Chapter 8

Like Strangers

 

 

 

Jinyoung came back from the bathroom.

“So, where are we now?” he said sitting back down.

Jaehyo eyed him and stood up.

“Well, we’ve done enough for today right? I’m going home.” He said. ‘Let them get a head start on that …date.’

______ just glared at him, but didn’t say a word.

“Oh, really? We’ll see you tomorrow then?” Jinyoung said.

Jaehyo just nodded and walked out.

He got home and his mother was cooking dinner in the kitchen.

“Adeul, did you just come from next door?”

He sighed in response and sat on a dining room chair.

“We have a project together.”

“You’re working together?! That’s great!~” she squealed, clapping cheerfully.

“No, it was assigned and we’re a trio.”

“Trio?”

“Yeah, another guy. The guy she likes.”

‘But she likes you…’ his mother thought.

“Umma?”

“What is it? You look like something is bugging you…”

His mother sat down next to him and lightly his hair.

“I miss ______, like crazy, but she hates me. That hurts more than anything.”

“Well, I doubt she hates you. It’s not possible for Seo ______ to ever hate you.”

“I should be happy, because there are a lot of girls that like me now but…I’m not happy. Not even close.”

“That’s because, Seo ______, she was the one person that knew everything about you. Even more than you know about yourself.”

“Then why aren’t we friends anymore?! Why doesn’t she want to talk to me?!”

He stood up and walked to his room.

“Aigoo!~ So much drama…” his mother thought and went back to making drama/

Meanwhile, ______ was having a guitar lesson when her mother got home.

“No, your fingers go here and here. Now strum!”

“Strum? What?”

Jinyoung just stared at her and shook his head.

“Aigoo!~ You don’t know what strum means? Come on! How do you expect to learn how to play? Why must you give me this impossible mission? Like this…” he said guiding her hand down the strings of the guitar.

______ looked up and saw her mother standing there with a huge smile.

“U-Umma?! When did you get here?”

“I just got home now. Yah, ______-ah? Who’s your handsome new friend?”

“Oh, Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Jung Jinyoung!~” he said and bowed to her.

“Waaa!~ He is pretty!~” her mother said causing both Jinyoung and ______ to blush.

“Umma!~” she whined.

“What? It’s true…he is very handsome.”

“Oh, Kamsahamnida!~” Jinyoung said shyly.

“______-ah, is this your boyfriend? Aigoo! You didn’t tell me that you were seeing anyone!”

“NO! He’s not! We’re not!~ We’re doing a project together!”

“Yeah there are three of us assigned to work together.”

“Where’s the third member of your group?”

“Ahn Jaehyo-ssi went home.”

“Jaehyo?”

“Umma!” ______ said standing behind Jinyoung making a big ‘X’ with her arms. “No!” she mouthed while frantically shaking her head.

 “Well you two behave yourselves…” her mother said walking to the kitchen. “Don’t do anything too dangerous.”

“See what I mean?” ______ whispered to him.

“That’s what happens when you’re a klutzilla.”

“Yah!” she laughed.

“Go refill your first aid kit and just give up on trying to learn how to play a guitar!~”

“Yah!!~ Go home already!~

______ glared and playfully pushed him.

“Tomorrow is Friday, you know?”

“Yeah, I know. You better have a great date planned for us.”

“Of course or you’ll turn around and walk away without ever considering giving me a second chance.”

“Yeah, because I’m such a picky person, right?” she said sarcastically.

“Hell yeah, so picky!~” he joked.

“You are such a flirt…did you know that?” she laughed.

“Only to you!~ So um…I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah, tomorrow.”

She gave him a quick hug causing him to turn bright pink.

He bowed and quickly left so she wouldn’t notice it.

‘Aigoo!~ My cheeks are so hot right now. I really hope she didn’t see that.’
 

Jaehyo was getting ready for school the next morning.

He let out a sigh as he reached for a chain hanging next to his mirror and put it on.

He tucked it into his shirt and headed out.

"Adeul, aren't you having breakfast today?"

"Sorry, Umma, there's no time for that."

"What do you mean there's no time?! Sit your down and have some breakfast.. Now!"

"Umma, I have go now. I've already waited too long! I should go talk to ______. I had a whole year to man up and talk to her but I didn't. If I don't do it now, I'll lose my chance."

“You’ll lose your chance? It’s not like she’s moving across the world or something.”

“But I’m just pushing her further away from me. Whenever I’m around her I seem to make her angry and she snaps at me. If I don’t do it now, when will I have the guts to?”

Jaehyo opened the door and froze when he saw Jinyoung standing outside of ______’s house.

“Why did you stop?”

“I’ve already been replaced…” he said and closed the door.

He sat down at the table.

“Adeul, what are you talking about? Replaced?”

He sighed and waited for them to leave so he wouldn’t run into them..

______ came out of her house and saw Jinyoung standing there.

“Yah, Jinyoungie, what are you doing here?”

“Waiting for you, so I could walk you to school.” He said with a smile.

______’s heart skipped a beat and she could feel the blush creeping onto her cheeks.

‘He is so cute!~’

“So, ______-ah, shall we go?” he asked holding his arm out to her.

She smiled and linked her arm with his as they walked down the street, towards school.

______ turned her head to look at him.

“Yah, Jung Jinyoung, I’m older than you.”

“Yeah I know, but only by a few months. We’re still in the same grade.”

“Shouldn’t you call me ‘Noona’? Junghwan, Sunwoo, and Channie do.”

“Why would I call you Noona? I can’t be attracted to my noona. I don’t see you as a older sister.” He said turning slightly pink. “I can’t see you as an older sister.”

______ turned even redder.

“S-so you like me?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” he asked softly. “You like me too…right?”

‘Aigoo!~ How can I not fall for him?! Jaehyo Oppa still takes up a huge portion of my heart but…Jinyoungie is definitely in there too.’ She thought. “Yeah, I like you too.”

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________

Aww Jung Jinyoungie!!!~ Why so cute?!~~ ♥♥