The Drama

The Burden of Fame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They didn't have to do many promotions for the drama.  Their reunion alone created it's own publicity.  Everyday there was an article about them along with unauthorized pictures and fancams.  The crowds at the filming sites told it's own story.

The reunion of Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye was highly anticipated by many fans.  They became known as Korea's star-crossed lovers.

They first met when she was 20 and he was 23 for a series of cosmetic commercials.  There was definitely a spark between them.  But, they were too young  and immature then.  They were just starting to rise in their careers.  

They met again when she was 24 and he was 27 for The Heirs. They showed all the signs of being a couple in the first blush of love.  There was dating rumors.  But then, too, they were too young and their popularity was far reaching.  They were busy with their respective schedules. Again, the timing was not right.  

Now, she was 30 and he was 33, reuniting as lovers in Redemption, a sad love story.  They were both A-list actors and on top of the Hallyu wave. She had become a blue chip in the CF world and an award winning actress. He had completed his military duties and his star was back on the rise. Could this be their chance to find love and be together?

The first episode scored a respectable 18%.  The second episode soared to 21%.  The last 15 minutes of the second episode, the couple's first meeting, scored a rating of 25%. The nation was tuning in to see if their star-crossed lovers still had their sizzling chemistry and they weren't disappointed.

The cast and crew was euphoric. Each episode saw an increase in viewership.  The international drama watchers were outnumbering the nation's viewership. Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye were indeed the top Hallyu stars and international fans couldn't get enough of them.

As their characters, Lee Hyun Bin  and Kim Eun Ji were falling in love, the public was falling in love with the couple on screen and off screen.  The few BTS that were released showed a couple who was comfortable joking around and enjoying each other's company.  There was a viral video of them having a staring contest which Min Ho won because he suddenly kissed her forehead, catching Shin Hye by surprise.  Apparently, the score was 8 to 6 based on Min Ho's hand gestures, but no one knew who was winning.

Even though the public had only seen 8 episodes, the filming was already on episode 12. Jae Joon and Joon Mi had already delivered a full script by the start of shooting. Therefore, the director and crew had the time to plan the sites and shooting schedules. With the large portion of the final episodes already shot in advance in Busan. They would complet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter