Chapter 4

Like Strangers

 

 

 

“It’s started…” ______ thought as she sat alone in her room.

It had been a 2 weeks and ______ and Jaehyo never spent time together anymore.

He was always too busy with Naeun and the new friends that she introduced him to.

“Jae Oppa, what’s going on?”

“What do you mean?” he asked while fixing his hair in the mirror.

“Quit checking yourself out for a moment and let’s talk.”

“We ARE talking…but DAMN I look handsome, don’t I?”

‘What the hell?!?!?!’ ______ thought. ‘Who the hell is this person?! This is not my Jaehyo Oppa! My Jaehyo Oppa, doesn’t own a mirror besides the one in his bathroom.’

“I know I do…” he said checking out his face in the mirror.

“Are you kidding me, right now?”

“You don’t think I’m handsome?”

“AISH! Seriously! Who the hell are you?!”

“What do you mean?”

“PUT DOWN THE DAMN MIRROR FOR ONE SECOND.”

“Okay, sorry.” He said pushing the mirror away from him. ‘Wait…No! She’s going to start to cry…’

“You know what, never mind! Just go be with your girlfriend.”

“G-girlfriend, what girlfriend?!”

“Son Naeun, your girlfriend.”

Jaehyo started to chuckle.

“Well she’s cute but she’s not my girlfriend.”

“She’s not your girlfriend?!”

“No!”

“So you’ve been blowing me off…for what?” ______ asked.

“I…I’m sorry I just lost track of time. I’ve finally decided to go out for different sports like maybe, basketball, baseball, and maybe the track team. Should I try soccer too?”

______ rolled her eyes at him.

“You’ve always liked sports. I think you’d be good at it.”

“Really? Do you think I should? I mean, I have better, upper body strength then lower, but I could work on that. Oh, I got something for you.”

“What is it?”

“It’s a best friends forever, ring.”

______ looked down at the ring in her hand and smiled.

It was hard to stay mad at him when he could be so adorable.

“You better not lose it. I had it made special for you.” He said. “D-do you like it?”


“Yeah, I love it.” She giggled and threw her arms around him, hugging him tight. “Thank you, Jae Oppa.”

Jaehyo smiled and hugged her back.

They spent the rest of the night doing the usual things.

Everything was back to normal.

It felt perfect like it always did before.

Jaehyo was becoming even more distant while preparing for his tryouts.

______ sat in her room playing with her ring.

“How can I love someone who just ditches me like this? Best friends forever…that’s just a huge load of CRAP!”

Since they were kids, they always walked to and from school together, but now, she was always alone.

______ went to school and he wouldn’t even look at her.

“Waaaa!~ So much for ‘best friends forever’.” She mumbled as she walked to her locker.

“Unnie…” Naeun said walking over to her.

“What?! What do you want from me NOW Naeun?!”

“I wanted to apologize.”

“Why? What’s the point of apologizing to me?! You stabbed me in the back and expect forgiveness. Don’t hold your breath.” ______ said. “I don’t want to ever speak to you again. You were the one person I told about my crush and you hurt me, intentionally.”

“I’m sorry…”

“Sorry, doesn’t cut it!!”

The screaming attracted a lot of attention.

“What’s going on?” Jaehyo asked. “Naeunnie?

“I’m trying to apologize to Unnie but she’s being mean to me.”

“______-ah!”

“What?!” she snapped at him.

“What the hell is your problem?!”

“You don’t even bother to ask for my side of the story.”

“Why should I?! She’s the one in obvious pain right now and you look like the bad guy.”

“I’m the bad guy?! How am I the bad guy?! You don’t even know what happened!”

“I know enough! She’s crying right now and you’re still blowing up at her! What happened to ‘I hate bullies’?! You always said that, but you’re bullying a little girl right now.”

“B-bullying?! You think I’m bullying her?!”

“Well…it sure looks like it.”

‘I can’t believe him! He’s taking her side! Of course he would…he’s not the same person anymore.’ ______ thought. “Waaa!~ If that’s really what you think…”

“That is what I think! You’re going off on some innocent girl…because why? Are you jealous?!” Jaehyo chimed in.

He glared at her and crossed his arms over his chest.

“JEALOUS?! Jealous, of what?!”

“You’re jealous, of the fact that, I’m getting popular and I’m leaving you behind. So you blame Naeun for it. That’s low, ______.”

“Waaaa!~” ______ said fighting back the tears. “That’s really what you think?! You think I’d do this without any reason?”

“What’s your reason?! Go ahead, I’m listening.”

“No, you’re not! You’re not listening! You just believe whatever you want to believe. I can’t believe you would think that little of me! Don’t you know me better than that?!”

“Well, I thought I did.”

“I’m done here.” ______ said and turned to walk away. “You’re an .”

“Stay here…I’ll be back.” Jaehyo said running after ______. “______-ah!”

“Back off, Oppa.”

“No, what’s wrong with you?”

She turned around so he could see the tears streaming down her face.

“What’s wrong with me?! Nothing’s wrong with me.”

“W-why are you crying?”

“Why the hell wouldn’t I cry? You hurt me! I can’t believe you of all people could hurt me like that. You’ve been blowing me off and now you take her side.”

“You were snapping at her.”

“She’s the only one that was in obvious pain?!” ______ snapped at him. “You don’t think I’m in pain! You’re accusing me of being jealous of your new found popularity. You don’t think that hurts me?! I’m happy for you! Congratulations on your baseball tryouts and losing your best friend just to make new ones.”

“Losing my best friend?” he said softly. “W-what do you mean?”

“I mean…you can take this ring…” she said pulling the friendship ring off of her finger. She threw it at him hitting him in the chest. “…and give it to your girlfriend…or shove it!”

“W-what? YAH! ______-ah!”

A year later.

______ and Jaehyo had not spoken a word to each other since that day.

He was popular now and so many girls were interested in him.

Who wouldn’t be interested in him? He was the school’s Number 1 Kingka.

Girls swooned over him, fighting sit next to him in class or at lunch.

'Watching the guy that you're in love with, with another girl hurts a lot. But, watching the guy you love with a different girl every few days...now that is killing me.'

The pain got so bad that ______ tried to avoid running into him in the halls.

She walked up the stairs to get to the roof so she could just be alone.

"Why am I so pathetic?! It's been a year and he's already moved on and on and on." she sniffled walking towards the edge to feel the breeze.

"Yah! Don't jump!"

"W-what?" she said turning around to see a guy standing there with a guitar in his hands.

"You sound depressed but nothing that could possibly be worth...you taking your own life over."

"I wasn't going to jump! I just liked the breeze up here." she giggled. 'He's so gorgeous!'

“Okay…it would, actually, make me feel A LOT better if you took like ten steps back.”

“Well I’m sorry for making you feel uncomfortable.” She said stepping backward. “is that good enough for you?”

“That’s perfect!” he said giving her the ‘OK’ hand sign. “I just saved your life! The winds are strong today.”

“Oh thank you lifesaver.” She giggled.

“I’m Jung Jinyoung.” He said holding out his hand to her. “Since I didn’t let you die, maybe I could get your name?”

“Annyeonghaseyo! Life saver, Jung Jinyoung-ssi, I’m Seo ______.”

“Nice to meet you, suicidal Seo ______-ssi.”

“I’m not suicidal.” She laughed.

“Okay, if you say so.” He chuckled. ‘Waaa!~ she is so cute!~’

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

Yay! She met JINYOUNGIE!!!!!~ ^-^ ♥♥