Brief Interlude

The Burden of Fame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

God, he was tired. The last two weeks he had been operating on autopilot.  He hadn't had much sleep. As soon as he fell asleep, he had to get up again.  He didn't know how long he could keep this hectic schedule going.  He wasn't as young as he used to be that's for sure. And, he missed Shin Hye.  He missed her presence. He missed their conversations. The way she laughs out loud.  The way she smiles, not just with but her whole face lights up with it.  She made him feel alive.  He told her about his recurring ual fantasy to , but his favorite fantasy was just the two of them cuddling, talking,  and teasing.

He can count the number of phone conversations that they had on one hand.  Then there were the occasional short texts back and forth.  Maybe it's lack of sleep, but he sensed that she was pulling away from him and that was driving him crazy.  She was a lot better at this secret relationsip thing then he was ,which when he thought about it in details, made him pretty damn angry.  Who did she practice this with and how often?

Tomorrow was the finale of Redemption.  He was on his way to meet Shin Hye for a quick interview  with HanBam to talk about the drama and promote the final episode.  He was almost dreading the meeting. He was desparate to see Shin Hye, but there would be so many people around them that they wouldn't have any private time. Then afterwards, they both had another schedule. Tomorrow she was flying to Japan for a fan meet and he had his movie premiere.  The good byes were rougher than the hellos, especially since he wouldn't be able to really spend any quality time with her.

The scandal had died down a bit.  He and Lee Jung Ah had been very formal with each other on the promotions tour.  The sunbaes in the cast had been a huge help, smoothing over the awkwardness.  The private screenings were going well.  The movie was receiving positive reviews.  Once the movie premiered, that was one less hurdle that he and Shin Hye had to jump.  

"Are you happy to be seeing your girlfriend?  Even if it's only for a few minutes?" Manager Won teased.

Min Ho shot him a rude gesture with his fingers without ever opening his eyes.  They were in the van heading to the interview sight.

"Hmm. Too bad you feel that way since Manager Do just text me that Shin Hye's appointment ended early so they can meet us an hour before the interview. I'll just text him back and..."

Min Ho sat up and snatched the phone out of Manager Won's hand.

He's having way too much fun bossing me around Min Ho grumbled to himself.

"Tell him to meet us at my villa since it's close by the interview site." He handed the phone back to Manager Won.

"Already done."  Manager Won smirked.  He really liked this power he had over one of Korea's top star.

"By the way, did you know that Shin Hye's villa is only 5 minutes from yours?"  Manager Won stated.

"Of course I know. She is MY girlfriend."

Min Ho shot him another rude hand gesture and went back to his nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shin Hye was anxious.  She hadn't seen Min Ho in two weeks.  They had been in contact, but it wasn't the same as having that person physically there.  It was difficult to have an intimate conversation on the phone, she realized.  It scared her how much she missed him.  She hoped that he missed her as much.

"Will you be all right at his place by yourself?" Manager Do was asking her.  "If not, we can cancel and just have them meet us at the interview."

Shin Hye smiled,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter