A Night Out

The Burden of Fame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's been a long time since we've all gotten together like this."  Il Woo sighed as he sunk into Min Ho's sofa.  He propped his feet on the coffee table and leaned back.  "Your place feels a lot more welcoming, warm.  Did you have another decorator come in? Can I get her number?  I need to do something with my place."

Yeah, it is definitely warmer. Min Ho thought to himself.  Her name is Park Shin Hye and she completely transformed the feel of his bachelor pad into a home.  And no you can't have her number.

Min Ho was having a guys night out at his place.  It had been a long time since he had seen all his close friends at once.  They would sometime meet up in smaller groups of two or three but not all five at once. Since two of them, Bum and Il Woo were celebs like him, their schedules were so busy that getting them all together at one time was difficult to arrange. 

"Let's get this party started.  I'm not sure why Geun Young likes you so much, but I have permission to stay out as late as I want since I'm hanging out with you." Bum looked like a contented married man.  He and Geun Young had been married for two years now and they were expecting their first child together.  They had their struggles as a public couple but they managed to work it out and got married as soon as he finished his enlistment.

"Mi Na too.  Since you're hanging out with Min Ho, it's ok, she says." Jung Mo was a high school buddy with him and Il Woo. He was a businessman now, married to his college sweethear and they had a cute little girl.

"They won't let you stay out with me all night, but with Min Ho, it's okay?"  Il Woo pouted.

"Ya.  Geun Young thinks you're a player that's why." Bum replied.

"Me?  I don't have half the girls giving me their bras and as gifts like  this guy here.  Why am I the player?" Il Woo pointing to Min Ho.

"It's because you have a pretty face and you have whiter skin.  Girls love that. And you go through a lot of girlfriends." Il Woo loved the clubs.

"I'm just searching for the right girl.  You can't do that unless you date them." Il Woo had recently broken up with his latest girlfriend, a model.

"Speaking of which, what's up with you and Park Shin Hye?  The rumors keep going around.  It dies down and picks up again.  It's been a long time since the drama ended." Il Woo asked.

"Mi Na wants me to find out too.  She definitely thinks you two have something going on." Jung Mo added.

"Nah.  Shin Hye has better taste then that." Bum kidded.  "I think she's dating a musician, the guy from Love Child. Young Geun says he wrote that love song for her."  Min Ho frowned at that.

"I'd date Park Shin Hye." Seung Ho was his friend from college.  He was a divorcee.  He looked a like a college professor, but for some reason women flocked to him. "She's my ideal woman. Innocent looks and y bod.   With that body and those dance moves, I bet she'd be a tiger in bed."

"What, you're a talentless, a non-celeb, why would she date you?" Jung Mo slapped him on the back of his head.

If he hadn't Min Ho would have.  How dare he talked about his girlfriend like that? Min Ho's temper was already rising after Bum's comment, now this.  It was too much.

Min Ho had been listening to their male ribbings in amusement.  They were always making fun of each other and putting each other down good naturedly.  They were his closest freinds.  He missed the camaderie.  He had been working almost non-stop before the military and then afterwards. He needed to cut back and make time for friends and family.

"Shin Hye and I are dating." Min Ho announced.

All heads swivelled in his direction.

"I knew it.  You've been so fricking happy lately."  Il Woo clapped him on the back.

"Mi Na was right." Jung Mo added. "She's going to be excited.  Can I tell her?"

It was an unspoken rule that none of them talk about the personal life of the celebrities.  Privacy was respected unless permission was given.

Min Ho nodded to Jung M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter