Chapter 12

Like Strangers

 

 

 

“Sorry Oppa, it’s a little late for that. It was cute though.” She snickered.

“Ah-HA!” he shouted and pointed at her. “You tried to hide that laugh, but I caught it! See? I don’t fail so bad. Now back to the topic of ice skating, you can’t go.”

“Why not?!~” she whined.

“Well, first of all, you could die, and second, you could DIE!! You don’t know how to ice skate. Are you suicidal or something? Don’t you remember the last time we tried?”

 

----------------Flashback---------------------------------------------------------

 

Jaehyo and ______ were 14 and he was trying to teach her how to rollerblade.

“But Oppa, I want to try it out on the ice.”

“You can’t even walk on flat ground without tripping over yourself and you want to do something that could seriously injure you? What are you a masochist? Sometimes I wonder about you. Yah, either way rollerblading or ice skating, it’s dangerous!! Either you lose your face by friction or a blade. Both options don’t sound too pretty.”

“I’m with you thought Oppa. You won’t let me get hurt right.”

“Of course not, ______-ah, I’d never let anything happen to you.”

“I trust you Oppa. I leave my life in your hands.”

“Oh, because that’s not stressing me out at all! Okay hold on, let me make a list.”

He pulled out a handheld and used the stylus to type things in.

“A list? Of what?!” she whined peeking over his shoulder to see what he added to the list.

“It’s just safety precautions. Since it’s you we bring that from normal and multiply by ten-million.”

“Yah! Quit exaggerating!~”

“It’s true! So we need safety goggles…”

“Safety goggles? Why do we need safety goggles for rollerblading?”

“Lose gravel could fly up into your eye, HELLO?!~”

“I’m not that short and I’m not going to be lying on the ground you know?!”

“Knowing you, you might be on the ground…a few times.”

“YAH!!!~” she whined, stomping her feet childishly.

“Hmm…what else? Oh yeah…We have knee pads and elbow pads, now we need a fully padded body-suit…”

“Oppa!~”

“Aigoo!~ Fine, bubble wrap will work just fine.”

“Seriously, Oppa? Seriously?”

“Okay, okay, we’ll start.”

He started his lesson and she fell down a few times.

“Aigoo, you klutz.” He laughed. “Enough already! You’re going to hurt yourself!”

“Aww… come on Oppa! We can’t give up yet! I’m getting close right?”

“Um…well…” he said avoiding her eyes.

“I really don’t I?!”

“N-No! No you don’t! Of course not!” he said. “We’ll try one more time.”

“What’s the point?” she pointed. “I’ll never get it.”

“You might! Yan, come on, let’s try it again.” He said.

______ stood up and attempted to balance herself.

She was doing well for a moment until she crashed and fell on top of Jaehyo.

 

---------------End of Flashback-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Well, at least I broke your fall.” He muttered.

“Yeah, but I fractured your ankle, chipped your tooth, and broke your glasses.”

“Well you weren’t hurt. That’s the main thing. It would’ve been worse if you got hurt instead.”

“Why would you say that?!”

“Well, my ankle healed over time. My teeth were already crooked and I got those fixed. It looks better now. As for the glasses, it could be replaced, but here’s only one, Seo ______.”

“What?”

Jaehyo looked away to hide his pink cheeks.

“What, what? I d-didn’t say anything.” He stuttered. “So…anyway, who is going with you?”

“Why do I feel like you are trying to get an invite?” ______ asked eyeing him suspiciously.

“I might be.”

“I don’t know just us and the guys.” She said and her phone started to ring. “Oh Channie!~”

“Noona!~ what are you doing?!” he said in a sing-song voice.

“Aigoo!~ You are the cutest.” She giggled. “I’m just talking to Jaehyo Oppa.”

“Oh, Jaehyo Hyung!!!~ Is he going to come skating with us?! He should…”

“Um…” she froze for moment. ‘Great, we just finished the project and I was so happy that I didn’t have to be with both guys at the same time anymore.’

“Oh, I think I just heard him invite me.” Jaehyo laughed. “Do I win?”

“Win what, you derp?” she said. ‘Great…just great.’ “No, Oppa, aren’t you busy?”

“Haven’t you heard? I have no life besides homework, sports, and video games. Since, none of my sports are in season, I am very free.”

“I guess he is coming, Channie.” She said and mouthed to Jaehyo. “I hate you.”

“Nah, you love me.”

“I-I do not!” she stammered and started to blush a bit. ‘Aish, why am I not allowed to get over you?! I have a boyfriend now, I shouldn’t be so confused like this all the time.’

“Yay! Hyung is coming too!~ I’ll see you there Noona!~”

“See you soon, Channie!”

They hung up the phone and she glared at Jaehyo.

“Do you really want to be a third wheel?”

“How would I be the 3rd wheel? Gongchan will be there, so that’s four.”

“Plus three, equal seven. That’s an odd number. You’re forever alone!~” she teased.

“Not if I steal you away a little bit. He has to learn to share you. You’re my best friend! I shared you today already. This is my time.”

“What is this? Some custody arrangement thing that I know nothing about?”

“Possibly.”

She rolled her eyes and they said goodbye to their parents before heading to the skating rink.

“Should I call the guys?” Jaehyo asked.

“Hmm…that’s six more, added to the seven we have now. That’s thirteen people. Like I said, forever alone!~ You still want to come?” she asked. ‘Please say No! Change your mind! Say no! Say no! PLEASE?!?!?!~~~’

“Yeah, of course.”

“I hate you…” she muttered and glared at him. ‘I hate the fact that I could never hate this derp.’

“You wish you hated me.”

“That’s true, I so do wish that.”

______ noticed  Jinyoung and the guys waiting at the entrance.

“DA DA DUN!~” Jaehyo sang into her ear causing her to jump. “Ready to meet your doom?”

“Ahn Jaehyo, YOU !!” she snapped causing the guys to turn towards her. “You came just to make fun of me didn’t you? Yah, Oppa!!~”

“Don’t worry, you'll be fine.” He chuckled. “I still can’t believe you agreed to go ice skating.”

"YAH!!~"

“Oh Jaehyo-ssi.” Jinyoung said.

“Jaehyo Hyung, you came!!” Gongchan said cheerfully. “You are daebak!~”

“Daebak?! No way! He is not!”

“Just a little heads up.” Jaehyo said. “Don’t let her fall on you. She fails at skating.”

“She fails at balance…period.” Jinyoung said.

______ glared daggers and them both.

“I hate you both! You .” She said. ‘Oh god, I know how much simpler life would be, if that were true. Now, why am I attracted to these guys again?!’

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________

Um...because they're pretty?! XD haha