Chapter 37

Like Strangers

 

 

Jaehyo glared at his new otterbox.

______ watched him, amused.

He had been glaring daggers at the inanimate object and muttered random things.

"Oppa?"

"Ne?"

"Are you having a staring contest with your phone?"

"Yes."

______ rolled her eye and shook her head.

"Aigoo, who is winning?" she teased.

He held up the phone.

"This..."

"What's the matter with you? You're glaring at the poor phone so hard, you're burn a hole right through it!"

"Well, it has NO HOLES in it!!! It needs one." Jaehyo pouted.

"Oppa..."

"All because of this otterbox...I'M GOING TO JAIL!!~~"

"Wait...what?" she laughed. "You're going to jail because of the otterbox?"

Jaeheon stared at ______.

"What is this going on about?"

"The otterbox is going to put him in jail."

"Mwo...? Babo-ya, care to explain?"

"Yes, please explain, Oppa."

"If it doesn't have a hole on it, I can't put our couple charms on it. If I can't put our couple charms on it, I can't prove my claim on you. If J can prove my claim on you, Baek Soohyun will keep trying. If Baek Soohyun keeps trying, I might have to make him into a eunuch. If I make him into a eunuch, I might as well just kill him. If I kill him, I go to jail for murder."

Jaeheon and ______ looked at each other and face palmed.

"I should NOT have asked for an explanation. That was COMPLETELY STUPID!!"

______ snickered.

"You know Jaehyo Oppa tends to overreact a little bit. By 'a little bit' I mean a whole lot. As completely outrageous as it is, he's got a point."

"Yes, with his high IQ, he figured THAT out."

"I'm just saying!!~" Jaehyo whined. "I HATE that guy, I don't care if he is being sincere. He really needs to back the hell off of MY ______."

"I'm not interested in Baek Soohyun. How many times do I have to tell you, until you can get it through your thick skull. Even Naeun thinks that it's impossible to not like him because he's so charming. Playboys, in my opinion, not such a turn on. I like real guys."

Jaeheon pointed to Jaehyo and just blinked.

"Like...this?"

"YAH, HYUNG!!"

"Yes Oppa." she giggled.

Jaeheon shrugged.

"Well, this way you will be my sister."

"Aww...I thought I already was your sister?"

"Of course!"

Jaehyo glared at Jaeheon.

"Hyung, Question?~"

"Hmm?"

The elder brother looked up.

"When are you leaving again?"

Jaeheon smacked him upside the head.

"Shut up! You know that you miss me when I leave."

"Yeah, you're my Hyung, so it's involuntary. You know, I can't exactly miss you when you're still here. You have to leave in order for me to do it right."

______ watched them and shook her head.

"I love you guys." she giggled. "You make me wish I had a sibling!~"

"Hyung will be your sibling." Jaehyo said with a smile.

Jaeheon nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, but you have to marry this mental case first. Make sure that, in your home, the walls are padded."

"YAH!!~" the couple shouted in unison.

"Jaeheon Oppa, was that a shot at me or Derp Oppa?"

"Both. I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. Now, we can have a double date."

"Ah, Jinjja?!?! Hyung, you have a girlfriend?"

"Ani."

Jaehyo sighed and turned to ______.

"Didn't he just say..."

"Mhm..." she nodded and giggled. "I think yours is a family, genetic thing."

"Hyung, how do we have a double date, if you’re flying solo?" Jaehyo asked.

"Rainbow Woori."

"Ah~ Do you know her?"

"We're dating."

Jaehyo sighed.

"Yeah, maybe in your dreams!"

"Precisely!"

"Hyung, she doesn't know that you exist."

"YAH! Hold your tongue, boy! She does too and she loves me!"

"How do you figure that?"

"Woori knows that 'Rain-nous' exists, right? I'm a hardcore 'Rain-nous'."

"Sure..." Jaehyo shook his head.

______ just stared at the two brothers.

"Well, she loves 'Rain-nous'."

"Mhm...Sure."

"Therefore, she knows that I exist and she loves me!"

Jaehyo just nodded.

"Spoken like a true Stan."

"These two..." ______ snickered. "I swear it's some kind of genetic thing. The only normal male in your family...is Abeonim."

Jaehyo and Jaeheon looked at each other.

"We're not normal?"

She shook her head.

"Not even a little bit!~" she laughed. "I'm going for some fresh air...my head is throbbing because of my crazy Oppas."

She stood up and walked out to the tree house.

“Are you two back to being…inseparable?” Jaeheon asked.

Jaehyo stood up and nodded.

“Mhm! She’s probably in the tree house.”

“Oh yeah, what do you do in that tree house? It seems like it’s full of secrets. I swear, the two of you would ALWAYS disappear into there and no one would hear from either of you for hours.”

The younger brother shrugged.

 “Well, be prepared to miss me Hyung! You won’t see me for a few hours.”

He went off to join his girlfriend in the tree house.

______ woke up next to Jaehyo.

"Did we just have in the tree house again?" she giggled.

"Apparently THIS is where we get into the mood."

Suddenly, her cell phone began to ring.

It was a number she had never seen before.

"Nugu...?"

Jaehyo peeked at the number.

"Don't answer it." he ordered.

"Wae? Do you know this number?"

"That's why I'm telling you to ignore the call." he nodded.

"Wae? Who is it?" she asked.

"I'm just saying...if you answer the call, you'll regret it."

He stood up to put on his jeans.

______ thought about it for a moment.

"It can't be Naeun, I still have her number for  reference. Who...Aaah, BAEK SOOHYUN!"

"Bark Soohyun." Jaehyo echoed. "Where the hell did that punk get your number?!"

"Why do you have him number?" ______ asked.

"Basketball. The coach made sure we had each other’s numbers, just in case."

______ sighed.

"So...how did he get MY number?"

"That's what I'd like to know. My guess...is he got it from Naeun."

______ blinked at him.

"Why would Naeun give her boyfriend my num-..." she asked, getting cut off when her phone rang again.

"Beats me! Why do they do anything?" he asked. "I know one thing on my 'To Do' list for today."

"What is that?"

"Two options, are murder him or relocation, change your name and address."

She caressed his cheek.

"Aigoo, what am I going to do with you." she giggled.

"I don't know...but it's Valentine’s Day. He might expect chocolates from you."

"I'm not giving him chocolates! I don't need more irritating Naeun moments."

"Well...there is also the fact that, it's I'm your Valentine. I have been since we were 9."

______ scoffed.

"Yeah, except for last year AND I doubt you were lonely with your MOUNTAIN of chocolates!"

"I WAS TOO!!" He protested. "I like your chocolates the most!"

"It's the same thing."

Jaehyo nodded.

"Yes, but no. They come from different places."

"The supermarkets and candy stores?"

He glared at her.

"YAH! I meant something deeper than that. Aish, can't you be romantic?!" he whined.

______ snickered.

"I know! I know!~ I was just teasing you, Oppa."

Jaehyo pointed a finger at her.

"NOT....NICE!~ Anyway, as I was saying..."

He went on and on explaining why her chocolate was better because it came directly from the heart.

'He always feels the need to elaborate on EVERYTHING!~' ______ thought.

"In short..."

"You couldn't have gone with the short version to begin with?"

"Ani. Don't interrupt me..."

"Mianhae." she grinned. 'Oppa is such a CUTE derp.'

"I'm trying to saying that yours comes from the heart. The heart chocolate taste better. Their chocolate, meaning the other girls, their chocolate comes from somewhere else. Somewhere in the lower regions. Obviously, chocolate that comes from there won't taste as good, right?"

______ just smiled and nodded.

"You, my love, are INSANE!~" she laughed. "What ARE you talking about?!"

"I'm just saying yours comes from love and theirs comes from lust because I'm so good looking. Wait...yours probably comes from lust too."

"...and he's still talking..." ______ sighed. "Aigoo, is the only time your mouth is closed, when we're kissing?"

"Ani, I don’t think my mouth is closed then."

He flashed a smirk.

“You’re going to be late for school!~”______ giggled.

“CRAP!~”

He quickly jumped up and rushed to get ready.

______ and Jaehyo got to school and they were engulfed in a swarm of girls trying to offer up their chocolates to Jaehyo.

He politely accepted them all.

'Aww...I'm going to get fat now.' he thought.

______ sighed and stared at the pile of chocolates in her boyfriend's arms.

"I so knew that would happen. How sad?"

"Wae?" he asked.

______ pouted.

"My little, forgotten, chocolate will be crushed and lost at the bottom of that missive pile!"

Jaehyo shook his head.

"Ani, Jagiya that will NEVER happen...because I'm going to eat your first! After I get this into my locker, or something."

He grinned.

"I doubt it'll fit." she giggled.

Jaehyo looked at her dumbly.

"Why not? The lockers are from floor to ceiling. I'm organized so there will be room."

"I'm not so sure."

"It's not THAT much!~"he insisted.

______ motioned in the direction of his locker.

"What about those?"

What Jaehyo saw, shocked him.

"Aigoo! Eotteokhae?! That's a lot of chocolate."

______ giggled.

"Poor Oppa is going to get fat." she teased poking his stomach.

"Quit poking my abs! You know I'm ticklish!~" he whined. "I really will be fat though. Would you still love me the same way when I'm fat?"

______ sighed.

"No, sorry."

"MWOYA?!" he shouted.

"I would love you more, because there more of you to love!~" she told him. "Oh dear god, your lame joking skills re contagious. That joke was terrible."

Jaehyo smiled.

"I didn't think it was terrible. It was cute and funny."

"You would..."

"JAEHYO OPPA!" a group of girls shouted, running over to give him more chocolates.

"Aah, kamjagiya!!~" he exclaimed, clutching his chest. 'These fan girls always seem to come out of nowhere.'

"Yah, Seo ______, excuse us!" the leader ordered. "Move aside!"

______ just stared at her.

'Oh no she did NOT just give me an order.'

"Why are you still standing there?"

"..."

"YAH, why are you ALWAYS clinging to MY Jaehyo Oppa anyway?!"

______ scoffed.

"Mwo?"

"Excuse me?! Whose Oppa?!" Jaehyo asked.

"Mine."

"Ani, I'm NOT yours! I belong to myself."

"I'm sorry, but since when is he a piece of meat?!" ______ snapped. "His not just some trophy or object that you can claim. He's a person, you don't own people."

"Oppa must feel sorry for you, which is why he lets you tag along."

Jaehyo shook his head.

"Not true. I used to think it was the other way around."

"Mwo?" ______ muttered. "Wae?"

"We were so mismatched." he said.

'I disagree...' ______ thought.

"You really are! Eww...she's not even in your league, Sunbae."

"Yeah, you're perfect and she's...not..."

"I'm a Queenka in this school, you'd look better next to me."

"NO, ME!!"

Jaehyo glared at the fan girls.

"I know, for a fact, that you girls NEVER looked twice at me before."

"Of course we did."

"Lies." he chuckled. "All I had was Seo ______ and I was glad. She's the only one that loved be for deeper reasons, not the shallow ones that you see."

"NO, I would love you more!!~~" the girl insisted.

"Anyway, Seo ______, weren't you dating that Jung Jinyoung guy?! Did you dump him to take a step up? Oppa, how do you know this won’t find another man and break your heart?"

"YAH, Don't  you have another hobby?" ______ asked. "Other than hating me and obsessing over MY man."

The girls turned their attention to ______.

"Mwo?! YOUR man?!"

______ nodded.

"Ne, that's what I said? Do I really need to repeat myself?"

"At least stop lying."

"Prove it! We want proof!"

______ held up her left hand to show the ring.

"It's a ring to show everyone that I'm his."

"Ne." Jaehyo nodded in agreement.

"I don't see why we have to prove it to everyone. It's our relationship, and we don't have to do anything. We don't have to announce it to the entire student body. We will when WE feel like it and in our own way."

"______-ah..." Jaehyo muttered. "We have nothing to prove. You girls need to let it go! What's your problem anyway?!"

"We want to know!!! We deserve to know!"

Jaehyo shook his head.

"I beg to differ." he said. "You girls have, obviously, not been listening to what ______ just said. It's our business! I'm flattered that you girls like me and all, BUT if you attack my ______, I will give you hell."

"MWO?!" the leader snapped. "You'd sacrifice your popularity and reputation for that THING?!"

"That 'THING'? She's not a 'THING', so shut the hell up! If you disrespect her, I will take offense to it, because she is a part of me."

"But WAE?!"

Jaehyo smiled.

"Simple, she's the girl that I love. What more do I need to say? I'm not saying it to be mean, I'm just saying it. Don't give me chocolates anymore, it's a waste of your time and money. Shouldn't you find someone that loves you back? Two-sided love is MUCH better. ______-ah, kaja."

He grabbed her hand and pulled her away.

"Yah, where are we going? I still had something to say!"

"Wae?! So you can rip out her hair?" he chuckled.

"Ne..."

Jaehyo lifted her hands to his lips and kissed each finger.

"Andwae, you might break your dainty little fingers." he pouted. "Your fragile, dainty, little fingers!~"

"YAH!~~" she pouted.

She smacked his chest.

"Ooh that tickles!~ You're punches are SO weak!"

"Yah, Shut up, BAMBI!~" ______ exclaimed.

"M-Mwoya?! B-B-Bam-Bambi?!?" Jaehyo stuttered. "Y-You mean like the cartoon?!"

She made her index fingers and thumbs into a viewfinder and squeezed one eye shut.

"Mhm, I SEE IT!!~" she squealed. "Long legs!~"

"Which I only have TWO of, NOT FOUR!~~"

______ ignored him and continued.

"You have huge eyes with long lashes too. It looks EXACTLY like Bambi!~"

"Shh...or I'll give you my horns! Which reminds me, I'm sure Baek Soohyun is waiting on chocolates from you."

______ scratched her head in confusion.

"Wait...what?! How the heck did you get chocolates and Soohyun from me calling you 'Bambi'?!?" she laughed.

"Well yeah, I need to show him whose boss with my deer dance."

She face-palmed.

"There's a deer dance too?!"

"You're the one that said I'm Bambi!" he pouted. "The bucks have their little battle for dominance! Some manwhore is stepping up on MY woman! He's either going to have to fight me...or just become a eunuch. I'm going for the second one. I can do research on that."

______ sighed and rubbed her temples.

"Aish, attempting to understand what goes on in your mind, is giving me a MAJOR HEADACHE!~ Stop it!~~~"

"Aww...Mianhae!~" he chuckled, kissing her hair. “Mr. Simple…BLOW YOUR MIND!!~”

“I’ll see you at lunch…Crazy Bambi.”

“Is that like a mad cow?” he teased.

“Eat your chocolates and SHHHHHH!~” she exclaimed.

“Umma made hot chocolate this morning. I had like 3 cups…”

“I know! I saw!!~” ______ laughed. “It must have just kicked in now?”

“Ne!” he nodded.

“Well…good luck in class!~” she giggled.

Jaehyo pouted.

“You’re ditching me already?”

“Mwo? No way, I was just going to give the guys their chocolates before class starts.”

At lunch ______ bumped into Soohyun.

"______-ah, Annyeong!~"

'Since when are we friends?' she thought to herself. "Annyeonghaseyo, Baek Soohyun-ssi."

"Aww...why so formal? Why didn't you answer my call either?"

______ shrugged.

"Maybe because we aren't friends?" she sighed. 'I still don't know how he got my number either...'

"I didn't get chocolates from you."

"You have a girlfriend for that." she told him. "I'm sure Naeunnie got some for you."

"But yours would taste better, right? It must be the best, right?"

Soohyun flashed his killer smile.

'Quit flirting with me you BABO!!' ______ screamed in her head. "Jaehyo Oppa said that too."

Soohyun's smiled disappeared.

"Why do you have to bring him up?"

______ rolled her eyes.

'Is this guy serious?' she thought. "Maybe because he's my boyfriend?! Is that too difficult to comprehend?"

Soohyun nodded.

"Sort of."

She held back to urge to punch him in the face, or better yet, the crotch.

"WAE?!" she snapped. "Why is it so hard to understand?"

"He's not good enough for you. He was the biggest nerd and I NEVER understood WHY you would rather hang out with him! Why would you?!"

She just shrugged.

"Why not?"

"He's a nerd."

______ nodded.

"Well OBVIOUSLY!~ I've always known that about my Oppa."

Soohyun sighed.

"So why the hell are you with him?"

"Like I said, a minute ago, 'why not?'...hmm?"

"Are you messing with me?"

"Soohyun-ssi, I know that you have feelings for me."

He nodded.

"I do."

"You are dating Son Naeun and, heaven knows, how many other women." she snapped.

"I'd dump them ALL...just for you. My feelings are sincere."

"I do not doubt that your feelings are real, but...Jaehyo Oppa means EVERYTHING to me. I will NOT give him up again. I'm sorry that can't accept your feelings."

Soohyun, stubbornly, shook his head.

"I won’t accept that!"

"You're going to have to."

______ turned to leave, but Soohyun grabbed her wrist to prevent her from going.

“Wait…”

“Aah…WAE?!?!” she growled.

“Why not me?”

“How many times do I have to tell you?! You have a girlfr--….”

______ got cut off, when he pressed his lips to hers.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________

 

MWOYA?!?! O_o OH NO!!~~ What the...GRRRRRRRR..

 

 

 PS: With all the crap that is going on around BLOCK B right now. I'll always be a hardcore BBC.

My heart aches for them...my babies.

*sigh* BLOCK B SARANGHAE!

Baby PyoJi, Get Well Soon.

I hope the war dies down and BLOCK B can smile, and derp again :D

BLOCK B, FIGHTING!~