Chapter 6

Like Strangers

 

 

 

It had been a month since school started and ______ had been spending a lot of time with Jinyoung and the rest of the B1A4 guys.

______ was sitting next to Jinyoung, while Gongchan had his head on her lap.

"Jinyoungie? What are you always writing?" she asked leaning over to sneak a peek.

Jinyoung quickly closed the book and his face started to turn red.

"Um…this is my lyric book.”

“Your lyric book?” she repeated.

“Mhm…anytime an idea comes to me; I jot it down on paper so that can arrange them into a song later."

"Jinyoungie Hyung is good at composing music." Gongchan said.

"Maybe I'll let you hear it sometime."

"So, pretty much, what Jinyoungie Hyung is trying to say is we need to get lost so that he can have ______ Noona all to himself." Baro said.

"Oh, so you heard that too? I thought it was just me." CNU said.

"Yah!! I didn't say that. How did you manage to get that from what I actually said?"

"______ Noona, what kind of guy do you like?" Gongchan asked.

Jinyoung glared at the maknae.

'Why would he ask that?'

"My ideal guy is a nice guy, someone who is smart. Someone isn't afraid to be silly and can laugh at himself." ______ said. 'I know that I just described Jaehyo Oppa. Why do I keep doing this?'

"Well...Jinyoungie, here, is quite smart."

"Yah, Lee Junghwan, am I not your Hyung?"

"And he laughs at his own fails." CNU said. "We like to because he acts like an old grandpa all the time."

“YAH!”

“Don’t ‘YAH’ me, you may be our leader, but I’m still older than you.”

“Yeah…well you look like a bear.” Jinyoung said.

“That’s your comeback?” ______ laughed. ‘How cute!~ He is too adorable!~’

“Jinyoungie Hyung is handsome too, isn’t he?”

“And that is why he’s currently in a love affair with his mirror.” Baro said.

 “YAH, Cha Sunwoo!! You’re all taking a shot at me today.”

“W-what did I do wrong?!” Gongchan whined. “I just said you’re handsome, Hyung!~”

“Mirror?” ______ said. ‘That reminds me of someone…’

She looked up and saw Jaehyo sitting across the courtyard, with his huge group of friends.

He quickly looked away.

‘Was I staring too long?! Aish…I hope she didn’t notice.’ Jaehyo thought. ‘I don’t get it. Why is she so happy with those guys? She couldn’t be happy with me?! Does she hate me that much? This is seriously killing me.’

The next morning Jaehyo was sitting at the table having breakfast.

"Jaehyo-ya..." his mother asked sitting down next to him.

He turned to look at her.

"Yeah, Umma?"

"Do you know who I haven't seen in a while?"

"Who?!"

"It's weird because she lives right next door."

"No...Never mind. Don't say it."

"What happened between you and ______?!"

"Nothing Umma! We're just not friends anymore."

"What?! Why?! That girl would do anything for you."

"Obviously that's not true. If it were we'd still be friends. I have to get to school.” He said and kissed her cheek. “Saranghae.”

“Na do, Saranghae.” She said softly watching him walk out the door. She let out a sigh. ‘Adeul, if only you realized how in love with you that girl was…or is.’

Jaehyo walked to school and saw Jinyoung standing with Gongchan.

“Jaehyo Hyung, Good Morning!~”

“Gongchan-ah, Good Morning.” He replied.

______ opened to greet, Jinyoung and Gongchan, but she saw Jaehyo there and held back.

“Oh…”

She stopped, turned around, and walked away.

“Noona!!!~ ______ Noona?...Oh…maybe she didn’t hear me.”

“Yah! Emo girl!” Jinyoung said running after her.

“Oh, Harabeoji!!!~” she squealed.

“YAH!~ What the…”

“Do I look emo to you?”

“Do I look like some old ahjussi to you?!”

“No, Omo, what anti-aging products do you use? You look so young again!~”

“Oh, you…"

“Mehrong!~” she teased sticking her tongue out at him.

Jaehyo clenched his hands into tight fist.

“I’ll see you, Gongchannie.”

“Hyung…what’s going on?” Gongchan said looking in both directions as he watched the two walk away from each other. “I’m so confused. YAH! Jinyoungie Hyung, ______ Noona, Wait for me!!!!!~”

He ran to catch up with them.

“Channie!~” ______ squealed and hugged him. “You are the cutest!~”

“Noona, what’s wrong with Jaehyo Hyung?”

“Who?”

“You know, Ahn Jaehyo, about this tall?” Gongchan said  holding his hand up to show her the height.

“I don’t know any Ahn Jaehyo.” She said walking away.

“Isn’t that the guy in our class, though?” Jinyoung asked. “The one that all the girls are going insane for.”

“Aish...” she growled through her teeth. She turned back to them with a huge smile. “NOPE! I don’t believe I know that person.”

“Weird…”

Jinyoung just shrugged and followed ______ to class.

They were sitting in their seats when Jaehyo walked in and took his seat.

“Okay, Okay. Class, settle down, please?!” the teacher said trying to get their attention. “We have a project…”

The class groaned in protest.

“Aww….NO!”

“I hate projects!”

“You’ll be working in groups of threes…”

“Oh, Jaehyo Oppa, Be in my group!!!~”

“No, Oppa, Be in mine!~”

“Nuh uh! He’s in my group.”

“These groups have already been assigned at random. There will be no changes to the groupings.” The teacher said.

“Look under your chair, there should be a number there. Whoever has that same number is your group member.”

All the students reached under their seats to pull out the number.

“I got a 2!~” one of Jaehyo’s groupies squealed.

“I got a 3, Oppa, what did you get?”

“Neither one of those…” He said causing the two girls to freak out.

“Aw…Oppa, why so cold?” they whined.

“I have number 1.”

He just rolled his eyes and looked around to see who had the same number.

“Oh! I have a 1!” Jinyoung said.

 ‘Oooh Jinyoungie has to work with him? As long as I’m not partners with him too, I’ll be fine.’ ______ thought and flipped over her number.

She slammed her forehead down on the table in frustration.

Her stomach started doing flips.

“How is it that I’m sitting next to you and we get the same number?”

“I hate this.”

“Why?! You don’t want to work with me?”

‘It’s not you I’m worried about…’ she thought. ‘I just don’t know if I can handle being this close to HIM, for a long period of time.’

“Now, go join your group members while I pass out the rubric.”

______ was frozen solid, she couldn’t even open to speak as Jaehyo sat next to them.

‘Out of all the students…WE had to be put together? Is this some cruel joke?’ Jaehyo thought and sighed.

“Annyeonghaseyo, we’ve never actually met before, I’m Jung Jinyoung.” Jinyoung said shaking Jaehyo’s hand.

“Annyeonghaseyo I’m Ahn Jaehyo.”

“And this...”

They spent some time awkwardly working on the project for the rest of the class period.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________

ooooh...awkward.....

I hope they don't fail the project for the inability to speak to each other haha XD