kimchi rice and then in the next moment there was a series of huge explosions and everything went black. She had managed to get herself out of the rubble and was now frantically searching for her sisters, they were all she had left in the whole world.

 

“Victoria?” a small voice chokes out.

“Lim Kim? Shout again and I’ll find you” Victoria shouts scanning the wreck, that used to be her home, for movement. Then she spots a hand waving weakly from a rubble pile to her left. Victoria springs into action and begins to move the rubble.

 

After a few minutes she can see her sisters, both of them. Lim Kim is sat with tears running down her face while CL is unconscious beside her. It looks like before CL was knocked out she was wrapping her arms protectively around her younger sister from her current position. Victoria was proud that she chose to protect Lim Kim. The eldest sister bent down and quickly scanned the youngest over for injuries, there were a few cuts and bruises but nothing serious. She pulled Lim Kim up to get her moving again. As Lim Kim moved and shifted position this caused CL to stir and wake up. She looked up at her sisters in a daze before realising what had happened.

“Thank god that you’re both okay” CL said as Victoria pulled her up into an embrace. The sisters all hugged for a while before Victoria spoke again. 

“We need to get somewhere safe. From the looks of it if it’s not just us still living there is only a few others. For some reason it seems we were lucky. I know there were only a few hundred people left after the war anyway but it was comforting to know that there were still others around” she said to the younger girls.

“I think we should go underground incase there is another explosion” Lim Kim says logically. It had always amazed Victoria and CL how their sister could be so calm and logical throughout everything that had happened over the years.

“How about the underground tube system? That was where people hid during the war. If there are others alive they may go there like before” CL suggests. Both of her sisters think for a moment and then nod in agreement. The three sisters then make their way to the Seoul underground tube station.

 

~ ... ~

 

“Shhh, everything will be okay Luhan, I promise. Shhh” A boy with messy grey/blonde hair says while comforting his boyfriend who was crying into his chest. They had been out on a walk when the explosions happened and managed to take cover in a ditch to avoid the impact.

“How can everything be okay? We may be the only people still alive. I can’t do this anymore” Luhan said between sobs. He was fed up. He had lost everyone and everything that meant anything to him except for his boyfriend. He was the one who had suggested the walk because he wanted to tell his boyfriend something but now he wishes he hadn’t. Then maybe they wouldn’t still be alive in a crappy world that he was sure was going to kill them anyway. In his mind they were now just waiting for their deaths.

“I’m sure there are others too. If we go to the underground we might find people, you know like we did during the war. We will be okay because we have each other” Luhan’s boyfriend told him while the crying boy’s hair. “Come on, cheer up. Let’s change the subject to something nicer. What did you want to tell me before?” 

“It doesn’t matter anymore, U-Kwon. I don’t think we’ll live to see the outcome anyway” Luhan said bitterly. It wasn’t fair. Life wasn’t fair anymore. Why would something so good happen and then their lives become so close to being lost?

“Did you have something planned? I’ll make sure we live to see the outcome if it’s something you were so happy about” U-Kwon said to Luhan, who had finally stopped crying but now just sat with a blank and sad expression. “Come on, let’s talk and walk to the underground at the same time” U-Kwon said while pulling Luhan up so that they could start walking.

“Okay” Luhan says while beginning to walk next to U-Kwon “I didn’t plan it, it just happened. Even if we do live I’m not sure it’s fair to allow it to happen” another tear escapes and runs down Luhan’s cheek. U-Kwon sighs at his boyfriend’s sadness. He wishes he could cheer him up and make him feel better. He doesn’t want him to just give up on their lives. They have made it through so much together that, U-Kwon was positive that they could make it through anything.

“Well if you didn’t plan it then it must have shocked you. You’re a very prepared person Luhan, you plan everything. What could it be if you didn’t plan it?” U-Kwon asked his boyfriend. Luhan planned everything so this must be big. Also why wouldn’t it be fair, that makes no sense?

“I doesn’t matter anymore. Maybe if we still had some kind of sense to the world, if it wasn’t just rubble and waiting to die. Then it would matter and we could be happy, but not anymore” Luhan answered sadly but honestly.

“You’re scaring me now. Seriously, what’s wrong Luhan? Whatever it is I can help you get through it, okay. We can get through it, like always” U-Kwon said, trying to reassure his boyfriend that seemed to have slipped into some kind of sudden depression.

 

By this point they had been walking for a while and had just reached the entrance to the underground. U-Kwon helped Luhan down the broken steps and when in the underground they both huddled up against a wall. That was when Luhan finally spoke.

“Yes, we can get through this U-Kwon but the price will be too high. I don’t want this. In any other circumstance, this would be the best time of our lives but not now, not like this” Luhan spoke quietly with his head in his hands.

“It can’t be that bad surely” U-Kwon says. Suddenly Luhan looks up at him with a tear stained face and spends a couple of moments staring into his eyes before talking.

“U-Kwon, I’m Pregnant” he announces sadly.

 

~ ... ~

 

“Can you hear Chansung?” he asks his cousin. He is sure he can hear someone calling out. But after everything that has happened, it’s just as likely that he is going crazy.

“Yeah, I did Nichkhun” Chansung admitted. “It sounds like someone is shouting for help”

“Come on, let’s go check it out” Is Nichkhun’s reply.

 

Both guys then follow the sound until they find the source of the noise. Around the corner, behind what used to be the local library, was where the cries for help originated. A boy with black hair is pawing through the rubble trying to find something. Nichkhun automatically set to work helping the younger boy in moving stone and wood aside. Chansung just stared for a few moments. This was when he noticed that the boy had a nasty looking gash across his back which looked far from clean. The gash had stopped bleeding but not for long, Chansung thought, ‘if he keeps digging through the rubble it’ll reopen’. Chansung thought about trying to get the boy to stop to prevent the gash becoming worse but looking at the desperation on the boys face told him that he would stop until he had found what he was looking for. So Chansung just joined the other two guys and began to dig through the dirt and debris to.

 

~ ... ~

 

“Come on T.O.P. We need to get down to the underground tube” Said a young woman with long wavy blonde/brown hair. She was sure that her boyfriend was dawdling on purpose. She turned and looked him up and down, standing with her hands on her hips and a questioning look she sighed at him. “Why are you being so slow?”

 

Once she had turned she had realised that he was about a hundred yards behind her picking a boy up off of the floor next to the road, well what used to be a road, which they were walking along. The boy looked in pretty bad shape. He was black and blue but she couldn’t tell if that was bruising or dirt, she thought that it was probably a mix of both. She automatically hurried over to her boyfriend and the boy. Putting one arm behind his back she had her shoulder against the boy’s free side and was helping T.O.P to support the boy.

 

They headed toward the underground tunnels as they knew that was where everyone would gather in this time of need. After around 10 minutes they had made it and struggled down the steps with the unconscious boy. They had just about reached the bottom when 2 men ran over and immediately took the boy so that Hyuna and T.O.P could rest.

 

“We’ll take him to the area that we’re using as the medical wing. Did you want to come or did you want to clean-up and rest first?” said the slightly taller of the 2 men who had blonde hair. Hyuna looked to her boyfriend and the back to the men.

“We’ll clean up and rest first but can you bring us to him later when we are ready?” Hyuna asks. “I want to make sure he is okay.

“Yeah, no problem. I’m Eli by the way and this is Ravi” the man says while gesturing to the other man before looking over his shoulder and shouting “J-min!” A few moments later a girl with long dark hair comes over to them. “J-min can you show get these two settled while we get this boy to the medical wing?” J-min looked to Hyuna and T.O.P and then to the boy in Eli and Ravi’s hold, her eyes lingered on the damaged boy for a while before she nodded and gestured for the couple to follow her.

 

...   ...   ...