Caught

The Burden of Fame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye panicked when she heard the key in the lock and the keypad beeping.  Min Ho was home. What do I do?

"Yeobo, I'm home."

Shin Hye winced.  Shin Hye looked around in panic.  She didn't know what to do.  She had come by to cook dinner for Min Ho because she hadn't seen him in weeks. She had been in Europe for a couple of photoshoots and then flew her parents over for a family vacation in Europe.  They got back early this morning and she was eager to see Min Ho.

Such bad timing, Shin Hye. Why didn't you just invite him over to your place?

She stole a peek at Min Ho's Omma.  She didn't look too pleased.

"Shin Hye, where are you?"  His voice was coming closer.

Min Ho's sister took charge and pushed Shin Hye out the kitchen door.

Shin Hye wasn't sure what to do next.  Knowing Min Ho, he was going to grab her and kiss her before she could get a word out.  She'll just have to dodge him.

"Oppa, you're home. I..." Too late.  Min Ho pulled her into his arms and proceeded to kiss her senseless .  Shin Hye tried to struggle but his embrace was too strong.  He wasn't going to let go.  Shin Hye just gave up.  She hadn't seen him in two weeks.  She missed being held in his arms and being kissed by him.

Hopefully his Omma stayed in the kitchen and was hard of hearing.

"I missed you.  You aren't allowed to go on vacation without me again."  He said when he came up for air.  He swooped down for another kiss because he was a starving man.

When she felt his hand reach under her shirt, Shin Hye came to her senses and pushed him away.  Oh god, she forgot about his Omma and Noona in the kitchen.  Please god, please let them still be in the kitchen.

She snuck a peek around his right side.  Please, please be in the kitchen Shin Hye prayed.

They weren't in the kitchen.  But both of them were standing in the doorway.  His noona had a big smile on her face.  His Omma was hard to read.  Shin Hye wished the ground would just open up and swallow her.  She had never been so embarassed in her life.

"What's wrong?" Min Ho asked as he turned towards the direction of her where her eyes were focused.

"Omma, Noona, what are you doing here?"  For the first time in a very long time, Min Ho blushed.  He remembered what he was doing to Shin Hye and if it was possible his face was even more red.

His Noona had a knowing smile on her face.  His Omma was unreadable.

He looked back down at Shin Hye who was studying his shirt button like she had never seen a button before in her life.

"Omma, may I introduce you to Park Shin Hye."  He turned around bringing Shin Hye with him.

"Hello, I'm Park Shin Hye.  Are you doing well Eomoni?'  Shin Hye introduced herself and bowed.

Min Ho's Omma  gave Shin Hye a slight head bob.

"Noona, may I introduce you to Park Shin Hye."  He turned to his sister.

"Hello, I'm Park Shin Hye.  Are you doing well Eunni?'  Shin Hye introduced herself and bowed.

Min Ho's sister reached out and took Shin Hye's hand and gave it a slight pat. 

Silence.

"We're dating."  Min Ho announced.

Silence.  

Oh god, she hates me already. What am I going to do? We'll have to break up.

"Let's eat." Jun Kyung broke the silence.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

30 minutes earlier....

Shin Hye heard the keypad on the front door beeping. Huh...he's early.  He was probably as eager to see her as she was to see him. She put down the dish towel and went out to greet Min Ho. She hadn't seen him in weeks.  She missed him.

"You're home early.  You told...."  Shin Hye pulled up short.  It wasn't Min Ho.

Though Shin Hye had not met them, she recognized them as Min Ho's Omma and his noona.

Omg, what do I do? What do I say?

"Park Shin Hye?"  Min Ho's noona queried.

"Ye."  Shin Hye's manners returned.  She turned to Min Ho's Omma bowed and introduced herself.  His Omma nodded.  

Then she greeted Min Ho's sister.  His sister returned her greeting, introducing herself as Lee Jun Kyung.

"What are you doing here?" Jun Kyung asked.

"I...I...ah..I'm cooking dinner."  Shin Hye, you knucklehead.  You're cooking dinner, really?  Why are you cooking dinner is an unmarried man's house? Knucklehead.

"Oh.  I see. We're here to cook dinner too."  Jun Kyung informed her.

"Ye." Shin Hye started looking around to where she had left her bag. "Well, I'll, um, I'll be leaving then."

"No, don't leave. I'm sure Min Ho can eat both dinners." Then as an afterthought,  "You are cooking dinner for Min Ho?"

"Ye."  Oh Shin Hye, how did you get yourself into this? She tried to think of some kind of excuse to leave.

Min Ho's Omma, who had been silently following the conversation spoke. "Please stay."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"So how long have you two been dating?"  Jun Kyung asked.

Shin Hye and Jun Kyung were in the kitchen loading the trays to bring the food into the dining room where Min Ho and his Omma were waiting.

"Four months."  Shin Hye replied.  

Min Ho's sister was nice. While they were cooking dinner, Jun Kyung had kept the conversation flowing asking about Shin Hye's schedule or talking about current events.  Shin Hye was so nervous she couldn't recall what she answered.  Min Ho's Omma spoke very little of that time, which heightened her nervous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter