Chapter 19

Like Strangers

 

 

______ was sitting with Block B, before classes started, which all of the girls hated.

Jaehyo's fan girls were getting jealous and huffy.

A group of girls came over.

"Jaehyo Oppa...why does she get to sit with you? I want to sit with you too!!~" one girl whined.

"Me too!!"

"No, ME!!"

Jaehyo sighed.

"Sorry, but the table is full." he said.

"Seo ______ can stand up." A girl said coldly.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, are you deaf or something?" the girl said. "Get up, so I can sit next to Oppa."

"I heard you, perfectly, but why the he'll should I have to stand up because you're being a whiny brat. When did Jaehyo Oppa become a piece of meat, to fight over like wild animals?!" ______ snapped. 'How dare they...'

"Aish, you hard headed Babo! Get your up and leave." another girl demanded.

"You really have no right, to call him 'Oppa', you're nothing."

"YAH!" Jaehyo growled. "Who are you, to say that to her?! Did I give YOU permission to call me 'Oppa'?!?! I don't remember ever asking you to."

The girls stared at him, speechless.

"Whoa..." Zico whispered.

All of Block B, sat there, completely shocked by Jaehyo's sudden outburst.

"She CAN call me 'Oppa', all she wants. If you disrespect my best friend, you're disrespecting me too. What right do you have to snap at her and tell her to get up?"

"She's a ! She has a boyfriend and she's here flirting with you!"

"What flirting?!" he snapped. "We're talking and laughing and that means me must be flirting?! That's crap. You crossed the line. All of you get lost!"

"But...but..."

Jaehyo glared at them.

"NOW!" he snapped.

They squeaked and scurried off.

"Well damn..." Kyung said. "I'd take one of them. Aw Hyung, why'd you have to go and scare them off, like that? Yah, girls, wait for me!!~~~"

He took off after them.

"Greasy cucumber, he has absolutely no standards when it comes to girls." Jaehyo scoffed. "That's Park Kyung for you."

"Mhm..." Zico sighed.

______ stared at Jaehyo.

"Oppa..."

"W-What?" he stuttered. "W-Why are you staring me like that?"

She smiled.

P.O. leaned over to Taeil and whispered to him.

"Oooh, I think Jaehyo Hyung and ______ Noona are having a moment."

"Mhm!~" Taeil nodded in agreement. "They are definitely connecting."

“Well…” ______ cleared . “I have to go get something from my locker, before class starts so I’ll see you guys later.”

Jaehyo looked at her.

“Can you go alone?”

“Oppa, I know I can be a klutz, but I don’t you dare jinx me. I doubt something will happen on the way to my locker.” She laughed and playfully shoved him.

______ had just opened her locker door, when someone came up behind her and covered her eyes.

“Guess who…” he said, trying to disguise his voice.

______ inhaled his scent.

‘Jinyoungie…’ she thought with a smile. “Hmm…is it, Jung…Yonghwa?!?”

“What?!”

“No, I’m wrong? Aww…darn it!~” she said. ‘Hehehehe, it’s fun messing around with him. If he can tease me, I’ll mess around with him too.’

“Aish…guess again!” he growled through gritted teeth.

“Okay, maybe it’s Jung…Byunghee? Oh, I love MBLAQ!!!~” she squealed. “Well, it can’t be Jung Juri, because your voice sounds manly. So, she’s off the list.”

“Yah!” he pouted. “It’s REALLY not that difficult!!”

“Oh, I know who it is!!!~” she said in a sing song voice.

“Yah, you better get it right this time.” He threatened.

“Okay, Okay! It’s Jung…”

“Yes?~~”

“Jung Jin-…” she paused and pretended to think about it, for a moment.

“Yep! You’re getting there! Just one more syllable!~”

“Jung Jinwoon!~”

“You hate me don’t you?” Jinyoung sighed, dropping his hands.

______ giggled.

“Of course not, Jinyoungie!” she said turning to kiss his lips. “I really, really, missed you!~”

Jinyoung kissed her back and wrapped his arms around her, tightly.

“You better have missed me, because I missed you, like crazy.”

She grabbed his chin and kissed him again.

“Eww…PDA.” A female voice said.

______ quickly broke off the kiss.

“YAH! Where the hell did YOU come from?!”

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Seo ______.”

“Die, evil witch, DIE!!!~” ______ snapped. “What the hell are you doing here? I hadn’t seen you in a while so I thought you had moved away. Not that it matters.”

“I did. I transferred to another school, but I missed my boyfriend, so much! I had to come back here!”

“Oh, Yippee for you.” ______ said with no enthusiasm at all. “Go find the jerk and quit harassing me, Son Naeun.”

______ slammed her locker closed and grabbed Jinyoung’s hand, dragging him away.

“______-ah, who was that?” he asked curiously.

“No one, too important, she’s just some backstabber.” ______ stated simply and pulled him towards their classroom.

Later, at lunch, Jaehyo was sitting with Block B.

“I guess Jung Jinyoung-ssi is back?” Zico said, nodding his head in the direction of B1A4’s usual table.

Jaehyo looked up to see them cuddling and laughing.

“Oh, I guess so…” he muttered softly.

His phone started to vibrate, notifying him of a new text message.

-Guess who I ran into today?-______ texted.

Jaehyo looked up to make eye contact with her and shrugged.

-Son Naeun…-

He read the message and sighed.

-I didn’t know she was back…What happened?!-

-We’ll talk about it later okay?-

He looked at her and nodded.

______ smiled and turned her attention back to her boyfriend.

“Do you see how bright Sunwoo’s hair is.”

“I know right? It’s blinding!~” Jinyoung squinting his eyes. “The hamster got too much sun. I should have gotten more sun on the beach. Yah, is he prettier than me now?”

“Dongwoo is!” she teased, making CNU blush a bit.

“Yah, first you don’t recognize your own boyfriend and now I’m not pretty enough?” he said, with fake whimpers.

“Hyung is stealing my aegyo act!~” Gongchan grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Don’t upset the baby!~” ______ scolded. “That’s okay, Channie, you’re still the cutest!~”

Gongchan grinned and stuff his tongue out at his Hyungs.

“Yay!~ Mehrong!~~~” he laughed.

“Aigoo, remind me to NEVER go away again. Absence causes amnesia and, apparently, blindness too.” Jinyoung said trying to pry the maknae off of his girlfriend. “Yah, Gong Chansik! Let go!~”

“Noooo!~”

“3…”

Gongchan didn’t budge, at all.

“2…”

“Mehrong, mehrong, mehrong!!~~” the maknae teased.

“1…That’s it, Channie, I’m going to kill you. Come back here.”

Gongchan squealed and took off running.

Jinyoung  growled and started to chase him around the table.

“Duck, Duck, duck, duck, GOOSE!~” Baro shouted. “Come on, tell me I’m not the only one who is reminded of that game right now.”

Sandeul high-fived him.

“I’m with you on that one.”

“Actually, to me, I’m reminded of a Harabeoji, chasing his unruly grandson around.” CNU chuckled.

“They’ll run off of energy soon and sit back down.” ______ giggled. ‘I’m getting dizzy watching them run around in circles.’

“Actually…Channie had a huge chocolate shake and some candy before school today.” Baro said. “Harabeoji might get tired first.”

After a while, the two stopped and sat back down.

Gongchan laid his head on ______’s lap.

“Okay…nap time!~” he squealed.

“Y-Yah!~” Jinyoung panted. “Aigoo…I don’t even have enough energy to scream.”

“No one told you to chase him around the table!~” ______ laughed and kissed his cheek.

“He refused to let go!~” Jinyoung pouted childishly. “I was away for a week! A WHOLE week!”

“Let’s go out tonight, okay?” she said.

Jinyoung smiled and nodded.

After school, ______ was sitting in the tree house with Jaehyo.

"So...Naeun is back..." she sighed. “I don’t really care much for her…”

"______-ah, when are you going to tell me, why it is that you hate her so much?"

"I thought I already did."

"No, not really." he sighed. "It wasn't much to go on."

She looked at him.

'Well, I'm with Jinyoungie now. What could I possibly lose by telling Jaehyo Oppa the truth? It's not like anything would have happened with us. The sooner I tell him, the sooner I can get over those feelings and put everything into my relationship with Jinyoungie.' she thought. "Do you remember that day that I dressed up...differently...for school?"

"You mean the hair, makeup, and that tiny piece of fabric that you called a skirt?"

"You thought that was tiny? Do you see what other girls wear?"

"I don't care what those 'other girls' wear. I cared what you were wearing because you don't usually do that."

"Of course not, that day was special to me. I was going to make a confession."

"What?! I KNEW IT!"

"Yah, no more interruptions."

"Who was the guy?!"

"Oppa!~"

"Okay, okay. I'm shutting up now."

"Anyway, right before I planned to make the confession. I told one person about it."

"Son Naeun"

"Yep... I told her how strong my feelings were, for that person. She just kept putting him down. She didn't see what I saw. No one did."

"You keep insisting it's not Soohyun."

"It's not..."

"Then who?!?!"

"Well, I came out of class, and I saw you talking to Naeun."

"She didn't tell me anything about that guy! I swear!"

"I know..." she sighed and looked into his eyes. "Oppa...why?"

"Why, what?" he asked, completely lost.

"Why did you choose her over me?"

"Wait...WHAT?! When did I?!" he shouted.

______ just stared at him.

"You were my perfect man, exactly what I wanted in a boyfriend. The closest thing I had to a boyfriend and after being neighbors and best friends for a while, you really get to know everything about that person. I learned the good and the bad. I need to forget about my crush on you."

"Your what?! On the…who the…what now…huh?!" he screamed, jumping to his feet.

"What?” she said, trying to comprehend, what he had just said.

His heart was pounding in his chest.

"Did you just...but I...and you...We...the...um...huh?" he said with that derpy expression on his face, again.

Just then, her phone rang.

"Oh well, that's Jinyounie, I have to go meet him. You know, it feels good to finally get that off of my chest. I feel a lot lighter now." she said. “Maybe now, I can just relax and just be with Jinyoung, and not feel so conflicted. Uh...I'll see you later, Oppa!"

______ ran out as quick as possible, leaving Jaehyo there, in a daze.

He just blinked, trying to process what had just happened. 

Then, the realization finally hit him.

"Wait...it's me?!"

 

 

_____________________________________________

oooooooh...OMO! she finally told jaehyo! O_o

Yay! Jinyoungie is back!

but so is Naeun XP bleh...