Ending before it began

The Burden of Fame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is heavenly.  I didn't realize how tired I was until now. Shin Hye sighed as her body melted into the lounge chair.

Her grueling schedule in 2013 and activities thus far this year was taking a toll.  Her sleep had not been deep or peaceful and it was beginning to show on her face.

She needed this little getaway to Malaysia to restore her mind and spirit.  She needed to return her old self, the fun loving, carefree girl, before The Heirs.  She would have loved to gone back to Ghana this year, but her schedule could not accommodate such a long trip.   As it was, she had to beg her agency to allow her this long weekend away.


"Okay, I've waited long enough.  Tell me everything and I mean everything, don't leave anything out." Me Su had been patient the whole trip.  Actually she had been patient for a couple of months now.  Shin Hye had been so close mouthed which was unlike her. 

Me Su and Soo Jin were Shin Hye's best friends in the industry and they usually share secrets.  But since her return trip from the US for the filming of her drama, they rarely saw Shin Hye.  Even after the drama ended, she was in such high demand for CFs and fan meets due the popularity of The Heirs, they were only able to meet up for a quick lunch.  Soo Jin did manage to get Shin Hye to take a few flower arrangement classes but even then Shin Hye was not in the mood to talk.

Both she and Soo Jin were very curious about the changes they saw in Shin Hye and definitely curious about her relationship with Lee Min Ho. 

There were dating rumors before the drama ended and after the SBS year end awards, it seemed like everyone in Korea was waiting with bated breath regarding their status.  But Shin Hye had been as cool as a cucumber, just carrying on with her commitments.  And Lee Min Ho was flying off to China every other day, it would seem.  They didn't even seem to be in contact.

Of course most of the fans in Korea secretly hoped that they would date because, let's face it, they were so perfect together.  They were the perfect representatives for Korea.  Both were gorgeous, talented, and humble people.   They just give off all sorts of signals when they were together.  But both were also extremely private individuals so all the fans could do was wait to see what happens.

"Where do you want me to begin?" Shin Hye eyed her friend warily.  She knew this day of reckoning was coming and she had been mentally organizing her thoughts and preparing her answers.

"Lee Min Ho!" Su Me quickly blurted.  What's the use beating around the bushes? "Or should I say, Min Ho, Oppa," Su Me mimicked Shin Hye's aegeyo voice and adding a little wiggle.

"What about him?" Shin Hye smiled innocently at her friend.

"Are you guys in a relationship or not?" Su Me was definitely not one to beat around the bushes.

"Not."  Shin Hye answered.

"Why not?  You two definitely have feelings for each other.  Everyone can see it, especially during the SBS awards show. "

Shin Hye shrugged her shoulders. "The timing is not right and frankly I'm not sure I can deal with all the scrutiny.  I like my lifepeaceful and stress free."

"Do you like him?"

"Of course! Who wouldn't?"  Min Ho oppa was the closest to her ideal man.  He was the perfect gentleman, always enquiring about her welfare and ensuring  her comfort.  Even though they joked around, he never treated her like one of the guys.

"Everyone with eyes who watched the SBS awards can tell that he likes you.  Don't overthink it Shin Hye."

"Hey, aren't you suppose to be my rational side?  That was an irrational comment."

"I can see the wheels in your brains spinning.  You are friend-zoning him, aren't you?"  Su Me was disappointed.  She thought that they would mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter