Chapter 5

Like Strangers

 

 

 

 

Jinyoung was sitting at his desk in class with his friends around him.

"Yah...do you guys know who Seo ______ is?"

"Oh! ______ Noona?! I remember she used to read to me in elementary."

"I guess I haven't met her before because we have no classes together but I met her yesterday."

As if on cue ______ walked into class, bumping into Jaehyo in the doorway.

She didn't make eye contact.

"Sorry..." she said and walked ahead of him.

Jaehyo let out a sigh and just stared at her back, unable to say a word.

'She won't even look at me.' he thought. 'Fine...the ignoring game continues.'

"Oh, it's my lifesaver!!"

"Ooh...I want candy now!~" Gongchan said in a cute voice.

"Suicidal girl!"

"Yah! I am not...I just like the breeze!"

‘Suicidal Girl?’ Jaehyo thought as he took a seat.

“Channie, I got a lollipop for you.”

“Yay! Noona, you’re the best!”

Jinyoung introduced her to the rest of the guys before they went off to class.

“Bye Noona!”

“Annyeonghaseyo! It was nice to meet you guys.”

“But you know me Noona!~” Gongchan said. “Are you meeting me again? It’s nice to meet you too!”

“Aigoo!~ You are too cute!”

‘I haven’t seen her smile but she smiles for them? She must really hate me.’

“This is pretty cool, we have a class together.’ Jinyoung said. “Stay away from window seats, we’re on the third floor.’

“YAH! I was not trying to jump!”

“I know…I just wanted to make fun of you.” He said with a smile.

______ started to turn slightly red.

‘He has amazing eyes.’ She thought.

Jaehyo rolled his eyes at the scene in front of him.

‘Who the hell is this guy?! Who does he think he is…to flirt with ______?! Is she…she’s blushing too?!?!?!’

(ooooh someone is jealous? XD)

A few girls walked in and started to squeal.

“JAEHYO OPPA!!!!~”

“Waaaa!~ They are so loud.” Jinyoung whined covering his ears.

“It’s annoying…” ______ said watching the girls fight over who would sit next to him.

‘______ has always sat next to me.’ Jaehyo thought. ‘…but now, she’s all the way over there.’

He didn’t say a word to the girls and just let them decide amongst themselves.

______ just stared at Jaehyo and sighed sadly.

‘He’s not a piece of meat…’

“Yah…are you okay?” Jinyoung asked. “Aigoo! You’re not going all emo on me again are you? Everyone lock the windows and hide all the sharp objects!~ I’ll move this to my other side too.”

He pushed his guitar case to his side, farthest from her.

______ could help but laugh.

‘He is just too adorable.’ She thought. “Yah! I’m not emo! How would I kill myself with a guitar anyway?”

“The strings…hello?!” he teased.

“YAH!~” she giggled as she pulled a pen and notebook out of her bag. “Oh, are these dangerous too?”

“Of course! Paper cuts from the notebook and terrible hand cramps from the pen…or carpal tunnel.” He said playfully.

“Oh yeah…so deadly.” She said sarcastically and took a sip of her water.

“Come on, have you ever had a paper cut? Those little buggers hurt like hell!~ Maybe you’d get angry and give yourself a paper cut?”

She started to laugh and choked on her water.

“Yah! You’re supposed to be saving my life, not trying to drown me!” she laughed. ‘Aigoo, I haven’t laughed like this since…Jaehyo Oppa. It’s nice to laugh again.’

“Oh, sorry.” Jinyoung laughed.

Jaehyo listened to them talk the whole class and when the bell rang he quickly made sure to be the first one out of class.

She just watched him walk out.

Jinyoung took his phone out of his pocket.

-Hyung!!~~~ Ask Noona if she’ll have lunch with us!!~ ^^-

-Ask her! Ask her! Ask her!!~ Please?!?!~-

‘Aigoo, Gong Chansik…I knew I felt my phone vibrate a couple of times during class.’ Jinyoung thought. “So um…what are you doing for lunch today?”

“Nothing really, why?”

“Gongchan…wants you to come and hang out with us for lunch.”

“Well…if Channie asked then sure.” She giggled.

“What if I asked?”

“You’d try to take away my chopsticks.”

“True…you could use those for weapons.” He said, nodding his head while he looked like her was deep in thought.

“YAH!” she giggled and playfully smacked his arm.

“Kidding! KIDDING!~” he laughed.

Meanwhile, Gongchan was getting antsy.

"Ooh! I wonder if Jinyoung Hyung is bringing ______ Noona with him!"

“Probably, I think Jinyoungie Hyung likes her!~" Sandeul said in a sing-song voice.

"Yeah! Did you see the way he smiled and lit up when we were talking about her and she just suddenly walked into the class?" Baro said.

“Hmm…that was pretty cool. He probably flirted with her all class long. How did they get any work done? It’s a good thing it was the first class.” CNU chuckled

"Yah! What are you talking about?" Jinyoung asked coming over to the table.

"N-nothing!" they all said in unison.

"Mhm...I bet."

"Aww...where's Noona?! Is she not coming?!" Gongchan asked and his face fell into a pout. "Did you tell her that I asked?"

"Yep!"

"Then why didn't she come?!" the maknae whined. "What did you do, Hyung?! What did you do?!"

"Annyeonghaseyo!~" ______ said cheerfully waving to them.

"Noona, you came!~"

"Ahem!" Jinyoung coughed to clear his throat. "You were saying something, maknae?"

“Oh, was I? I don’t remember.” Gongchan said with one of his adorable eye smiles.

“JAEHYO OPPA!!!!~” a group of girls squealed.

“There they go again…” Jinyoung muttered.

“Just ignore them…I do.” ______ said.

“______ Noona? is that really Jaehyo Hyung?” Gongchan whispered so only she could hear.

“I honestly don’t know, who that person is.” She said softly. ‘I can’t help but miss my Jae Oppa whenever I look at that person though.’

“Uh oh, someone’s got that emo look on her face again.”

“Yah!”

“But Noona is a happy person.” Gongchan said looking confused.

“Aww….Channie. He’s just teasing me.” ______ said with a smile. “See, I’m a happy person!!”

‘I love it when she smiles. Why do I enjoy messing with her so much?’ Jinyoung thought.

 

 

___________________________________________________

hmmm...Jinnie I wonder why....XD haha