Stand Off

The Burden of Fame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye arrived on the set at 8 am on Monday morning.  After saying her greetings to everyone she headed to the dressing room for make up and wardrobe. She was going over how she would act around Min Ho.  She would treat him like any one of her idol friends. She would and commiserate about his scandal. Fake it till you make it, Shin Hye.

Min Ho had a miserable weekend.  He was a prisoner in his own home.  He was still  mad at Shin Hye.  He didn't try to call her again all weekend.  He avoided the internet and the news as well. 

"Good morning Oppa.  How was your weekend?" Shin Hye greeted Min Ho in her cheery voice when he came into the dressing room.

How can she be so cheery and happy?  She should be as upset and furious as he was.

"Why are you so cheerful?"  Min Ho grunted.

"Oppa, the scandal will die down.  You guys both issued statements.  After a few days some other news will replace it and people will forget it."  Shin Hye tried to comfort him. Even to her ears, it sounded weak.

"Do you even care?" Min Ho asked.  

Shin Hye faltered.  "Of course I care.  I don't want the scandal to negatively affect you or the drama."

Min Ho snorted. All she cared about was the drama ratings.  He didn't know Shin Hye could be so calculating.

"I guess you had great weekend."  Min Ho didn't bother to keep the sarcasm from his voice. He wanted to say more but there were too many people around.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone on the set was walking on eggshells.  They could see that the scandal had caused a rift between Min Ho and Shin Hye.  The usually affable pair were barely interacting when they weren't actually filming.  The filming was not going as smoothly as it usually did.

By late afternoon, PD pulled Min Ho and Shin Hye aside.  Even though they were both top stars, PD called them out on their unprofessional behavior.  They were making the other cast members awkward.  He gave them a section of film to watch and  left them in the room alone with instructions not to leave until they had talked and work out their differences.

Min Ho the switch and they started watching the film.  It was the kiss scene from Friday, unedited.  

His mouth moved over hers lightly at first, waiting for her response.  She pushed herself closer to his body. Her hands crawled up his arms and rested on his shoulders.  She pulled his head closer and pressed more firmly to his. He deepened the kiss.  His mouth moving urgently over hers  She let out a sigh.  He lifted his head slightly and looked at her.  She opened her eyes and watched as his mouth closed on hers again as if he couldn't stand to be apart from her for only that tiny second. Her eyes closed as she gave it all to him.  The kiss went on and on. Then the PD called "Cut".

They both sat there in silence.  Neither knew what to say. 

Min Ho shook himself out of his stupor and turned to look at Shin Hye.  She was chewing on her bottom lip, staring down at her intertwined fingers. 

He was in love with her and he was willing to bet that she was in love with him too.  They just needed to talk to each other not at each other.

Min Ho cleared his suddenly dry throat.  "Shin Hye.  We need to talk."

Shin Hye slowly turned her head and looked at him.  "Yes."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter