Chapter 34

Like Strangers

 

 

 

“YAH! I want to kill him!”

"Oppa...it's nothing. You know how Baek Soohyun is. He's a jerk and has always been one."

Jaehyo sighed.

"He's not lying. I think he actually does like you."

"I felt like he was sincere, but I'm still not interested."

"I'm beginning to notice a little something here."

_____ looked at him.

"Oppa, what are you talking about?"

"He's never been faithful his girlfriend. The jerk is always talking about you in front of me. He probably does it in front of her too."

"I'm still lost..."

"______-ah, don't you see it?! I think it's written all over him! She probably knew that he likes you and her jealousy...ARGH!"

"What about your jealousy?" she sighed.

"It’s NOT jealousy, it's called hatred. There's a difference."

"And that is..."

"Which of his heads I want to rip off."

"That would be?"

"Both..."

______'s jaw dropped.

"OPPA!!!" she scolded him. "You, Jae Oppa, are neither a cold nor violent person."

"When it comes to MY _____, I definitely can, and will be."

"Anyway...how about we talk about something happier?"

A smile spread across his face.

"What is it, by the way? A video game?"

“Mwo?”

“MY PRESENT, DUH!!~~ Is it a video game?”

______ gave him a look and rolled her eyes.

"You have more video games than the arcade, you derp! You don't need any more games!"

"Says who?" he protested. "I NEED them! My life depends on it. You haven't even told me 'Saengil Chukahae’ yet today."

"What did I do at midnight?"

"It was 11:59!!~" he whined. “You owe me a BIG present."

"Nah...you don't need a present. You can wait a couple of days until Christmas."

"Nuh uh..." he pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. "Jung Jinyoung got a gift on his birthday."

"Let's have a party, just the two of us after the dinner with your parents. Maybe we can watch a movie at home."

"I thought you didn't like watching movies with me. You said I get too loud."

"Oh you'll be quiet. I'll make sure of it."

Jaehyo smirked and winked.

"Jinjja? Is that a promise?"

"YAH OPPA!! Shush! Go to class before you're late and you cry like a baby in fetal position, while listening to your beloved girl group songs." she giggled. 'At least he's not angry anymore...'

"Ppo Ppo?"

Jaehyo puckered up his lips.

"Oppa..." she blushed and looked around for any teachers or psycho fan girls.

"But...it's my birthday!~"

“Do you want me to die as your birthday present?”

“No…” he pouted. “Yah, NO ONE is allowed to touch you anyway…”

“Go to class.” She smiled shoving him in the direction of the building. “GO, before you’re late and have a panic attack.”

After school let out, ______ and Jaehyo headed home.

His mother was in the kitchen making dinner.

"Ooh Eomeonim made cucumber kimchi!!" ______ squealed, clapping her hands.

"Yah, Umma!!!~" Jaehyo whined. "Are you trying to kill me? I'm your youngest son!!"

"I made it because ______ is here, and I know she loves it."

"Eomeonim, Komawoyo!"

Jaehyo made a face.

"You can put it in front of YOU at the dinner table. I don't want it by me."

"Well...I guess we're sitting at opposite ends of the table then."

Jaehyo frowned.

A young man, Jaehyo's height walked in.

"She can sit next to me then!"

The couple turned towards the voice

"Hyung!!~"

"Jaeheon Oppa!!!~~"

______ ran to wrap her arms around him.

"______ie, you're still putting up with my baby brother? Wow, I give you credit, he's a hand-full."

"Nah, I had a little over a year off." she giggled.

Jaehyo narrowed his eyes at them.

"Hyung...you came to visit just to pick in me? You didn't miss me?"

"I missed _____...and I guess I missed you a TINY bit."

"Let go of my ______." Jaehyo pouted.

Jaeheon stepped away and stared at the two.

"MWOYA?! Are you kidding me? You two FINALLY confessed?!"

"Us two?! Wait?!?! WHAT? Hyung, you knew?"

"It was obvious. No one had to tell me."

______ and Jaehyo blushed.

"Was not!~" they shouted in unison.

"It was...but I always thought that ______ would date other guys instead."

"She has..." Jaehyo scoffed.

"I have."

"REALLY? You dated someone but you still chose THAT?!"

He pointed his finger in Jaehyo's face.

Jaehyo bit him, lightly.

"Eww.."

"Mess with me, Hyung!~ I dare you!"

JaeHeon side-eyed His younger brother.

He got Jaehyo in a headlock and nougied him.

"I'm still your older brother, Doofus!~"

"Yah, my hair!! Hyung!!~ ______-ah, help me!" Jaehyo whined.

"Aigoo..." ______ sighed. She turned away to ignore the two brothers. "Eomeonim, do you need some help with dinner?"

"Oh, thank you Sweetie."

After dinner, ______ and Jaehyo were making some popcorn to watch a movie.

______ was watching Jaehyo with his small bowl of popcorn, in the palms of his hands, picking up piece by piece with his tongue.

"Aigoo...does it taste better that way, Oppa?" she giggled.

"Shhh! I'm concentrating on the movie, but yes, want to try?" he asked holding a piece on his tongue.

"Eww..." she squealed pushing his face away. "Derp!"

"What?~ This way I don't get my hands dirty, and I don't have to go through lifting my arm up and down. It's EXHAUSTING!~" he whined.

"Aigoo...it's amazing how you can be so athletic when we're outdoors but as soon as we get inside...you're such a lazy !~"

"But you still love me!~~" he pointed out.

"It can't be helped." she sighed. "How sad…I really have no choice"

"Mhm. Yah…Are you over Jung Jinyoung yet?"

______  turned to him and caressed his cheek.

"Oppa…”

“I’m sorry…I promise to be more patient. I won’t ask again.” He smiled.

She smiled back.

“its okay, Oppa. Not completely...but It's easier than I thought. Definitely easier than ATTEMPTING to getting over you."

"Of course, because that's impossible, don’t you know that?"

"Aigoo!~” She rolled her eyes and shoved him down. “Changing the subject!!!~~ So, what did the guys give you for your birthday?"

"A headache." Jaehyo pouted, laying his head on ______'s lap. "Especially that Greasy Cucumber!"

"What did he give you?"

"What was the last thing that he gave me? You know, the thing we made good use of in the treehouse?"

______'s cheeks tinged pink at the memory.

"Oh, that..."

"Aigoo, just because we're dating now, it doesn't mean our relationship is about . If it is for some people, why not just be that and not boyfriend and girlfriend? You know?"

_____ smiled and laughed

"That's my Jae Oppa."

"What? I like women, but I'm not a manwhore."

"MWO?" she narrowed her eyes at him. "Yah, you're mine, you better not like other girls..."

"Geurae..." he chuckled kissing the palm of her hand. "That has, definitely, never been an issue for me. Seo ______ is Ahn Jaehyo's girl, I want everyone to know that."

"You already have your crazy fan-girls hunting down a girl that doesn't exist."

"Of course Aion exist! AeYeon, just doesn't exist. Honestly, it's like a combination of you and Aion."

"So they'll kill me and smash your laptop. Your choice is...which would you save first?"

"Well..."

______'s jaw dropped and she smacked his chest.

"YAH!! How could you hesitate?!?!"

"I didn't mean to!"

"Psh...let's see if your laptop can be a pillow. Hmm...can your laptop snuggle with you to stay warm on a cold winter like this? I'll let you try it, then compare the two. Starting now…"

______ stood up to leave.

He wrapped his arms around her and he clung on.

"______-ah, don't go! I'm cold right now!!~~" he whined, pulling her back down. "I can get a new laptop, I can't get a new ______!~ Metal is cold and hard. Seo ______, is warm and comfy! Come sleep with me!~"

"YAH! Weren't you the one that said our relationship isn't about ?! Byuntae!!~"

She pulled a pillow out from under his head and smacked him with it.

"ANIYA!!!~" he yelled defensively. "I just meant sleep! We've fell asleep together so many times over the years. Why are you thinking about that, hmm? Who's the 'byuntae' now?"

A couple of days later, ______ and Jaehyo were walking around a mall, just the two of them.

Jaehyo kept taking selcas of them with his iPhone.

"Wow, we sure do look good." he sighed looking through the, nearly 300, pictures that he had just taken.

______ glared at him out of the corner of her eye.

"I don't know if that's you being conceited or..."

"ANIYA! I really mean it! We have ALWAYS looked good together." he said opening a photo album on his phone.

______ looked over and smiled.

"Oppa, how did you get all of these old pictures on your phone?" she squealed.

He had pictures of them from when they were kids, to now.

"Did you forget who you're talking to?" he chuckled. "I can do ANYTHING with electronics, I'm THAT amazing."

She rolled her eyes at him.

"Psh, yeah right! Anyone can use a scanner."

Jaehyo pouted at her.

"Way to lower my self-esteem! You are SO kind!"

"It needed to be lowered...before your head explodes." she teased.

He growled, playfully and held her tight from behind.

"Watch it, Missy!"

She turned her head to kiss him.

"Saranghae!~"

He loosened his grip, surprised that she'd do that in public.

"Whoa..."

______ skipped away.

"Ooh, miniskirts!~"

He shook his head, snapping out of his trance.

"YAH! No skirts!! I don't want any guys checking you out! NO! Hell, with your luck, you'd trip and fall...BARING ALL!!~"

She smacked him in the arm.

"I would wear leggings with it...and YAH!!! I'm not THAT clumsy!"

"Want to bet?" he chuckled. "I would know, I always have to catch you, so you don't injure yourself. In the process of protecting you, I get injured instead! That is why you don't wear heels."

"YAH, look who's talking! Your legs aren’t too strong either."

"Well, from my legs up, I'm perfect. Crotch is included in that." he smirked. "My abs, back muscles, and pubic bone..."

______'s eyes widened and she looked around to check if anyone heard.

She slapped her hand over his mouth.

"Yah, Oppa!!! Shut your mouth for once..."

He stuck out his tongue and the inside of her palm.

"Mehrong!~"

"Eww! You weirdo!~ Stop being crazy. What are we going to do about Baek Soohyun?"

They just happened to be walking into the 'tools and hardware' section of the store.

Jaehyo picked up a drill.

"This might help."

"Yah! Where did this violence come from?!"

"I never even wanted to kick Jung Jinyoung's when you dated him...but I NEVER liked Baek Soohyun. I swear, he's been working on pissing me off since the day we met. Now I know why."

"Why?" she asked.

"He wants YOU!! Seriously, ______-ah, he's the reason for EVERYTHING! Which is why I might need THIS instead?"

He pointed to a chainsaw.

"You...play WAY too many video games!~ Oppa, your imagination scares me!"

Jaehyo smirked.

"I don't trust anyone with you."

"Stay away from sharp objects and power tools, alright?" she said as if talking to a Kindergartener.

"Yes, ma'am!" he saluted. "How about fire?"

She just stared at him.

"Oppa!!"

"What? You didn't say that I can't use fire...or I can use big words."

"You want to bore him to death? How cruel!~~~"

"Y-Yah~" he whined.

______ just smiled.

"We could always push him towards his girlfriend."

"I ain't helping her or him!!"

______ laughed at his sudden outburst.

"Haha, 'ain't'? Did YOU just say 'ain't'?"

"Aish! I KNOW!!!" he grumbled. "Your idea is THAT ridiculous! I'd rather make him fall out if love with you. That might be difficult too. Why would he fall out of live with you? Oh well!!! That means we can do a lot of PDA in school, especially around him. He'll back off."

______ rolled her eyes.

"You're VERY confident, hmm?"

"Of course! I get jealous." he pouted. "You're finally mine and I plan to keep you. If anyone wants to challenge my claim…ooh nail gun!”

“YAH! Finish your sentence weirdo. You are so, easily, distracted.”

“What do you mean?” He looked at her. “That was, exactly, what I meant.”

“Aigoo!!~”

______ walked behind Jaehyo and pushed him out of the store.

“Let’s go to a store with nice, soft, plushies!~~”

“I AGREE!! It’s smothering time!!~” he said in a deep voice.

______ sighed.

“What…?”

“You know…the ‘Thing’? From Fantastic Four? He says…”

“Yes, I know what he says. Oppa, that was lame and sad. I want to cry a little bit. It was THAT lame. Why are you only like this around me?”

“I know that I can be myself and you’re the one that will still love me.”

______  giggled and face-palmed.

“You are SO WEIRD!~ Now, what would you really do?”

“Challenge Baek Soohyun to a battle on Aion.” He said.

_______ started to laugh.

“Yeah right.!~”

“Yah!” he pouted.

“Oh…you were serious about that one?” she tried to stop laughing.

“YES!”

“YAH, JAE OPPA!~ Is that all I’m worth to you?”

“Of course not! I just thought, since I’m guaranteed to win…I can scare him a bit. Get it?”

“No, not really! You’re making my head hurt!~” She whined, walking away from him.

______ walked into a toy store.

“Yah! Wait up!~” he shouted following her into the store.

He back-hugged her.

She smiled.

"What is your idea of PDA anyway?" ______ asked out of curiosity.

"Nothing too big. We're, definitely, not going to start a full on make-out session in school. I don't need a detention on my record. Just little things, those make all the difference."

She picked up a pink, heart-shaped cell phone charm and a red one.

"Hmm...couples cell phone charms." she told him. "It's a small way of making it known, without blurting it to the whole school."

He smiled.

"Well, this one is from you, I should choose us something too!" he said looking through the other charms. "Oooh a red cross! That is so you! Is your first aid kit in that HUGE duffle bag-like thing?"

He pointed to her handbag.

"Yah, it's a PURSE!" She whined. "And...yes, a mini one, just in case."

"So this one is perfect for you." he chuckled. "What about for me?"

"Is there a laptop?"

"No...but there's a TOTALLY AWESOME PIKACHU!~"

She stood on her tip-toes to kiss his cheek.

"Micheosseo!~~"

"Mehrong!~"

They shopped around for a bit.

“KYAAA!!~~” a hyper boy bounced, trying to reach a toy on a shelf.

Jaehyo chuckled.

“Be careful, the corners are dangerous.” He said instinctively. “Need some help, Kiddo?”

“Hyung, that one, Pwease?” the boy said, pointing to a blue teddy bear.

Jaehyo grabbed it and handed it to him.

“Here you go.”

“KAMSAHAMNIDA HYUNG!!~~” the little boy squealed.

“Ne, now go find your Appa and don’t wander off, okay?”

“Yes Hyung!~”

______ smiled.

“Aww…My Jae Oppa has always been good with kids.”

“Of course, I want to be a good father someday. I like kids. Maybe one day?”

“Yah, we haven’t graduated from high school yet.”

“Well, we’ll graduate before Baek Soohyun does.” He snickered. “He’s a year older than us. Aish, I should’ve tutored him, huh? That way he would be far away from us! By ‘us’, I mean ‘YOU’…That bastard…”

“I know.” She giggled. “I know what you meant.”

“Stupid Bastard…”

The next day, Jaehyo came over to walk ______ to school.

She smiled and handed him his cell phone charm.

"I monogrammed our initials onto it, and I attached the other charms to it."

He gladly took it.

"The pink one has a 'J' on it."

"Mhm...that one is mine and yours is the red one with the _ on it. Make sense?"

Jaehyo's smile widened and he nodded.

"It's better than my ideas."

"Less violent too..." she giggled.

“Yah, I beg to differ!” he scolded, grabbing her hands. “Look at all these band-aids. It’s a good thing mine is red, or the blood stains would be noticeable!~”

She smacked his arm.

“Oppa!~”

"Kidding!!!~ Hehe, now it's official." He chuckled. "Kamsa!"

“Aish….I just remembered that iPhones don’t have holes for a cell phone charm!” she pouted.

“Mine does.” He smiled. “All you need is a lighter and something sharp. You can do it, easily!~….Uh…no wait…maybe YOU can’t. You need to stay away from dangerous objects. I’ll do it for you.”

He made holes in her phone case, so that they could use their couple charms.

“YAH! I’m not THAT much of a danger to myself.”

“Again…look here!~”

He held her hands.

“True…maybe you should do it.”

“I should.” He nodded and kissed her fingers. “My poor ______, don’t you realize how fragile you are? Do I really need to bubble wrap you? I can buy a huge roll of bubble wrap, if I have to.”

She stuck out her tongue at him.

‘How did you learn to do that?” she asked.

“YouTube. You can learn anything from YouTube. You know how much I love my electronics, so of course I’ll try to find ways to modify them. I’m a stylish guy too. I need to look good.”

“Yeah…NOW you are.” She giggled.

"YAH, not everyone could pull off that look..."

"Hahaha!~ I know!~ Not even you could pull of whatever that 'look' was."

"I can pull off this one though, right? Don't I look good?"

“Yes, you do. Now, let's go to school."

"To make everyone jealous?” Jaehyo chuckled.

“I wasn’t going to say that.”

“Ah…make Baek Soohyun suffer?”

______ face-palmed.

“I was just going to ignore him.”

“Aww…THAT’S no fun…” Jaehyo pouted.

______ laughed.

"Aigoo, Oppa..."

"We can go with making people jealous. You did say that I look good and those fan girls."

"YAH...do I have to smack them with this?" she asked, holding up her cell phone charm. "I'll do it. I will! Right in those plastic noses of theirs. this or my fist."

Jaehyo chuckled.

"You might hurt yourself more if you do that. You've never, actually, punched someone so...don't start with a nose. go for the eye...or something. As for Baek Soohyun, I'm aiming for, possibly, making him a eunuch."

"I'd rather have a peaceful day." she sighed. "Show the charm to the girls, okay?" 

Jaehyo smiled.

"Of course, that's what it's for."

 

 

_________________________________________________________

Jaehyo went to psycho mode haha.

Aigoo YAH, AHN JAEHYO, bi-polar much? >_<

↑↑

"Mwo?...D:"