Admission

The Burden of Fame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye reached up and lightly touched her lips.  It was still  tingling.  She can still feel the sensation of his lips pressing on hers.  Oh god!  What had she done?

"We need to talk."

Shin Hye whipped around at the sound of his voice.  She was in her dressing area.

She didn't want to see him, not yet.  She wasn't ready.

She had promised Han Boon.

"I'm seeing someone." She threw out as a defense mechanism.  She looked down at her hands.  She concentrated on loosening the tension in each hand.

Min Ho took a step back.  He paled.  He felt as if someone had er-punched him in the stomach.

"How long?"  

"A year."

"Do you..." he paused. "Is it serious?"  He couldn't bring himself to say "love".  Hearing that Shin Hye loved someone else would be more than he could bear at the moment.

Shin Hye hesitated, deliberating. "Yes." She whispered.  She had a promise to keep.

Min Ho wanted to hit something.  He looked wildly about. He looked anywhere but at her. He had to get out of here.  

"You're a damn liar, Shin Hye."  He shot back.  "You don't kiss someone like that if it was serious."

He slammed out of her dressing room banging the door with his fist.

Once he was at a safe enough distance, he doubled over in pain. He was having trouble breathing.  The tightness in his chest was suffocating.  He was an arrogant fool. He never even considered that Shin Hye could love someone else.  He thought that he could just waltz back in life and pick up where they had left off.  God, how could he be such an such an idiot? Dammit. How could she love someone else? How dare she? The fool. She was his.  She had always been his. She should love him, only him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why the hell didn't you tell me she was dating someone?"  Min Ho asked.

"It's not my place to tell." replied Jun Hwan.

"You gave me the damn drama script and Shin Hye's damn schedule but you couldn't damn well tell me that she had a damn boyfriend?"  He'd been drinking and cussing up a storm for an hour before he decided to call Jung Hwan.  He stopped drinking, but he hadn't stopped cussing.  Cussing fitted his mood.

Jun Hwan eyed the younger man sitting across from him. They were sitting in a private room at an exclusive club.  He could tell that Min Ho had been drinking and he was upset and itching for a fight.

Jun Hwan sighed. Maybe it was a mistake for him to try and play cupid.  He should have just let fate deal with Min Ho and Shin Hye.  But he felt guilty for what happened to them 5 years ago.  

Jung Hwan had been Shin Hye's manager up until 3 years ago.  He finally decided to take the promotion the company had been offering him and settle down. He found and trained his replacement but still kept an eye on Shin Hye's activity to make sure that she was happy.

When he ran into Min Ho earlier this year, the younger man sought him out.  They had dinner and Min Ho confessed that he was still interested in Shin Hye and felt that now was the right time for them.  He just needed an opening.  Jun Hwan saw and heard Min Ho's sincerity.

Jun Hwan wanted to make atonement to Min Ho for an incident that he inadvertently caused, so he sent the drama script to Min Ho with a note regarding Shin Hye's participation even though it was kept a secret from everyone until the cast was all settled.  It was then up to Min Ho to take whatever action he needed to take, as long as Shin Hye was not hurt in any way.

"How did you find out?"  Only her close circle of friends knew about her relationship with Han Boon. She had always been cautious about dating and rumors.

"She told me.  Today." Thinking about it made his chest hurt. "You should have told me, hyung."

Jun Hwan sighed again.  "You wanted an opening and I gave you an opening. That's all I was willing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter