Chapter 21

Like Strangers

 

 

A few weeks had passed since ______ found out about Jaehyo's true feelings for her.

She was sitting in her room, having a guitar lesson with Jinyoung.

"It's been too long since our last lesson. You're getting a little rusty."

"Yah!!~"

Jinyoung chuckled.

"Let's end today's lesson, and continue next time."

She nodded and gave him his guitar so he could put it away.

While doing so, he noticed a lot of pictures around her room.

There were pictures from elementary school days, middle school, and some recent ones.

'It's always her and this guy...in every picture. Who is this guy?' he thought. "______-ah..."

"Hmm?"

"Who is he?" Jinyoung asked pointing to the boy in the picture.

She leaned over to look and giggled.

"You mean the huge dork? You don't recognize him?"

"No, should I?"' he asked.

"No...I guess no one, really, would? Unless you knew him then." she said with a smile. "That's Jaehyo Oppa."

Jinyoung's eyes went wide.

"What?!?!"

"Yep."

"NO WAY!!"

"Yes way." she said. "That's before all his fan girls."

"Wow...big change. I don't think he likes those fan girls very much."

"Of course not. That's the thing about Jaehyo Oppa, he's really a humble person. He's got a big heart, and even if he loses a game, he'll genuinely congratulate his opponent. Okay, he's not humble about his looks, cocky bastard." she laughed. "Come to think of it, he's a sore loser if I beat him in a game. That derp..."

"Is that why you love him?"

______ suddenly started choking.

'How did he...?!' she thought. "What? What are you talking about?"

"Aigoo! Clumsy person, choking on air now?!" Jinyoung teased, patting her back. "I mean, as a best friend. Is that why you love him"

'Of course he meant as a friend, Babo. Why would Jinyoungie mean it the other way?!' she thought. "Oh, um, yeah."

She nervously took a sip of her water, and sat it back down on the desk.

"More than me?" he asked.

"What?!?" she choked, spraying her water all over his face.

"I was just kidding!" he chuckled, wiping his face. "Aigoo, try swallowing first, okay? I'm lucky it was only water."

She looked at her boyfriend and then at the pictures on her desk.

'What do I do?! Jinyoungie is an amazing boyfriend. He so sweet and we have so much fun together.'

“Aish, I have to go soon.” He frowned.

“Already?!~”

“I’ve been here for 4 hours already. You didn’t notice?”

“No! It’s been that long already?!” she whined looking at her phone for the time.

“You miss me already?” Jinyoung asked leaning in for a kiss.

______ ran her fingers though his hair and kissed him back.

“Mm…can we go for a walk first?” she asked, linking her arm with his.

“We should go before the sunsets, and it’s still warm out.”

They went on a quick walk and went into the backyard, when they got back.

"Oh, you have a tree house?!" he said finally noticing it.

"Yeah...you don't want to go up there." she said.

"Why not/” he asked curiously. “Is it y trapped?!”

She giggled and playfully shoved him.

"No, you Babo, I have too many secret and embarrassing things hidden up there."

"Embarrassing things? Like what?" he asked. “Now, I’m really curious.”

Suddenly, Jaehyo came out of the tree house.

He lost his footing on the last rung of the ladder and almost did a face plant.

"Oppa, Are you okay?!" She laughed.

"Yeah, that's nice. You laugh?!"

Jinyoung looked between them.

‘So both of them, have secrets hidden up there? What kind of secrets?’

"Karma, biyatch! That's what you do to me. See, Jinyoungie, I told you there are embarrassing things up there.”

“I tripped gracefully, at least.”

“You call ME clumsy? Aigoo, Oppa. What were you doing? You look half asleep!”

“I was taking a nap, but you’re loud.”

“You took a break from your beloved Starcraft, for a nap?”

“I was coming to see you, but you weren’t home so I went to sleep. I am a human being too, you know.”

“No, I didn’t…I thought Busan was another planet in our Solar system.”

“Oh yeah…my home planet. I guess I am part alien.”

Jinyoung sighed and looked at his watch.

 

 “I have to go, I’ll see you tomorrow.” He said giving a big hug and quick kiss.

Jaehyo looked away and gritted his teeth, with his fist tightly clenched at his sides.

‘Think of something else…’ he told himself.

‘Mianhae Oppa…’ ______ thought.

Since she found out about his feelings, she had been more cautious around him and didn’t show as much affection towards Jinyoung if he was around.

After Jinyoung left, ______ turned to Jaehyo.

He looked pale, and let out a cough.

“Oppa?”

“Hmm?” he asked looking at her.

“Are you okay?” she asked, reaching up to feel his forehead. “You’re burning up!”

“It’s nothing...” he said.

“Liar, you’re sick aren’t you!”

“No!”

“You at lying…”

“It’s nothing…I just haven’t eaten anything since breakfast.”

______ glared at him.

“Come in, I’ll make you samgyetang, so you’ll feel better.” She said.

“______-ah, you don’t have to. I just have to go home to rest. I’ll be fine in the morning.” He insisted.

“Is that what you did during the year that we weren’t speaking?”

“It worked fine.”

“No way, I’m not taking that chance. Come on.” She said pulling him into the house. “My parents went to visit a relative, so they won’t be back for a while.”

Jaehyo sighed.

‘Why does she have to be so amazing? Why am I so weak that I fall even harder for her, every time I see her.’ he thought.

“Tell me the truth, you didn’t trip earlier did you? You almost fainted.” She scolded, giving him a stern glare. “Why are you so stupid?! Don’t you know how much you mean to me?! If something happened to you, I don’t know what I’d do.”

“Marry Jung Jinyoung and forget all about me.” He muttered.

“You know that will never happen. There is no way that I could ever forget about my first love.”

Jaehyo just stared at her, wide-eyed.

“Love? You said it was a crush!”

“Okay, let’s see what I have.” She said quickly changing the subject. ‘Babo! Why did I blurt that out?’

She went over to the refrigerator and took a peek inside.

“______-ah…” he said softly. “Don’t change the subject.”

“What do mean?” She asked. “Ooh, it looks like I have everything that I need to make samgyetang! It’s a good thing I went to the store yesterday, huh? Go lay down and I’ll bring it to you when it’s ready okay?

Jaehyo just sat there, watching closely, as she cooked for him.

"Hmm...How about some cucumbers to go with it?" she teased

"Yah, I thought you were trying to make me feel better, not murder me."

"You won't die from it."

"How do you know?! I might? Could you easily replace me?"

"Impossible..." she said softly,"…you, Jaehyo Oppa, are one of a kind."

He smiled at that.

After she finished cooking she poured him a bowl.

“Eat up, so you can get better, okay?”

"______-ah?"

"Hmm?! What is it Oppa?"

"You never told me what it was that you liked about me."

"Everything..." she said softly."I like everything about you"

"Even the nerdiness, and the stuttering?"

"Yeah, the stuttering was cute."

'Naeun told me to change that...' he thought.

"Can I ask you something Oppa?"

"Yeah, anything..." he said softly.

She pointed to his chest.

"The ring..."

Jaehyo reached into his shirt and pulled it out.

"This ring?"

"Mhm, I always wondered, why do you keep it like that?"

"I told you, I made this ring special for you."

She nodded.

"I know that much, but why do you wear it on a chain like that? Why do you always have it?"

"Sentimental reasons..." he said.

"Meaning what?" she asked.

‘Meaning, I lied when I said it was a friendship ring. I chickened out. If I told you the truth, we would have become more than friends. If you only knew...how I really feel.’ He thought. "It meant something more to me, than I made it out to be."

‘Of course, he won’t admit it to me.’ She thought, but smiled anyway. ‘I already know…’

He finished eating and when she came back from washing the dishes, he was already falling asleep.

“What did you do, put sleeping pills in there?” he teased.

“No, derp.” She giggled. “Go to sleep.”

“Why, so you can me?” he yawned.

______ rolled her eyes.

“That’s call cheating. I won’t go that far.” She told him, but he was already asleep. ‘Then, what is this called? My heart still, mostly, belongs to this idiot. I’d say, about, fifty-five percent is still his, but the rest is Jinyoung’s. This is what confuses me the most. What do I want? How do I make a choice, without hurting them both?’

She ran to get a spare blanket and covered him with it, before she went to wash his empty soup bowl.

 

 

_______________________________________________________

How do you choose between two beautiful guys?

I would be confused too XD