Chapter 27

Like Strangers

 

 

They went to ______’s house and she rushed to the freezer to get ice.

Jaehyo chuckled.

“There’s no need to run, I’m going to have a black eye already.”

She turned around and glared at him.

“Tell me who did this to you.”

“I-I already told you, it was my locker. T-The c-c-corner…” he stuttered.

______ stared at him, obviously not convinced.

“Oh, so either you’re 5 inches tall, or your eyes are 7 feet from the ground. The lockers are tall.” She said, holding the bag of ice on his eye.

“You don’t believe me?”

“Not even a little bit.” She sighed, looking at his eye that was starting to bruise. “You really won’t tell me the truth?”

“I already did. The locker…”

“That’s a load of crap! Okay, I’ll let it go…for now.” She said, making eye contact. “I will get it out of you though…”

‘If you find out, you’ll get hurt.’ He thought. ‘You don’t need to get hurt. I’ve already hurt you, my trusting her, and now he’s doing the same thing. How can I tell you that? I can’t. I don’t want you to cry.’

“Is there a reason that you refuse to tell me?”

“It’s nothing.” He said with a smile. “Thank you for the ice pack, but its homework time, right now!~”

He pushed her towards the living room couch, despite her protesting.

“Yah…” she whined. “Why won’t you tell me?!”

“Oh, would you look at all that math?!”  He said. “Two chapters in one night? That’s crazy talk!~”

“Oppa!~”

“Shush!~” he said laying the book on top of her lap. “Do your homework. Now Missy!!”

He placed the pencil in her hand and picked up his own book.

______ rolled her eyes and scoffed.

“Fine!” She giggled. “You’re such a nerd.”

“I know.” He chuckled giving her a light nudge. “Put the tip of your pencil to the paper, and write.”

She playfully stuck her tongue out at him and started her homework.

The next day, she was putting her bag in her locker when she got a text from Jinyoung.

-Meet me upstairs, on the roof. We need to talk…-

Those words, nearly caused her heart to stop.

It usually meant one thing.

“Noona!~” a familiar voice called out, across the hallway.

______ turned around to look.

“Oh, Channie!~” she squealed, sliding her phone into her back pocket.

Gongchan hugged her tight.

“Noona, is Jaehyo Hyung okay?” he asked.

“Hmm? Yes, he is, why?”

She looked at him, with confusion written all over her face.

“I mean his eye!~” the boy panicked. “How is it?”

“His eye?” she repeated and gasped. “You know about it?”

“Yeah, of course! I saw what happened!”

“What did happen?” she asked curiously.

He put a finger to his lips, thinking about it for a moment.

“Hmm…well, I saw Jaehyo Hyung and Jinyoungie Hyung arguing…” he began.

______’s eyes went wide.

“Jinyoungie?!” she echoed.

“Mhm!~ Jinyoungie Hyung and Jaehyo were arguing over you.”

“Arguing over me?!?!”

“MHM!~ Then, Jaehyo Hyung said that he’d steal you from Jinyoungie Hyung, since that’s what he was accusing him of trying to do.”

“Steal me?!”

“Noona, you’re echoing everything I say!~” he chuckled.

“Oh, sorry.” She said. ‘So that’s why Jae Oppa wouldn’t tell me who did it.’

“So Jaehyo Hyung is okay? Is he taking care of his eye?”


______ smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, he has his little fan girls for that.” She muttered looking over to Jaehyo.

He was at his locker with girls surrounding him.

“Jaehyo Oppa, you’re wearing glasses today!~” one girl squealed.

“I do wear glasses…”

“We’ve never seen you wear glasses before!!!”

“Well I can’t wear my contacts, my eyes is messed up.”

“Oh, Jaehyo Sunbae, your eye!~” a girl gasped, dramatically.

“Omo, what happened?!”

“Who hurt my Oppa?! I’ll make them pay!!!”

Jaehyo sighed, closed his locker and walked away.

‘These girls…are irritating me. They freak me out…’ he thought. “Yah, Seo ______, if those girls come looking for me, tell them I moved to the country side to be a farmer, and grow fields of cucumber.”

She looked at him and snickered.

“You, grow cucumber? Hahaha, yeah right!~ You would die!” she laughed.

“That’s better!~”

“What?”

“Tell them, that I died!”

She playful shoved him away.

“Aigoo, go to class, you dork!” she teased. “I’ll see you later Channie!~”

______ headed up to the roof, where she found Jinyoung waiting.

“Jinyoungie…”

“Oh, you’re talking to me now?” he said coldly.

“Jinyoungie…I…”

"I want honesty, right now!"

"What do you mean? What do you want to know?

"You don't tell me that you love me. I thought it was just nerves, but it turns out, you just don't feel it."

"No...I..."

"Tell the truth!!" he snapped. "I love you, but you don't love me."

"Jinyoungie..."

"Don't 'Jinyoungie' me. You don't even like me. You've never, not even once, told me that you love me. I was hoping that I would hear it, but now...I know the truth. Naeun told me, everything."

"What are you talking about?! What did she tell you?! Whatever it was, she lied!!”

"Don't act like you care about me anymore! You just used me to forget about Ahn Jaehyo.”

“that’s not true!”

“Oh, so you were never in love with him?!”

______ looked down and, awkwardly, shifted her feet.

“Yes.”

“Yes, you were?! Or, Yes, you never were?”

“Yes, I loved him, okay?!” She snapped. “Yes, I wanted to get over him. But, I never used you to get over him.”

“You just admitted that you love him, so how am I supposed to believe anything you say?” He snapped.

______ looked at him and scoffed.

“Right, NO, don’t believe me! You can go ahead and believe some girl who you just met and don’t know about!” she snapped.

“She’s the one that tells me stuff. You never did.” Jinyoung retorted. “I felt so comfortable with you two being around each other…but now I don’t.”

“FINE, go ahead and believe her!” she shouted.

“According to her you were jealous of her friendship with Jaehyo-ssi, and you flirted with her boyfriend.”

______ froze in her spot.

“WHAT?!” she said. “Oh, that is hilarious. YOU BELIEVED HER?!”

“Why not?! She’s the only one being honest with me.”

“Honest?! You think that is honesty?” she snapped, looking him in the eye.

“Like I said, she gave me more honesty, than I ever got from you.”

______ glared at Jinyoung and clenched her fist at her sides.

“Believe whatever the hell you want to believe. I’m not going to bother trying to tell you what really happened. You think that I’d do something like that?!” she yelled in his face. “Really, Jinyoung?!”

“I don’t know.” He shrugged.

“Don’t you know me, at all?!?!” she said, her voice shaky from the tears threatening to fall.

She was angry and insulted that he actually believed she’d do that.

“Apparently not!” he yelled. “I realized that I know nothing about your passed, before we met.”

“Exactly!!!” ______ growled. “You know, NOTHING about it, yet you believe that I’m such a terrible person?! Fine…”

“I can’t be with you anymore…’ he said softly. “I just, can’t be with someone who doesn’t love me.”

“You think that I don’t love you?” she said, letting the tears fall. “You honestly think that I was using you this whole time?”

“I don’t know what to believe, anymore…” he said, with no feeling at all.

“So you’re done?!”

“Yeah, I’m done! I don’t want to be with someone who doesn’t love me, and can’t be honest with me. Let’s just end this, right here, right now…” he said softly.

“You’re breaking up with me?!” she snapped. “FINE, we’re done!”

______ turned and ran down the stairs.

She went to the bathroom to clean herself up, before heading off to class.

Once school ended, she just couldn’t hold it in anymore.

She was walking home with Jaehyo and just started bawling her eyes out.

“Yah...come here!" Jaehyo said pulling ______ into a hug. "What happened?"

"He said that was using him, to get over you and that he knew that I didn't really have feelings for him." she sobbed against his chest.

Jaehyo growled.

"If you didn't have feelings for him, you would cheat on him and we'd be together. If you didn't have feelings for him you wouldn't look like a raccoon right now."

"Yah!!" she whined.

Jaehyo pulled out a tissue, to dab her tears and clean up her smeared makeup.

"You're a beautiful raccoon."

"Oppa..."

"What?" he said smiling innocently. "Yah, we match. I have one black eye and you have two."

She glared at him.

"You are so funny..." she said sarcastically. "…and you still haven't told me where you got that black eye."

He wiped away her smudged eyeliner.

"Same person, you got yours from." He stated simply.

"I know..."

"You know?! How did you know?!"

"Channie told me..." she sighed. "Why didn't you hit him back"

"You would have been pissed at me." he said, as if it were obvious.

"So you just took it" she asked, earning a nod from him. "What happened?"

"Your Babo boyfriend..."

"Ex boyfriend." ______ corrected.

"Okay your, babo ex-boyfriend believed Naeun's lies just like I did. He accused me of trying to steal you from him. When did I ever do that! I planned to give you up, no matter how hard that would be. I planned to give you to him, and just bow out, silently. Then, he goes against my advice, when I tried to help him."

"You'd be able to forget me?" she asked softly.

Jaehyo looked up at her and kissed her forehead.

"Nope, I will never be able to forget you.”

 

 

__________________________________________

(TT^TT)
I made myself cry typing this up *sniffle*
Jinyoung, why so stupid?!?!