As the Wind Blows

The Burden of Fame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the wind blows.

Public opinion could turn on a dime.  You could go from hero to goat in a day.

Netizens were notoriously fickled, but they were the ones that you had to please.  An actor's livelihood depended on the public's opinion of him.  That was the burden of fame.

Shin Hye was wrong.  The scandal did not die down quickly.  It picked up steam.  A few days later, an anonymous source sent in a story of Lee Min Ho and Lee Jung Ah's flirtation while filming Hostage and how he saw them holding hands and sending each other air kisses.

The netizens reaction was split to this new piece of scandal.

Most comments were critical of Min Ho.  They called him a flirt and a player.  Someone who always dated his co-stars and then drop them for the next co-star. Some netizens were giving him a pass.  Guys will be guys.  What's wrong with him playing the field if he was single? He had women throwing themselves at his feet all the time.

They weren't kind to Lee Jung Ah either. She was a flirt. She was a party girl.

But almost everyone felt sorry for Park Shin Hye.  She was next on the list.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the day of their confession to each other, things went back to normal on the set.  They went back to teasing and joking around with each other.  They set out to erase all the awkwardness that they caused. They pulled pranks on the other cast members as well as the crew to bring back the happy mood on the shooting set.

Because it would cause an unnecessary distraction to the drama, they decided to keep their relationship a secret.  Plus this love was all so new and so precious to both of them.  They weren't ready to the let the world intrude into their private lives. They didn't tell anyone, not even their managers, which made it very difficult to spend any time alone together.

Since the drama shoot was into it's last week of shooting, they were extremely busy.  Some days they only got one, or if they were lucky, two hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Min Ho felt like crap.  He berated himself for being such an idiot for putting himself in a situation that caused this scandal.  He'd give his right arm to go back to that night and change the events.  He would have gone straight home and gotten drunk there.

What upset him most was the how it affected Shin Hye.  Though most netizens' comments were supportive of her, they called her into a tragic heroine, they also pitied her and it was all his fault.  He wanted to protect her, but he all he ended up doing was exposing her to public ridicule.

Though she hadn't said much about the scandal, she had been more subdued since the latest story came out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shin Hye was concerned about  Min Ho.  The latest news story about the scandal and the comments by netizens affected him more deeply than he was showing. He tried to play it off when the topic came up.  She didn't know what to do or say or how to help him.

Though the netizens were kind to her, she didn't like being pitied.  She didn't like to be in the spotlight for her personal life.  She spent most of her adult life trying to avoid scandals, especially dating scandals.

She didn't like this feeling of helplessness.  She was so scared that this would nip their new found love in the bud before it could truly bloom.  She was scared that the stories were true.

"Shin Hye, we need to have a serious discussion."  Manager Do said.  They were just leaving this site to head to another shooting site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The agency wants to put out another denial." Manager Won was updating Min Ho.  

The negative publicity was beginning to show up in the polls.  

The drama ratings suffered a small setback, but it b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter